1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Replacing Pablo

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Doc, May 29, 2022.

1. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Massive problem with a lack of goals from midfield, well thats been the argument for a while ever since we didnt sign Cuisance2 years ago. When your strikers miss the target teams rely on goals from midfield and for this exercise I ignored the DM role and looked at the AMs. Dallas is a bit of an anomaly because he has played in defence at times, but as he has 25 goals I included him anyway. This is the table for goals as a % of games played in
    1. Raphinha 27%
    2. Rodrigo 23%
    3. Pablo 20%
    4. Harrison 17%
    5. Klich 13%
    6. James 12%
    7. Dallas 10%
    8. Roberts 8%
    We have missed the goals from Klich and Dallas this season and in fairness there were many opportunities but scuffed shots and some wayward efforts. Raphinha and Rodrigo were both unlucky this season too as both hit the woodwork many times, if those tiny margins fell the other way we wouldnt have been in so much trouble?

You could also say our CBs didnt chip in enough goals too but a decimated back line didnt help

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  2. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Rodrigo gets a bad press yet his numbers are far better than most. Many of his appearances has been as a sub and if you did the same exercise as a % o minutes played he would be top of the table. Yes he's had some woeful performances, but just maybe hes peed off with what hes been asked to do and the lack of balls going into him, I get the feeling he wants out and frustrated as hell.

3. NostradEmus

NostradEmus Firpo is Shit

That's why I dislike the guy. He plays ****, gets subbed, and then sulks as he walks off. He's a senior player and our marquee signing. We are in a battle to avoid relegation and he acts like a teenager. His performances and more importantly effort leaves alot to be desired.

He also has alot of influence on Rapha (both Brazil born) and Firpo and those three downed tools at the end for Bielsa. Imo Rodrigo was the ring leader of that and I want all three gone. Gary Neville managed Rodrigo at Valencia and although he doesn't criticise him directly he NEVER gives him credit or says he is a good player like he has for others who were there. Makes me feel like Rodrigo revolted against him at Valencia.

Sorry, Rodrigo is trouble. Has to go. Don't like him.

As for Pablo replacement, I reckon Aaronson has a bit of Pablo about him. Looks like he can pick a pass for sure.

4. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Emu makes lots of good points and I agree with a lot of them. It will be interesting to see what happens with Rodrigo as on the one hand he could be asked to play in his best position by Marsch and actually show the real Rodrigo, better late than never. I think he wants out unless Marsch has the answers?

bucks_is_leeds and NostradEmus like this.
  5. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Just looked at Bamford and he has a 39% return which means that Rodrigo is our 3rd best weapon. Poor underused Joffy even has a 10% return.

6. Eireleeds1

Eireleeds1 Well-Known Member

Some send off for Pablo yesterday

7. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

where are these figs coming from doc… are they ‘career’ at Leeds? On this season Harrison’s figures are better.

I think minutes played is probably fairer too… and makes joffy for example look a lot better. But in principle you’re correct, we don’t distribute goals enough around the team. And it becomes especially apparent if we don’t have a fit striker! Take away the penalties and raph and rods contribution diminishes.

Whitejock likes this.
  8. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

The data is a quick check on wiki and career at Leeds. Klich for example has scored close to double figures ever since Bielsa landed, but this season almost ziltch. Harrison is the only one who has been consistent, although his assists are garbage because he shoots from anywhere too much and keeps the ball too much making the wrong decisions, but at least he registers. Rodrigo is the stand-out for me as I assumed he would be as bad as Dan James. We all knew Raphinha was going to be good.

However we do need more midfielders to chip in with goals next season

9. milkyboy

Harrison had 8 assists last year when we had a striker, 1 assist this year when we didn't his expected assists was 5 this year. His decision making isn't always the best i agree... but think the issue with assists this year is not having anyone on the end to actually score them!

Whitejock, Doc and NostradEmus like this.
  10. NostradEmus

That's awesome. Fully deserved.

11. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If Phillips stays lets hope the Marsch way brings Phillips and DMs into scoring positions from time to time as having half your midfield tied to defend loses half your middle players from scoring. Kalvin should have scored a lot more than he has this last 3 seasons but profligate when got a chance

12. Eireleeds1

Huddersfield have been rubbish in first half If that’s the best corberan can muster I’m afraid he’s some distance from being pl quality. Maybe second half will see an improvement

13. Leedsoflondon

Leedsoflondon Well-Known Member

Think he might be constrained by the quality of players at his disposal. He’s got Tom Lees ffs <laugh>

14. Eireleeds1

Likely but if They make the pl and adopt this sitting back and counter attacking nonsense they’ll be relegated by Xmas

15. Leedsoflondon

Good <cheers>

Eireleeds1 and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  16. NostradEmus

That's why we want them up. Good chance they'll finish below us.

17. Leedsoflondon

Dog botherers been cheated out of this.

FORZA LEEDS, NostradEmus and Doc like this.
  18. Eireleeds1

Not really. They were hopeless

19. milkyboy

hopeless but denied 2 pens… one wasn’t sufficient evidence to overturn decision, second wasn't even looked at.

Both looked like pens to me.

20. NostradEmus

Both 100% pens. Can't believe they got it so wrong.

Leedsoflondon and FORZA LEEDS like this.