1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rodwell

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

To be fair he did say this:

'Now, for me, it's not about money, it's about playing. If that means moving on to help the club in a situation that suited all parties, I would need no convincing. I'm a footballer, I want a football club.

'Why would I just walk away and be left jobless? The transfer window has two weeks to run and I'm prepared to do anything to play — any decision will be based on the chance to play football, not money.'

If that's a load of crap, I blame him for being a lying ****.

2. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Well compared to us the guy is already massively wealthy, so it would be easy for him to say that he'd take less money when he's already loaded, but he must also know that the chances of him leaving in this window are incredibly small, so it was also very easy for him to say that as well.

For me it was all just flannel. Easy stuff to say when there's not much chance of contradiction.

Looking at it another way, it was also a public reminder to Coleman that he's still there for selection.

3. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Made a fourtune and never kicked a ball

4. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

**** his selection take his shirt off him

clockstander and LAMackem like this.
  5. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

Whys he keep banging on about transforming himself as a cb? Hes played there numerous times for the U23s and he was shyte. Beadling was head and shoulders ahead of him.
    Anyway i thought he was too good to play there? I read an interview a few years ago where he said he used to play cb as a kid but his best position is midfield because he likes to use his ability to be more involved in the game.

The blokes a plank and he should do the honourable thing now and cut his ties with us. If id have been unable to do my job as much as he hasnt been able to play, id have been given the sack years ago!

clockstander and LAMackem like this.
  6. Teessidemackem

His future and his kids futures are more than secured. Theyd have been secure the day he left Everton for City. Hes a multi millionaire and his kids will grow up privelaged and so will his Grandchildren etc.
    The blokes just a greedy tw@t with no self respect or respect to us as fans and our club who have contributed to making him his millions.

7. jdsafc

jdsafc Well-Known Member

Agreed, but Burley Hurley is right. The fault for this financial mess resides with Congerton / Byrne / Short, who offered a player with an injury-prone past a contract worth £18.2m (with no 40% reduction) while paying a transfer fee of £10m

clockstander likes this.
  8. Teessidemackem

Yes i agree we are as much to blame as he is, probably more.
    My point is he has already earned about 4m from us for doing jack sh!t so he should do the honourable thing and walk away.

9. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Everyone is surely? If I get offered 10 times my wage for doing the job I'm currently then I will take it. We all would. Greed doesn't come into it for me - I have no issue with HIM and the money he's on - as Burly and JD say, I have issue with the idiots at the club who offered him that wage with no relegation clause!

10. Teessidemackem

My problem with Rodwell is his refusal to play for us and earn his high salary. Granted hes had his injury problems but Coleman even said in one of his first interviews that Rodwell needs to decide what he wants to do with his career because he doesnt seem to want to play football anymore. He had his chance a few months ago when we were short of numbers but he pulled out with a sore back. Hes taking the pish out of our club and the paying fans that pay towards his wages.

11. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

But surely personal pride, your own self esteem, would mean that you'd carry out your job to the best of your abilities. Why be happy to train with the reserves everyday and collect your cash? I'd feel like a complete fraud being in his position, I wouldn't be able to look my team mates in the eye earning that much but not pulling my weight. If he's as good as he says he is, why isn't he trying to show the world that?

Nordic, Fentonpell, Nacho and 3 others like this.
  12. Teessidemackem

My thoughts exactly.

13. LAMackem

LAMackem Well-Known Member

Poor Rodwell my heart bleeds for him. Do the right thing you s*it. Got no principles in how you lead your life. “Yes Hudson this is how you get on in life...screw everyone you can and do Jack s*it like your father”. Oh and talk bulls*it it always works...

14. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Can I just say I don't like his face? I just want to give him a slap every time I see it, for some reason...

Makemstine Roger and Nads like this.
  15. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

This interview changes nothing, the parasite is laughing at us, he was talking about his ambition to get back into the England squad the day he signed for us, and we all know what has happened since, the warning signs were there for all to see, sadly the muppets in charge at the time acted in type. Maggie was touted as a sports orientated contract lawyer with bags of experience, phew.

16. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

I bet no one on here would give away 5m to sit on the dole, which is, in essence, what you're demanding he does. You should count yourselves lucky he isn;t Kieron Dyer, Freddie Ljungberg or, our latest, Diafra Sakho.
    No you wouldn't, you'd laugh all the way to the bank.

17. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

That's a great point Norton. I couldn't do what he's doing.

Self respect and the respect of your peers is important to me. I couldn't do what he's doing in that respect. I'd be banging on Coleman's door demanding to play.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  18. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Believe it or not to some people money isn't the most important thing in the world.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  19. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

He has no self respect at all imo.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  20. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

The beauty of football!! In my working world (and most on here no doubt) we'd be hung drawn and quartered (metaphorically speaking). A footballer is offered a wage. Can do whatever they want as long as it doesn't break any of the clubs rule (Adam Johnson for instance) and pick up their money! Yeah I'd be working my arse off for someone offering me silly money. Footballers don't have to as there is nothing in their contracts about performance etc. Which is why the whole thing is in such a financial mess (few clubs breaking even over a year)

Makemstine Roger likes this.