1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rival watch

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Lovearsenalcock, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Palace become the first team to lose their opening 5 games. And they still haven't scored.

Good. I hope they get relegated and that smug git Parish learns his lesson.

2. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

Watching Arsenal Chelsea, good game but I find myself wanting Arsenal to win because Chelsea are such a cynical bunch, Luiz is perhaps the worst of them. Arsenal are trying to play the football.

3. And there was me thinking he had had a better game when he went and got sent off!! <laugh>
    Goons have done well today - hard tho' it is to admit...

4. Citizen Kane

Ideal result for us. Chelsea just 2 ahead and Arsenal remain behind. Doubt Everton will get anything at OT the way they're playing but 5 points off the top isn't a disaster. No one has really got going this season.

Lovearsenalcock and Roo like this.
  5. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

Agreed. I was hoping that'd stay 0-0. Fingers crossed Everton will turn up against united and give them a game. Stoke made a go of it last week and we could do with someone else making life a bit harder for them. Everton are capable, but will they turn up? Hopefully Rooney has a blinder.

6. Spurf

Spurf Thread Mover
    Forum Moderator

City may disagree <laugh>

But they start fast and fade the opposite to most of us. They've had time off realised how rich they are and come back determined. Doesn't last as they drift into complacency and concentrate on deciding to enlarge their home garages instead of getting rid of the Ferrari and the Bentley. Where's the BM going? Good point! Charity shop or skip?

7. "Thanks for that Brian"

"Thanks for that Brian" Well-Known Member

1-0 in 3 minutes.

RCL 're-training' issue, methinks?

8. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

FFS <doh>

9. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

Rooney has "Angry Birds" written on the sleeve of his top.
    Must be sponsored by Coleen and her mum.

10. Citizen Kane

Everton playing pretty well but lack a focal point up front. United are unbelievably negative.

11. Citizen Kane

Sorry everyone.

remembercolinlee and Roo like this.
  12. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

United and City are really doing the job, aren't they? Granted they'll both have tougher games (especially united), but you can only play what's in front of you. Their goal difference is frightening. A long long way to go, but a few other teams including ourselves are going to need to get our arses in gear, and fast.
    No more time for experiments like yesterday. It's bad enough that all of our transfer business is done 3 games into the season, and we're playing at an unfamiliar ground.

Now's the time to get things right that are within the control of the manager and players.

13. littleDinosaurLuke

littleDinosaurLuke Well-Known Member

So City are top on alphabetical order:embarrassed::huh:
    That's a good reason for any club to change their name to Aardvark Athletic.
    What's the alphabet got to do with it?

14. Citizen Kane

I've got them down as the top 2 and have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. United weren't great today but the strength in depth both sides have is scary. Also, as much as I despise him as a person, you can't knock Maureen's experience in this league. His sides traditionally have solid 1st seasons, peak in year 2 and then implode in year 3, so they are my bet for the title. In all honesty, if we finish below two teams worth a combined £1.8billion, there is nothing to be ashamed of. Finishing below Arsenal and Pool is a different story.

I had hoped that beating Dortmund would be the springboard to get our arses in gear, as you say, but unfortunately that didn't materialise. Looking at our next 5 fixtures, I have to say that 5 wins should be our minimum aim: Barnsley, West Ham, Apoel, Huddersfield, B'mouth. More than that, with Real (x2), United, Pool, Arsenal and Dortmund away all on the immediate horizon after that run, if we haven't got our season up and running by full time against Bournemouth, I fear we won't get it up and running at all.

15. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

****'s sake Bournemouth...

16. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Everton won't be involved in a relegation battle will they, surely not?

17. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Palace seem intent on shooting themselves in the foot with a bazooka while Huddersfield signed Rob Green, so that leaves just one relegation spot open...

D.G.C. likes this.
  18. D.G.C.

D.G.C. Well-Known Member

Yes granted but I remember when Roy Vernon played for Everton, they can't go down as they've been in the top flights longer than anybody else. Zero goals for and ten against in three matches is damning for them.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

They will be fine, finish around the mid point 9-12. They are integrating a lot of new players and improving slightly every week.
    By the end of the season they will be a decent team.

D.G.C. likes this.
  20. Citizen Kane

Bolasie's return will be a massive boost for them, but I can see Koeman dipping back into the market in January for a proper target man with the £7.99 Levy gives him for Barkley.

Still have no idea why they spent so much on Siggy. Love the guy dearly but unless you give him a nicely positioned free kick, he isn't going to change a game for you. Simply not a top 6 player and proof of the pudding is in the fact that he wouldn't get into any of the teams that Everton are supposedly reeling in.

Koeman's transfer strategy was muddled but if he can somehow bring in a young CB and a decent ST in January then I agree, he will have a good side come the end of the season.

Lovearsenalcock and Diego like this.