1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Redknapp is taking us down

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by rangercol, Jan 17, 2015.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

The buck has to stop with old dino chops.
    Today, we again saw square pegs in round holes with Isla playing at right back when he's a wing back;Vargas playing right mid/wing when he's a forward and Fer playing left mid/wing when he should play centrally.
    This is all down to Harry's ineptitude. He sold our only proper right back whilst pursuing a three at the back system which lasted about 5 minutes! He bought the crock Sandro and the terribly average Mutch for 16 million for Christ's sake!
    The thinking at home is to play 4-4-2 to suit Charlie Austin, which is fine. BUT, if that is the case, then Redknapp should pick the TEAM for that system and not try to force players into positions that they can't play.
    Vargas was awful today, giving the ball away time after time. But as my lad pointed out, he is a striker. Stick Austin out there and see how he performs!
    Fer is about as much a left mid/wing as Rob Green is!
    He was poor today too, but he's being played out of position.

For ****'s sake Harry, pick the right team, not individuals out of position.

If we're going to continue with 4-4-2 then the only solution would be to play Ned at right back and push Isla up to right mid. Play either Traore or Hoilett on the left and keep them there.
    The way we're set up now, we have very little pace to break against teams with. Fer is one paced and very lazy. Vargas isn't a winger. Those two positions are vital in 4-4-2 and the two wide men have to work up and down tirelessly. Either change the system (I would) or play the right players in the right positions you Neanderthal!

Today I thought we were pretty awful, forever giving the ball back to Utd and never really threatening apart from a couple of very good long range efforts from Charlie in the first half.
    2nd half, they made tactical changes which took the game away from us, while Redknapp sat on his hands until he had to make a change after we went behind.
    Then what does dino chops say after the game? We need a forward!! For ****'s sake!! We've just got Zarate you half wit. Why not throw him on when we need a goal? Or is this yet another poor signing from a coach who is sadly well past his sell by date? He also said in the same post match interview that he isn't bothered in the slightest about the rumours that he's for the chop. He'll go home and take his wife out for a meal and not have a care in the World he said.
    He doesn't give a toss about us and I'm sick of him!! Van Gaal showed him just what tactics are about today.

Player ratings and comments:

Green - 7 - Made some excellent saves. Left exposed for both goals.
    Isla - 6 - One of the few who tried to get forward and wasn't played in anything like often enough.
    Dunne - 6 - Was doing a good job on Falcao till he went off at half time, presumably injured.
    Onuoha - 6 - Got better as the game went on.
    Hill - 5 - Does his best.
    Vargas - 5 - Poor......but played out of position.
    Barton - 6 - Made some good tackles and worked hard.
    Henry - 6 - Again did a good job in the centre.
    Fer - 4 - As poor as Vargas, but he is just so lazy!! But again, he's being played out of position by old dino.
    Zamora - 6 - Was always a handful till he tired.
    Austin - 5 - Two good long range efforts in the first half, but his all round game wasn't too great and his lack of pace really hurts us when we need to break out. That's why we need quick natural wide men to help him.

Subs:
    Caulker - 5 - Did ok but still looks shaky.
    Kranjcar - 5 - A couple of nice passes out wide and at least he was able to do that.
    Taarabt - 6 - Clearly not fit, but I didn't think he looked as fat as was suggested on the thread on the subject. We immediately kept the ball better when he came on and he played two or three lovely passes.

In my opinion, Harry has lost his mojo completely. His tactics are all wrong and he is a throw back to out-dated thinking along with his two side-kicks Jordan and Bond.
    Also, he doesn't appear to give a **** about us and I am absolutely convinced that he will take us down!

Uber_Hoop, QPRNUTS, Hoop-Leif and 2 others like this.
  2. Ranger

Ranger Active Member

Henry was great ... MOTM....... And a free transfer from a lower club to boot!

Uber_Hoop and Jimbo ranger like this.
  3. rangercol

Can't disagree with that. He's been excellent all season.

4. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we've been doing this for years with probably only half the team being played in their most suited position so not a great surprise that players aren't really performing.

5. rangercol

But who's job is it to pick them in their correct positions.

6. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Yes, Henry MOM for me too, which is a sad indictment of the rest of them. Redknapp has been taking us down since day one.

7. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

Agreed, although it also comes down to transfer policy which has been a disaster for sometime & not sure who's dictating that.

With our current players I'd have to line up differently but they really aren't suited to an obvious formation.

8. CamchatkaFC

CamchatkaFC Member

I think this is a bit harsh. I watched Fer and I thought he wasn't playing half bad. I do agree that he's out of position and largely with your assessment. It's absolutely painful to watch and listen to Harry's post-game press conference (heck, pre-game one, too) as he's always throwing up his hands and saying "what more can be done?". Well, playing players to their strengths is one of those things.

9. rangercol

I actually rate Fer as a player, but if people think Taarabt is a luxury player, Fer is absolutely one. He should never play out wide and never in the same side as Taarabt or Kranjcar.
    Fer is unfortunately extremely lazy.

10. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Disagree entirely with view on Vargas. I thought he was a breath of fresh air, at least he had a go and has some urgency about his play.

11. rangercol

Fair enough.

I thought he gave the ball away more than any other player. But he's being played out of position. He looks very good for Chile.
    He also wasted a huge chance when we broke away towards the end.

12. TWGWTDT

TWGWTDT Well-Known Member

I think we will have enough when it gets tougher Col

Henry has to play of course
    Taarabt has to play he is key if we keep him we just need veracity
    Austin is well just getting better
    Barton did well today
    Ned did well

We have enough
    I am far more up beat
    Harold to stay and finish the job
    We won't make it if we change a manager now

There are six sides a lot worse than us

13. Hoop-Leif

Hoop-Leif Well-Known Member

No, there really aren't

14. Stroller

I thought Vargas was one of our better players, after Henry and Barton.

What did you make of Rooney today Col?

15. QPRNUTS

QPRNUTS Well-Known Member

Col
    I agree with pretty much every word and I've been saying this since day 1.
    Our squad is unbalanced. Harry consistently picks players he bought out of position. We have no wingers and therefore no pace. Austin and Zamora will only work as a front two with the proper service from outside. I'd give my left nut for a Lennon/Townsend type player.
    We're a shambles of a club at the moment. Harry will take us down.

rangercol likes this.
  16. Jimbo ranger

Jimbo ranger Active Member

fer is an attacking central mid , played out of position week in week out

17. rangercol

I thought Rooney was too busy trying to influence the referee mate. He linked up the play well enough, but it wasn't one of his better games. I actually prefer him further forward. He played a few excellent passes.
    However, like the entire Utd team, I felt that he had about 4 more gears to move up to if required.

I thought Vargas gave the ball away almost every time he had it.
    He looks very frustrated and that's not surprising as he is out of position.

18. Stroller

I agree with you on Rooney and the referee. I would have him booked as soon as starts that bollocks, and send him off if he continues.

He did make some excellent passes, but he gave the ball away a lot too. A bit like our Joey in earlier games.

19. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

.........Have you been drinking?
    We were dire today too. Looking likely that we will take up 2 of the 3 relegation spots come the end of the season

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  20. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Can't believe how many United fans in Rangers sections when they scored. Ridiculous and shameful