1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR vs Derby

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Oct 4, 2018.

1. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Having seen the brief highlights, Eze clearly dived to win the free kick that led to our equaliser.
    I really wish he'd stop doing that, as pleased as I am that we equalised.
    Good to hear Lampard say loftus road is a hard place to go.

2. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't think it was a foul on Eze. My son said that Lampard had suggested that they got a raw deal from the ref throughout. It was the opposite if anything..

UTRs likes this.
  3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Absolutely. Very poor ref.

4. DT’s Socks

DT’s Socks Well-Known Member

Well if the play offs took place in October
    Agree this league will be madness right until the end I am sticking with Boro to win it

5. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Totally agree, just saw the highlights as well. Eze is the type of player who is always going to draw fouls but if he's going to blatantly cheat he's going to see decisions go against him. Also I just don't want to see it from our players.

6. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Agreed.
    He's still young and someone needs to have a word with him.
    Maybe when he joins up with England U20s someone there could have a word.

Frome-Ranger likes this.
  7. mkranger71.2

mkranger71.2 Active Member

Enjoyed today, 2nd half in particular, the time went really quick which is a change when watching us!
    Wells is due a goal and when it comes he will go on to get a hat full, He works hard and makes space when the ball comes into him. Unlucky with the shot that hit the cross bar and but definitely should have done better when 1 on 1 just couldn’t get it out from under himself.
    What was that muppet of a pitch invader on!!

8. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

The nice thing about this result is not 1 single DCFC in law up here in Derby has messaged or took the proverbial on Facebook since all the abuse over the week about how many they was gonna stuff us by, this generally means they are relieved to escape with something from the game and will now remain silent till we come up here.
    All is well as I head off to Turkey for a well earned 2 week break in Kusadasi at the daughters villa.

9. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Absolutely very early on ...I asked those around me what the opposite of a homer referee was ..He was such an awayer. I was expecting a penalty against us ....the team were organised not to give him an opportunity, as he would have given one.

Some of the free kicks were ridiculous, a good half the ones against us were Derby fouls...and the offside they gave around 60 minutes, during a period when we on top, when there was no R player in their half...was unbelievable.

The ref definitely have us nothing except that Eze free kick, which I dusagree I don't think he dived he was nudged when off balance and went down...not a dive or a foul.... But Derby had had a few of those earlier too.
    Useless referee

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  10. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Reg Varney?

Uber_Hoop, igor60 and rangercol like this.

11. Rangers Til I Die

Watched our goal again just now and I'd like to give Wells more credit.

The ball is out at a very tight angle and he has two men on him. He has the presence of mind to know that he must cut back and find a gap between the two opposition players which he does with aplomb.

A real joy to watch. Love his work rate and I really hope gets the many goals he deserves very soon.

rangercol and QPR Oslo like this.
  12. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

Like most people on here agree it was a really good game and a fair result. Cameron MOM. Cousins seems to be scared of going forward sometimes. When Bidwell was down and coming off I didn't see any subs warming up, perhaps because they didn't want to get wet. When Eze comes back to defend for free kicks and corners he just stands in a open space marking no one. Anyway we are moving in the right direction, hopefully.

13. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

14. Rangers Til I Die

15. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Was away from Board all week end so this thread has been a pleasant read. Seems as if we played quiet well and were well worthy of a point, I'd have taken that before kick off.......

Not sure why Leinster allowed the ball to drop over his head for their goal but looks as if received a shout from someone to leave it, Lynch maybe?

From the very brief highlights Wells looks a good player and just needs a bit of luck to score then I believe he'll get a bucket load, Lumley looks like he's improving every game making a couple of very good saves, Shame about Bidwell's injury but sounds as if Cousins playing at RB with Angel swapping to the left wouldn't be the worst thing to happen especially if that allows Pawel to play on the right.....

After the misery of the Norwich and Swansea games and the calling for McClarens head, yes i was amongst them, maybe he's realised the error of his ways and has set about changing things to a formation and selection that works.......

16. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

17. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Having finally watched the whole game I was impressed by Luongo who never stopped running yet was still playing some lovely through balls into space for Wells or others to run onto at the end of the 95 minutes. Thought Cameron looked a big upgrade on Scowen too Saturday, not just winning the ball but making decent forward passes as well, one great one to Wells who would have been in another good scoring position if his control hadn't let him down. Cameron's physical presence made us seem more solid too, and he scored! Good to see Pawel have 60 minutes and a decent game, will probably improve if he's given more games. Lumley did well, and the more games he plays the more assured he looks, particularly his distribution. The injuries to Bidwell and Cousins look worrying though as we have no obvious choice at LB, or RB if Rangel is played at LB - being right footed Rangel looked less effective there.

Shawswood likes this.
  18. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

This has nothing to do with Saturday's game but didn't know where to put it without creating a new thread. On ITV 4 tonight at 10pm there's a quiz show called 'Football Genius.' Paul Sinha from 'The Chase' is the manager of the QPR fans who are taking on Greenock Morton. It's hosted by Tim Vine.

19. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Well, that was embarrassing! I'll not be able to show my face around town now that Morton have beaten us <laugh><laugh><laugh>

kiwiqpr likes this.
  20. Tramore Ranger

Forum Moderator

Watched 10 minutes of it and thought " that's 10 minutes of my life I won't get back"....What a load of garbage....

Steelmonkey likes this.