1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Remember when we were idiots once?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by overseasTOON, Nov 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. overseasTOON

overseasTOON Active Member

We have the most vibrant club forum on this site with a plethora of users who all bring something unique and special to the posts on here.

Let's recall that at the start, it appeared that many from BBC 606 didn’t make the transition to the new forum because the articles and general banter were (upon reflection) diabolical as we enjoyed our new found freedom to swear and generally say incredibly libellous things about anything under the sun. I was guilty of this for sure and I look back of some of the first posts and threads I created with embarrassment.

Something changed though as we eventually calmed down, became bored of the ability to profane as and when and we all started to moderate ourselves to a point where most of the posts were safer to read and actually enjoyable.

Sure, we’ve had a few ‘legendary threads (cheers Tash)’ but on the whole, we’ve stayed away from creating more of that ilk.

We’ve largely imposed upon ourselves a set of standards and when some outside this particular Newcastle forum don’t adhere to these, it has caused contention to us when we’ve seen some of the distasteful comments on GC.

I don't like the attitude of numerous posters on that board but neither am I willing to argue with them over there individual concepts of behaviour or try to enforce Mick to enforce stricter moderation on them. It's their choice to express these thoughts and within bounds; their right.

Let’s not leave here. We are in control of this Newcastle forum. We have our own ideals and rules that we try to adhere to. These are not imposed via some forum regulations but by ourselves.

I’m not happy about the standard of comments on GC but I’ve decided NOT to look at them. Mick can handle this situation if he wants to.

I’m not signing up to any additional forum. I’m staying. To those who leave, I hope I’ll see you around again and à bientôt.

2. Alan

Alan Well-Known Member

Great thread overseasTOON. You guys have built a successful community on here and why ruin that.

3. Chappaz

Chappaz Active Member

please log in to view this image

?

4. Jock McMagpie

Jock McMagpie Active Member

Im staying. To be honest I don't even know whats been saidon GC as I never look at it.

5. Andmcit

Andmcit Member

What is this General Chat place everyone talks of? :confused:

6. Rafa's Championship Party

Rafa's Championship Party Well-Known Member

Sick jokes about Gary Speed and other people who have died.

7. SirBR

SirBR Active Member

Here, Here

We don't need to even bother with the GC, we have our own community right here which we self patrol and will tell someone if they've crossed the line.

I've never bothered even commenting on the GC, I've had a look in and to be honest seen nothing there that would make me want to join in with the knuckle dragging moraless tossers.

8. overseasTOON

It's a place of great darkness just past the Mountain of Doom in Mordor.

It makes Sunderland look good.

9. Aldridge_Prior

Aldridge_Prior Active Member

OT for MOD!

10. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Never been there, never will. It's just a trolling zone, and people get constantly mocked for there opinions. I stick to our forum, simple and sometimes a bit of drama. <ok>

11. NufcBano

NufcBano Active Member

Cant say I have ever looked at it. Why bother?

12. holystone

holystone Active Member

Been on GC once in 6 months. Says it all. Football is the answer. The question is irrelevant.

13. The Secret Ingredient

The Secret Ingredient Well-Known Member

my feelings about this forum have little to do with GC i've mentioned the bike forum and what went on there and the speed thing just compounded it for me general chat should be the place for music,gaming,book and film threads were everyone can contribute and a wider choice can be had by all not hijacked with vile **** there is after all a nsfw section (which i now see is being used for the right reasons) the GC forum has had no moderation at all and now they do ....one of the ones posting the **** and making threads about it <doh> wrong choice imo and a sign of shuffling the problem around not dealing with it.
    Like i've also said i'll see how it goes it's alright leaving somewhere alone and letting them get on with it but when it spews over to other boards and the like then something has to be done.

14. barnaby

barnaby Well-Known Member

I dont post much but still look at threads. Still a good Forum for football fans also when we arent playing Music, Movies and Books threads are well received.

15. Jock McMagpie

Jock McMagpie Active Member

I seen something on the main screen,just ignored it and bypassed it though!!!

16. simonbh7

simonbh7 Active Member

Well said OT

I tend to stick to the football forums on here. I had a look at GC once, when I first joined, and decided that I wouldn't bother again.

I hope that those guys that have decided to leave will return when things settle down again, as they are all part of a great little community that has developed here.

17. holystone

holystone Active Member

Hey, what do you say Santon gets 20 mins in CM? .........LOL

18. aginairrr

aginairrr Active Member

OT for Prime Minister!

19. overseasTOON

I'd finally finish the work started by William Wallace <whistle>

EDIT: Only joking.

Scotland can't survive on Whiskey sales, corporate haggis hunting party revenues and the Old Firm turnover for very long :)

20. Aldridge_Prior

Aldridge_Prior Active Member

Not if the question is "How expensive are strawberries these days?"...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.