1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gfc1234, Dec 30, 2012.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Looks like we missed out on Ballotelli. Does anyone know if this McDonald chap is any good ?

2. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

shame we never got a lookin with ballotelli, but our yellow card count with Charlie lee in our team is enough :emoticon-0105-wink:, we move on and i'm confident holt, Morrison or odemwingie is in the pipeline to be done.

on the McDonald front, I see robins at Coventry has come out and said he's keeping a close watch on mac and it looks to me that the 28 day loan will be our limit on cody...wait and see !

sort some deals mad dog !

3. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

4. brb

brb Guest

I'm impressed, not lost his touch. Goal poaching and giving the keeper hassle at every opportunity. Exactly what an out and out goal scorer should be doing. Also I like all this raving about Weston's goal Tuesday, how many times have I said the lad should have been up front before Cody's arrival?

I reckon IF Cody gets recalled, maybe a job for Weston, then we might need another winger, Tomlin anyone?

5. throwoff

throwoff Member

No signings today, loans next week.

You heard it here first.

6. oldsparky

oldsparky Member

Monty Allen seems to be suggesting Gow is on his way to us!

Roy

7. throwoff

throwoff Member

8. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

News about us signing Bignall seems to be escalating a bit more around the web but still no concrete sites. Kevin Turner of East Stirling is also being linked to us but looks more likely to sign for Fleetwood.. Still plenty of time to re-sign Luke Rooney though :wink:

9. throwoff

throwoff Member

Kedwell sighted at Priestfield a few minutes ago, some people saying this means he is off....

Strange place to be if he is on his way!

10. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Where have you seen that about robins keeping a close eye on Cody I would be gutted if he left after a month as it is a pleasure to see him back here and I would really like it to be made permanent next season.'
    Luke Rooney is going to Cheltenham.

11. HOADIE_BOI

Happy to hear Dack will be recalled because I think he may get more time in the team now some have gone and he is not playing enough at Braintree only coming off the bench each game for 10 mins but he has scored 1 which is good.
    I think Strevens will go and potentially Birchall out on loan as they are the two who could go.
    Hopefully we will sign a midfielder as that could complete the side however I am worried about McDonald going after 28 days because he is so important.

12. brb

brb Guest

I believe in always being honest with my opinions and I certainly mean no offence to anyone. I have never had a problem with Keds and have clearly stated that in the past. However, if I was to put a bet on anything, I have thought for some months now that he would depart, most players would say stuff this I'm out of here. Although there is one big difference and that is his passion for the club and badge. Like me you don't follow the club you live and die for to walk away. So maybe I'll keep my hard earned coins in my pocket and just see what if anything unfolds.

13. HOADIE_BOI

I would keep the money in my pocket in my pocket if I was you brb he is not going anywhere 99% definite can never say 100% as you know anything can happen on deadline day and offers can come in and be done in the same day but nothing on him now. If any are doing it will be Strevens and Birchall.

14. GeminiSwiftgfc

GeminiSwiftgfc Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

15. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

16. HOADIE_BOI

Hopefully they don't recall him but I think they would keep tabs on any good player out on loan as they want to know how they are doing.

17. HOADIE_BOI

10 hours 10 minutes to go, no signing yet but hopefully there will be activity.

18. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Technically it could be up to 1am tomorrow - provided a 'Deal Sheet' has been completed !

19. HOADIE_BOI

Yeah I know there has been a few big deals that have not been done but don't get announced until the next day we know what MA is like and he would probably like to keep us on our feet wondering if a deal has been done.

20. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Don't think it will be MA who will drag his heels ,it will be our chairman, who will want to pay brinkmanship to get the lowest possible fee if we're buying and the highest if we're selling. Can't really blame him I suppose, but I wonder how many deals we've lost in the past few seasons because of it. I suspect the David Wright deal fell through because of shillyshallying up to the last minute, and that one could easily have been concluded early on in that window. I've obviously no prove of any of it, it's just my feeling knowing how he works.