1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 2, 2012.

1. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

I respect your opinion Spurlock and I know you are not alone when it comes to your opinions on Levy.

But I think that it is harsh to lay the blame for our lack of trophies entirely at his door, we have lost plenty of semi finals in his tenure due to errors on the field or in management and these are as much to blame as the man with the money - Poch needs to learn to win the big matches on a more regular basis, you only have to look back to the thread here for the first Inter Milan match to see many of us venting our frustrations.

Levy is building us a future and I think it's a bright future and its true that Poch can make it brighter by winning a trophy or two and a win at the goons in the league cup in a couple of weeks maybe a step in the right direction.

As for that missed opportunity in the summer I am not so sure, Levy says money was available and Poch says the right players were not, no one has to sell to us and why waste money if the players that might improve us don't want to come

2. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

In the last decade we've spent £400m on the stadium. On top of that, we've got facility to borrow £623m, of which we've spent £350m+. We'll have spent over £1 billion on infrastructure when we finish building. We've spent the money, just on things that will last a lifetime.

MP signed up knowing all of this. It's why he is loyal to Spurs. Levy told him when he signed that money wasn't there for signings. He's loyal to the project when he is being offered the top football jobs. It shouldn't be beyond us as fans to do the same. United are spending hundreds of millions and can't poach our manager? Let's get behind the current regime. Our manager and team deserve it.

3. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Well said Brian <ok>

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Well said Brian but you'd better not let harry feckin hotspur read this <laugh>

5. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Another offside goal for Liverpool....

Sucky and Billy The Spur like this.
  6. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

You may well have been aware that a certain Liverpool manager had been briefing the ref over the past week that his players were not to be tackled. I suspected that this might result in early yellows for the opposition and indeed it has. Early yellows are very subtle but important - teams playing SAF's ManU used to get them a lot - it prevents the opposition player(s) playing their normal game. Now two Bournemouth players have to be wary for 70 minutes. Even if they don't get sent off, they still won't be contributing 100%.

7. Billy The Spur

Billy The Spur Well-Known Member

Bin Dippers 1 goal up courtesy of an offside Mo Daley goal.

Sucky likes this.
  8. vimhawk

vimhawk Well-Known Member

Add it to the list. They've had very few wins without the benefit of refs assistance!

9. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

the refereeing is so one sided on this match it's a joke

10. Billy The Spur

And Milner goes through the ball and the man, and no yellow card. Vertonghen did similar and got a second yellow, had he been playing for Liverpool he would have stayed on the pitch.

11. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's Liverpool. Not sure what you were expecting.

Billy The Spur likes this.
  12. remembercolinlee

a passable pretence of fairness?

13. The Changing Man

The Changing Man Well-Known Member

Why can't Alan Smith just be honest - Salah was offside there was no question about it was quite clear and obvious on the replay. Trouble is that on pools case I am not convinced VAR will help because it will be the same refs still letting them get away with things

14. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Why?

15. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

To think that there isn’t players out there good enough to improve us is laughable. Don’t forget this is the same Poch that has been reminding everyone this week that every time he wakes up and sees Wembley, he thinks it’s an honour and loves playing there. The midweek attendance suggests otherwise. I understand the unwavering loyalty people have towards Levy but he has not helped us on the pitch unless we help ourselves. Football needs a balance between future and the very important present. We are always building for the future...I can remember when every season used to be ‘transitional’ for us...when will the transition ever start coming to fruition? To me it sounds like when a fan questions Levy then we are always reminded of the past and told it’s about the future. He’s milked that cow for 20 plus years now. Look at where we are in the league...fighting at the top end is for owners who are serious about building teams. We are being sold the same ticket we used to mock Arsenal for.

Anyway...match day today...I’m sure we will have plenty opportunities to have this conversation again <laugh>

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    The Changing Man and BobbyD like this.
  16. remembercolinlee

idunno.gif

17. Billy The Spur

It will help clear up all the marginal offsides they benefit from and matters of fact decisions, but yes, the matter of opinion decisions will see the mugs in the VAR studio continuing to favour Liverpool.

18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I am behind the team Brian...I’m not behind Levy’s philosophy for running our team...like I said he should hang around and help the next owners run the business...he’s good at that.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  19. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

I think Liverpool would be at least 10 points worse off if referees applied the rules consistently and correctly. This will only happen when pigs fly.

20. PowerSpurs

PowerSpurs Well-Known Member

Now a clear penalty and red card ignored.

vimhawk and Billy The Spur like this.