1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic R.I.P. FILEYseadog,

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by FILEYseadog, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I'd like to give up a fond memory of Graeme for those that never new him,those that did know him would admit that He had a 'mischievous' side.

He and I would meet up for games,mostly at the K.C but sometimes further afield...Graeme,when well,would travel a!most anywhere following the Tigers and some years ago started taking his 2 nieces.

We'd get tickets to sit beside each other in E1 or E2 and would sit and yap through a game,Graeme(and his camera) would sit and record the memories,he took Some beautiful pics.

Some years ago I was struggling to get tickets for the Wembley play off game v Sheff Weds,Graeme helped me out in securing a couple.We arranged to meet at Wembley so I could square him up.Time,place etc were sorted in advance but when me and my lad got there we couldn't find him?

After 10 minutes or so he was 'spotted'....queuing up at a Sheff WedsTurnstile?You may remember that prior to the match Sheff Weds fans were buying up tickets in our 'end'?Graeme had decided that,for a laugh,he'd go in their end and told their fans in the queue that was exactly what he was doing!!It was light hearted banter,nothing more,but the sight of Graeme,his City top,his Levis,his cherry red D'Ms,is a picture I'll keep in my head till I depart this mortal coil.

Sadly,Graeme and I fell out a couple of years ago(politics,my fault) and I'm just gutted that I/we never got it sorted!! I was worried about him with this Covid and was so relieved when he posted in the midst of it,he 'Liked' one of my posts a couple of weeks back so I guess we still respected each other.
    He was a lovely man and I'll regret not squaring things for as long as I live...God bless Graeme.

2. larko

larko Active Member

I see in Graeme's profile on Facebook for work and education he lists being a football hooligan and being a patient at Rampton secure hospital, what a guy.

3. amberman8

amberman8 Well-Known Member

Only knew him through this site but still will miss his posts..RIP pal

Kempton likes this.
  4. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

I received a message from Scarbs’ friend Mary this morning. Posted, in part, below.

Scarbs’ wished for a quiet funeral with no service & donations in his name made to The Macmillan Unit at Scarborough Hospital via the York Teaching Hospital Charity. I’ll look into the best way we could possibly make a Group Donation in his name that is agreeable with Mary’s plans & is OK with all on here?

Mary asked if on the day of his funeral we could have a toast & play some Bob Marley songs.

The funeral has now been confirmed for this Friday, 31st July, giving us the chance to raise a glass to a kind, gentle man whose company was cherished by all that read his posts & met him. I think it’s fair to say he’s touched & left a positive imprint on all our hearts. A FNMT for Graeme, over to you @RonBurguvdy.

I’ll miss you pal.

cheers
    SCB

“Every Day is a Good Day.”

“Dear Ben, I have been reading all the messages on not606 rip graeme...I am so so proud how yourself and others are speaking about Graeme .I would love to show his family and friends here... is there anyway you could print it off maybe ..for me ..thank you ...Graeme isn't having a traditional funeral he will be creamated date to be arranged with no service this was Graeme s wish when I know the date I will let you know if his friends could maybe could toast and play some Bob Marley on that day it would be brilliant all donations will be to Macmillan unit scarborough hospital (York teaching hospital charity chemo-theraphy)
    who helped Graeme so much over the years ...Graeme is wearing his scarborough and Hull city scarves plus footy shirts. ...he looked at peace ..thank you x”

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

What time is it Ben? Most appropriate Marley song?

6. Sir Cheshire Ben

Not confirmed yet Chazz. I’ll update when I know.

3 Little Birds was his favourite, I believe.

7. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Perfect

dennisboothstash likes this.
  8. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

If there were a lot more folk in this world like Graeme, the world would be a much better place.

Amin Yapusi, FER ARK, Kempton and 4 others like this.
  9. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Sadly I never knew him, apart from following his posts on here but I get the impression he might have been a bit of a bugger in his youth! In the nicest possible way of course :emoticon-0100-smile

10. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

I don’t get home until 7, so hopefully not before then. It is what it is though, I’ll be raising a glass to him anyway <peacedove>

11. Dr. Stanley

Dr. Stanley Well-Known Member

I've deleted what was a duplicate of Ben's earlier post.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  12. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

Myself and Dennis are playing golf on Friday morning. It has been arranged for a while, and seems quite fitting as inaugural and fully committed members of the Fileyseadog Scarborough trip. So we'll certainly be holding a toast to Graeme at the 19th hole and sharing his memory with our golfing partner. I'll mainly be listening to Bob Marley on Friday (and I am hoping for three little birdies).
    Mrs A and I had a day trip to Scarborough yesterday. Seadog wasn't too far away from my thoughts while there.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
  13. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Group donation is a great idea Ben.
    I only knew him much more briefly than you, but he was, as you say, a kind and gentle man. I’m rarely on Facebook, but when I did you could guarantee he’d be there with an uplifting message, regardless of his own troubles.
    I’ll try and remember those messages when things aren’t going how I’d like.
    I’ll be toasting him on Friday.
    EDIAGD

14. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...&sc=8-5&cvid=9f17a1c2633642ed8255fd4e307b89f3

dennisboothstash likes this.
  15. larko

larko Active Member

To be quite honest if I was asked I could not name a Bob Marley song, but may I suggest that Fridays music thread is solely made up of Bob Marley Recordings in Graeme's honour.

Ron Burguvdy and askewshair like this.
  16. King Curtis

King Curtis Well-Known Member

RIP Filey. He came across as a lovely bloke from his upbeat posts on the forum. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends <rose>

Newland Tiger likes this.
  17. Ron Burguvdy

Ron Burguvdy Well-Known Member

Having had a good look at his Facebook page and his lock down tracks, I would suggest Bob Marley / Reggae and Ska etc

18. Sir Cheshire Ben

Graeme had indicated that he would like donations made to the York Teaching Hospital Charity, this includes The Macmillan Unit at Scarborough Hospital.

I'm happy to collect any donations you would like to make & forward them to Mary as a combined donation from the Not606 Hull City Community. If you'd like to contribute could you PM me & I will return my Paypal details. I'll forward all donations to Mary next Friday along with the tributes posted on this thread.

Thanks to DMD, DBT & others for their advice & help in setting up a process that's workable.

Cheers
    Ben

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

PM sent. <ok>

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  20. Howden Tigress

Howden Tigress Well-Known Member

Thanks SCB for organising.

Certainly puts football into perspective. Graeme will never know how many people he touched with his positive influences, not literally obvs, or what a positive impact he had on fellow strugglers. Hope his family take great comfort from this thread. RIP Filey.