1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Middlesbrough

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Dec 12, 2018.

1. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Played very well today & score I thought flattered boro, all played for each other & should’ve scored more on breakaways, furlong played well on his first game back, engoyed it in the rain & getting soaked on way home but worth it.

2. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Heard Pulis is blaming the referee for their defeat! That knob ref gave us fcuk all for most of game, why can’t he come out & say they was beaten by a better team & they was!

3. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

I had us down for a win, then changed it to a 'loss' when l read how Borough had won their last six away games....... and we won, great stuff!
    Humble pie isn't so bad when our team wins.

4. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Well that went well.

We only conceded in the minutes after Lynch went off and were down to 10. We hadn't got sub on and we were 3 at the back.
    Even then Furlong seemed to slip as blocking a shot...and it fell to their expensive CF Saville to volley it in.

Wszolek was outstanding again until he faded right at end. Furlong was very solid first at right back and then at CB, making one points saving block at the end.

I think the defence played well, as did Luongo and especiallyCousins did very well. Cousins first as DCM and then RB.

Of the forwards, both Eze and Freeman have had better days, but were always a threat.Pav and Wells played very well.

Overall a very good performance. Well thought out tactics (well done Steevee). Our corners were always thoughtful against the biggest team in the league.
    A very clever and contained performance.

After the match I learnt that Baptiste and Hall are both injured AGAIN..with Hemed, Cameron and Rangel out long-term, we are now down to barebones. Let's hope it is a dead leg for Lynch, and not smoke and mirrors, otherwise we will have a very light weight defence for Forest next week.

But one week at a time
    3 great points. Let's celebrate.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

5. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

I never ran much when I played proper football

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

A fantastic win against a horrible, complaining, huge, hoof ball side, moulded completely in the image of their twat coach Pulis.
    So nice to send them all the way back home with zero points.
    It was never going to be a free flowing game against such opponents and Eze must have had neck ache from watching the ball sail back and forth over his head!
    Not a game or conditions for him, but he still showed some lovely touches.
    The defence stoof firm under the bombardment coming down out of the rainy skies and Lumley really had very little to do.
    Furlong did well defensively and is fantastic in the air. However, I think he's fairly limited on the ball and believe his best position is CB, as he did very well there after his mistake for their goal. At RB he continually gave the ball away.
    Lynch was solid before taking his annual Xmas break, along with the skipper.
    Bidwell was solid and put in a great cross for our first goal.
    Luongo worked hard, but he is very limited creatively. I thought Cousins did ok but I really don't rate him.
    Eze had a quiet game for the reasons given earlier, but I thought Freeman did well at times, especially for the first goal.
    Pavel was fantastic and never stopped galloping up and down the right, but for me, Wells was MOTM. He never stopped working and so deserved the winning goal.
    All in all a fantastic 3 points against a tough side to beat. Let's hope some of the injuries sort themselves out quickly. We didn't have a defender on the bench today!!
    Lovely to watch us win with my two lads and meeting up with Beth, Roller, Tel and RTID.

7. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Just got in after a very nice drink.

A good win against a surprisingly poor 'Boro side. They're horrible to watch, but not quite nasty enough to actually carry the thing off. It was all rather comfortable really, with Lumley not called upon to do anything much other than to pick the ball out of his net shortly after half-time. I can't recall him making a save.

Our early goal was a godsend of course, allowing us to do what we do best - get everyone behind the ball and play on the counter. Leistner was excellent, as was Wells, but Furlong was MOM for me.

8. rangercol

Do you base Furlong being MOTM purely on his defensive headers (Which were excellent)?
    Because he gave the ball away virtually every time he had it at his feet and was also to blame for their goal.
    Much, much prefer him at CB.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  9. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Wells my MOM with Pawel, Freeman, Leischner and Lynch not far behind.

rangercol likes this.
  10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Have to admit I didn't realise that it was Furlong that gave it away for their goal, but I did think he played very well apart from that incident. To say that he gave it away 'virtually every time' isn't accurate, I don't think. Still, I'll switch my award to Wells on account of Furlong's error for the goal (I'm sure he'll be devastated). Wells was excellent and gives us so much more than Hemed would up top.

11. rangercol

Wasn't having a go. We all see it differently. We thought Furlong just played the ball forward blindly. However, defensively he was excellent and he's great in the air.

DT’s Socks likes this.
  12. cor blymie

cor blymie Well-Known Member

played very well, don't like the way we give so much respect to the opposition and let them come on at us. Eze was a delight to watch:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp:emoticon-0137-clapp

13. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

I am taking stock of our overall team performances which again I could not see ever getting to where they are now especially after the WB

I had zero faith in Oxbow
    I was again totally wrong and credit to him

Not sure we should go down the same old road of picking out players for criticism ... bidwell etc

Time to start changing the culture imo

Fact was yesterday we matched a team that will be challenging at the top. Better still we won and have 31 points and the next challenge to me would be to break the Forest voodoo finally before smashing Ipswich and The ****ers at home

Do that and we could start 19 seriously in the mix

14. QPAAAAAGH

QPAAAAAGH Well-Known Member

Strangely enough I think we got lucky with the inevitable Lynch Christmas injury. Yes they scored while the bench dithered about the sub and Furlong made a big mistake while still trying to work out where he was playing. But the enforced change saw Scowen come on in a game he really should have started and his tireless chasing put Boro on the back foot when they should have been looking for a winner. Luongo was predictably off the pace in the rain and we only had flashes of Eze magic but Scowen was exactly the right choice for the conditions.

Wszolek was first rate again and would normally by MOTM were it not for another immense performance by the BFG. It was also one of Wells' best showings for us and he took his goal really well. Not so sure about Furlong as others seem to be as he made a number of mistakes and isn't anywhere near tall enough as a stand in CD. Freeman drifted in and out of the game but was still by far the best of our midfield trio until Scowen's appearance.

Impossible for any long term conclusions in such awful conditions but I'm pretty sure we were trying to time waste after only 15 minutes of the first half. What was that about?

15. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Enjoyed the game. It's been a while since I felt confidence in any striker we had. Probably not since Charlie. But I'm getting it back with Wells. Industrious performance with flair. My MOTM.

16. stanleyparkerbowles

stanleyparkerbowles Well-Known Member

Given it was Furlongs first game in ages , he's young and probably prefers right back I thought he did very well

NorwayRanger, Stroller and QPR Oslo like this.
  17. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

18. rangercol

QPR999 likes this.
  19. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

I fully respect the track record of Pulis but concede his brand isn’t the football I like

Successful Manager

Anyone see the difference re the Saints and the high press?

20. Parishoops

Parishoops Active Member

So I ended up taking my Dad, my 25 yo daughter and her boyfriend, chose the wrong day to go for uncovered seats!

It was only my second live game attended (saw Reading away) and see most of the rest on QPR+ from Paris

Being really close to the action at LR I was able to appreciate the fantastic defensive work and shape especially first half. Was this on a par with our better performaces this season or better ? In any case I was very impressed. Worried that our failure to convert good chances would coat us but they had one shot on target! Loved hearings Pulshite moaning all the time!