1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival Watch

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Style, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Liverpool to win this, they'll (probably) get knocked out by a far superior Real, Barca or Bayern in the semi.

HRH Custard VC and Shwan71 like this.
  2. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

well .. I will not really count on that... Liverpool do well facing good attacking sides with their pace upfront .. they often struggle with those who are more balanced ..
    they will have great chance to win it tbh if they hold on to this result

Page_Moss_Kopite likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Guardiola <laugh> <laugh>

So much for the genius and the best team that ever played in the English league!!! Totally trashed and thrashed by a ****ing RS team which Mourinho’s United overwhelmed and didn’t give a single chance.

The City defenders looked worse than rabbits caught in the headlights. Any under 17s would have given the RS attack a better game. Having said that the bentasfuck officials still refused to rule salah offside by a clear yard, and you couldn’t have a clearer penalty by Robertson on sterling.

But City were absolutely pathetic. Whenever anyone praises this team as the best ever just remind them of last night’s match. Destroyed and humiliated in their biggest match of the season.

4. Page_Moss_Kopite

Page_Moss_Kopite Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

City are without a doubt a great team. But the best ever? I personally think teams have been extremely naïve when they've played City this season, us included. Watching City in some games felt like training match with low intensity from opposition. This is exactly why they find it so hard to play Liverpool. Momentum has largely played a great part in their success. We lost ours when we lost Pogba in September which forced Mourinho into defensive tactics which has now become a blight on our season. But I believe that United's victories over Tottenham, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool this season were not accidental. We certainly could have done so much better when we played City at OT earlier this season but we gave them too much respect and they pounded on it and we shrunk like cowards. That is one big lesson that I hope Mourinho is able to address going into next season and starting with this next game at City.

If City end up losing to Liverpool, that would validate that their PL form has been more of a fluke than a pattern. After all the talks of savior of football, Pep, it would be a massive failure for them to go out in quarter finals. If we hit them hard tomorrow, it would surely dent their morale for the return leg with Liverpool.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Our problem is (and has been for a while) we have no angry men. I love team unity and friendship, we had it in spades with Fergie but when I see players (Lukaku a lot) put their thumb up and applaud a player for spotting a pass but over hitting it, it gets me angry.
    Players like Giggs, Nev or Scholes wouldn't applaud their mate for spotting a run/pass, they would **** them for over/under hitting the ball. Mates are great but the job needs to be done proper.

glazerfodder likes this.
  7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

LOOL. I actually laughed hard when I read that line. hahaha. You absolutely have a point there. I remember Gigs giving one of the players an insane bad look when they misplaced a pass.

8. Shwan71

Shwan71 Active Member

am supporting liverpool against those ****y £££££.. seem they gonna bottle it those loseprools players

cytrax likes this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It's over now. I'm just waiting to watch City players cry.

10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Roma just won. That is a bigger upset. I hate to say it but football is winning tonight. Liverpool lost Coutinho but have gained so much more in return (fkers). Amazing!!

luvgonzo likes this.

11. Christiansmith

The RS were always going to go through as City are really not as good as the pundits make them to be. Under pressure they fold. But the #bentasfuck referees really helped the RS. Over 2 ties, undisputable “errors” by the referees: an offside by Salah for the first goal in the first leg, clear penalty on Sterling in the second half and tonight a good goal for City chalked off. Without these the RS would definitely not have gone through.

I would give credit if a team deserves to go through but the Refereeing errors had a huge effect on the outcome.

12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Meh, at least City are keeping their European "pedigree" up to scratch <laugh>

glazerfodder and Christiansmith like this.
  13. Christiansmith

Three defeats in the three most important matches of the season. <laugh> So much for the genius and the best team that has ever played in the premiership. No drive, full of flaws. Tiki taka football found to be ineffective under pressure. Champions may be but the best team in the world ? Give me a break. But having said that the RS benefitted so much from the referees you just have to wonder how good they are too.

Matches riddled with #bentasfuck refereeing. :D

Diego likes this.
  14. Christiansmith

The Italians have decided to turn up. Roma thrashed Barcelona 3-0 ignoring the fame of their opponents. Not to be outdone Juventus scored 3 AWAY at the home of Real Madrid before an English referee killed them. There were 10 seconds left on the clock before extra time was announced. If that penalty was given inside extra time, Juventus would have gone through by scoring another goal.

When big matches are played, the big Italian clubs turn up. The reverse seem to happen for Spanish and English clubs.

15. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The fact Real are favourites to win a third CL title in a row (and turned up massively to hammer Juve in their own back yard in the first leg) would tend to indicate that they do turn up to the big games.

But yes, over the past five or six years it does seem like most English clubs struggle to turn up for the big games, and either rely on their opponents being poor or a big slice of luck to progress.

16. Christiansmith

City thrashed Spurs at Wembley. Might not be such a bad thing as we are playing the Londoners next weekend. Has JM identified some weaknesses? Will he be cautious? Will he have learned from our previous visit?

It looks like whoever wins this semi will be favourites for the Cup.

17. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

<laugh> all of it <laugh>

18. Page_Moss_Kopite

Yeah, Roma never turned up at the final at their own stadium when we beat them and AC Milan turned up for the draw in Istanbul but forgot to turn up for the penalty shootout.

19. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You mean when you drew 1-1 with them?

Shocking lack of istoreee knowledge there - football didn't begin in 1992 you know...

20. Page_Moss_Kopite

Think you'll find we beat them, otherwise they'd have been presented with the cup.:emoticon-0105-wink:

You're clutching at straws there Swarbs.:emoticon-0100-smile