1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic R.I.P. FILEYseadog,

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by FILEYseadog, Sep 13, 2017.

1. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

RIP FILEYseadog, a very positive poster on here, bless you.

Howden Tigress and Kempton like this.
  2. THE EXCLUSIVE 10%

THE EXCLUSIVE 10% Well-Known Member

Really sad to to hear. I lived in Scarborough for 10 years and always read his updates on the Scarborough games with great interest. Loved his positivity and as someone else has said, we have lost one of our own. Rest in peace.

3. TreeHugger

TreeHugger Well-Known Member

Very sad news.

He was always so positive and upbeat.

I remember him posting me a very generous cash donation when I was raising money for a friend to have cancer treatment.

He also sent a nice supportive message when I posted about my issues on the mental health thread.

His little Romanian rescue was so cute too.

RIP to a good man.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
  4. Help!

Help! Well-Known Member

RIP Graeme,

I never met you in real life, but your overwhelming positivity was a blessing to this board. You regularly reminded us that this daft game that we follow isn’t what really matters, but the community and companionship it creates amongst us all, man, woman and child.

This board is a smaller place today, but far better for having had you in it.

5. FLG

FLG Well-Known Member

Every day's a good day, except today, but there is always tomorrow.
    RIP son.

6. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Such sad news! Think we’d agree in saying he was such a well-liked member of our group and will be sorely missed.

RIP Filey.

“Every day’s a good day.”

7. Cornelian

Cornelian Member

RIP...shared a few conversations on the bus from Filey

Kempton likes this.
  8. look_back_in_amber

look_back_in_amber Well-Known Member

Omg, I’ve only just seen this. RIP Filey, once a Tiger, always a Tiger, we’ll all miss you mate :emoticon-0106-cryin <rose><rose><rose><peacedove>

9. look_back_in_amber

This post should be pinned (is it possible mods?) as a memorial to one of the kindest and most selfless people that I’ve ever had the pleasure to communicate with. I’m just truly sorry that I never made it to the Scarborough game to meet up with him.

10. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

RIP Filey. Didn't know you but you always posted uplifting stuff. Hope your dog is well taken care of, I know you'd want that.

petersaxton and Kempton like this.

11. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Think I’ve managed to copy the original post to become the first post of this thread.

HebridesTiger and Kempton like this.
  12. look_back_in_amber

Would it be a pain to pin it Cortez? In his memory, I’d really like him to be remembered, I truly think he deserves that.

13. Der Alte

Der Alte Well-Known Member

Like just about everyone else on this site I always took note of Filey's comments - always good humoured, balanced and sensible. A good and kind man - he will be sadly missed.

14. look_back_in_amber

I’ll NEVER forgive or forget that one of the very worst things, amongst many, that the Allam’s did was make it totally unaffordable for Filey and his local friends to get to the KC after they did away with concessions for seniors and kids. If I remember rightly many had to drop out because of this, and in turn there weren’t enough people left to club together for the bus into Hull.

There are not very many people that I can truly say that I hate during my sixty years on this planet, but they definitely fall into that category. I’ve not spent a penny on anything City/Allam related for years now, and as much as I still love the club, and obviously always will, that will continue until they have gone for good.

**** off Allam’s!

15. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Pin the thread? Don’t think you can pin just one post.

I’ll have to speak to the other mods and see what’s what.

16. look_back_in_amber

Larko’s post was a fantastic tribute to kind and selfless bloke, but yes, pin the thread please if it’s possible Cortez, Graeme deserves it, he should never be forgotten.

Evington and Kempton like this.
  17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Rest easy bud, this thread alone, never mind what is bound to be elsewhere shows you gave a lot of yourself to others, and you've certainly left people feeling better having met a true character like you, either in person or on-line.

<peacedove>

18. FER ARK

FER ARK Well-Known Member

RIP Filey, had the pleasure of meeting this fine gentleman on Dennis tours. Lovely unassuming man, great day out, great company and 5 goals for Scarborough to boot! Gutted <peacedove> <rose>

19. askewshair

askewshair Well-Known Member

I've just seen this. Really gutted.
    I only half read the title of this thread and assumed it was Seadog trying to cheer us up about our relegation.
    I enjoyed Dennis's inaugural Scarborough tour in 2018 (?). Well over a dozen turned out despite it's postponement due to rail strikes. He was so chuffed we made the effort. I was priveged to spend almost half an hour in his individual company before the game. What an amazing man. He was very poorly then,but so much charisma. I was quizzing him about his Monte Carlo cafe days, He was playing it down, but whenever I mentioned any name, he told me a story about them! After that meeting, I pm'd him a few times since.
    We had planned another Scarborough trip earlier this year to meet him. Didn't take place due lockdown (only just I think).

Absolutely gutted, a true gent. And yes, he seemed to have a significant presence at Scarborough, so it would be great to arrange an annual trip around that.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  20. Is Vic there?

Is Vic there? Top Tipster

A selfless fella who really appreciated the little things in life, as we all should do.

RIP Seadog Graeme.

HebridesTiger and Kempton like this.