1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

RIP Charlie Harcourt

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by clockstander, Aug 2, 2020.

1. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Just three days after the death of legendary blues guitarist Peter Green shook the music industry and music lovers worldwide, generations of northeast music fans were devastated to learn of the passing of one of their own guitar heroes, Charlie Harcourt. Charlie died in hospital on 28th July 2020 following a long period of ill-health.
    Just found this on
    http://www.readysteadygone.co.uk/farewell-charlie-harcourt/#comment-199057

2. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

RIP CH. Lady Eleanor was a fave when I was a kid. Never understood how the same band could produce an ethereal sound like that at the same time as a gimpy effort like Fog on the Tyne!

Robertson likes this.
  3. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Charlie will be remembered most, for the time he and 3 other members of the Junco's backed the blues giant Howlin Wolf on his tour of Great Britain, the web site I mentioned above has all the details of that tour, and much much more, They shared a bill with Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac on part of that tour and how sad to loose both great lead guitarists within a day or two. They also played with many other top bands British and American during their time at GoGo,s. Although from Newcastle they built up a huge following in Sunderland and the night mentioned at the Blue Note in 1965 was the first time I saw them, it was not the last, they were knockouts a great band, and well ahead of the game in those far off days.

Robertson likes this.
  4. Conspiracy Theorist

Conspiracy Theorist Well-Known Member