1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 2, 2012.

1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Utter bullshit. Claude clearly said "DVD's going off the pitch", which has nothing to do with us making a DVD of the game.

I can understand why nobody heard him at the time, as it was quite quiet and Troops talks over him, but there's no two ways to read that.
    Robbie can't have watched that back and come to any other honest conclusion.

2. SpursDisciple

SpursDisciple Booking: Mod abuse - overturned on appeal
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely. If they are clearing it up, the actual quote should have been used and let him explain that. As you say, in the context it was 100% a racial slur. Not one I was familiar with admittedly, but now I am, then it is clear. Bit like Clarkson when Top Gear were in the far east and he made a comment about a guy walking over a bridge. Again, in my naivete, it wasn't an expression I was aware of ("Slope") but it was racist.

I think Claude's demeanor shows his guilt here. Racists often say stuff like I don't care what strangers think, and my family know I'm not racist. Means they can't defend the actual quote/behaviour. If I said something unintentionally racist, I would filling the airwaves in apology, promising that it wasn't meant that way, not sitting back telling everyone I don't care what they think. Wrong attitude.

3. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

4. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

5. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Says it all that Claude's deleted the tweet where he tries to bullshit his way out of it, and the channel's lost a sponsor because of it

6. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Robbie’s just recently tweeted apologising for what was said and the lame follow up response video and says that Claude has been removed from AFTV indefinitely.

Losing a sponsor really makes people apologetic... funny that.

7. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Two in one match? Oops!

8. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

I've seen this debated. Is suggesting Kane avoids a booking cause he is white (apart from being ludicrous) actually racist? It is accusing the ref of being racist I suppose, certainly of being skin colour conscious, but I'm not sure the guy is being racist. If being a thick twat meant you shouldn't be online, social media would be very quiet. Interested to hear different views.

No Kane No Gain likes this.
  9. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

He is suggesting white footballers are treated more favourably than black ones, which is a racist remark. If the boot was on the other foot, and a white fan accused black players of being treated more favourably than white players, there would be a shiete storm of epic proportions and hell to pay.

10. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

It's not racist either way, it's just a dumb bitter comment. It's of the same vein as saying Kane gets preferential treatment by refs because he's England captain, which I've heard before, and is equally laughable.

humanbeingincroydon likes this.

11. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

The ref booked Davies, Lo Celso and Winks. It's just an absolute fantasy.
    Imagine if somebody had said the reverse. "X player got away with that because he's black."

Edit: Slightly irrelevant, but how delusional is Ty? "Not one booking!" We got five, two more than them.
    Pepe and Lacazette both did shirt pulls when on yellows, too.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
  12. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Neil Lennon would like a word...

13. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Is it though? At worst it is accusing the ref of being racist. If a player said it, then I get it is unacceptable and wrong and should be punished, but I've heard fans say worse. It is ignorant and unsupported by facts, but I can't see it as racist.
    It would be worse if the other way around, and would then clearly be an accusation of racism against the officials, but as NKNG says, it's not racist from him. I cannot stress enough that it is stupid and demonstrably wrong, but as a fan he is not held up to the same standards as players and officials, obviously
    Don't get me started on Ty. From the headphones that are unconnected to anything, to the long meaningful stares at the camera, the ludicrous optimism and reluctance to offer a word of criticism of his club, the man is a walking figure of fun. He needs to understand people are laughing at him, not with him.

The Changing Man likes this.
  14. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Remember before the match a whole bunch of the saddos were using the hashtag KanePenaltyBingo, because the Nomads really do like getting on those crosses don't they?

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I thought it was racist

I think he thinks it’s ok to say these things because he is black and BLM and all that seems to get to some idiots heads...I’ve seen the thought process before.

No chance in this world could anyone get away with blatantly saying ‘it’s because he’s black’

Stokenchurch yid and Spurf like this.
  16. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

BLM? Yes of course.BUT! ALL LIVES MATTER!!!!!

Stokenchurch yid likes this.
  17. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

We really need a dislike button on here.

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

please log in to view this image

19. bigsmithy9

bigsmithy9 Well-Known Member

I repeat. "ALL LIVES MATTER". Whoever you are.Wherever you are in this world!

20. SpursDisciple

Forum Moderator

Alright I will give you the benefit of the doubt. BLM is a movement addressing the fact that (seemingly) to some people/institutions Black Lives do not matter at the moment. People who don't think that is important often come back with All Lives Matter - which of course is true, but it is a phrase used by racists who want to demean the BLM movement. Another more evil strain will shout White Lives Matter (which in literal terms is also true) but that is the call of KKK and the like. All I am saying is that context is important here.