1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread QPR v Fulham

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Sep 29, 2017.

1. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Right in still in the pub and have to walk home...night all.

Up the R's.

UTRs likes this.
  2. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I thought that Robinson was excellent tonight - just need him to stay fit!

NorwayRanger and Stroller like this.
  3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

We just ain't good enough, can't fault effort, team spirit but no class, Fulham were better all over the park, more class and better footballers. Prefer watching us try than those useless cnuts of a couple years ago.

qpr1976, Sudbury Hoop, ELLERS and 3 others like this.
  4. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

2 nil would have flattered Fulham. They were possibly marginally better but only slightly.
    Heads did not drop at 2 nil and Olly made a tactical sub that worked!
    So very very nearly and in other games we will do it.
    Tony and Co need to either find another Charlie in the rough or splash the cash and buy one.
    Although we lost we were entertained at least.
    Sorry FT but your team cheats a lot but then maybe all teams do.
    As others have said we have a team with grit and determination but that must translate into wins in due course either this season or the next.

daverangers and UTRs like this.
  5. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Fulham great on the ball with super cool composure however I maintain we have grit
    Still maintain we will be up there Because I can feel the hurt the team has yes we are not the best across all areas but very proud our team is growing

6. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Agree we just need a striker maybe in Jan but you never know our front player could come good
    They certainly are now in debt
    Let’s hope the hunger still burns

7. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

We need a couple of defenders that can defend and also have a bit of pace, we are woeful at the back and continue to play like strangers. Lynch just isn't Championship quality and Bidwell isn't much better. That and a proper goal poacher and we'd be competitive. As it is we have to hope we can muster enough points particularly at home or it's gonna be a long and depressing season...

SW Ranger likes this.
  8. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

Ojo is a cheat and can't stand him, my heart rate went from 40 to 160 in injury time, again we were not impressive, but sneaked it, I knew we would concede late, must relieved rangers were not clinical

NorwayRanger and ELLERS like this.
  9. Rangers Til I Die

Honest of you as ever.
    At least it was exciting and we managed to silence your crowd for the last 8 or so minutes.
    We all move on though some happier than others.

fulham traveller likes this.
  10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Robinson was magnificent tonight. Playing in the middle of the three, he was constantly called upon to cover for the deficiencies of the other two and wound up more like a sweeper. On tonight's performance, he's not an auxiliary CB - he's our best CB. Superb from start to finish and MOTM by a street.

11. fulham traveller

Not a pen either. I was right behind it, he lost control got crowded out, and fell over, but we just don't score pens

12. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Ojo represents all that is bad about modern day football.

I wished that we could play like the Fulham footballers. When they broke it was a complete transitional experience to how we tried to do it. ( Slow and pedantic. )

The season for QPR will be thus ... Win one, draw one, lose two. That's what it is, and finish 14th to 18th. No wins in five mind, Holloway is behind JFH at the same point wise after 11 games last season . The football is better to watch though. I think ...

13. Rangers Til I Die

No question that the football is better to watch. My reflection after last night is that this is a team for next season or the one after. The trouble is that our expectation has been raised by the better football. We are not there yet.

NorwayRanger likes this.
  14. SW Ranger

SW Ranger Well-Known Member

Probably the best news of the night. The lad has had a hard time and it's great he is finally coming through and showing his class. It would be good to get Hall in the centre with him and see them become a unit in front of Smithies. It is then we need to sort out the full backs. If Furlong isn't good enough then Holloway needs to make a decision (for his and the clubs benefit). Then the scouts need to either find a replacement on the other side, or for both sides, to play the game we want to play and get them locked as a back four through this season ready for next season.
    Now that additional, aggressive, hard-working, paced, annoying, tenacious and accurate striker... where is he???

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  15. fulham traveller

Ojo is a disgrace, we Fulham fans think it's in his contract from Liverpool that he has to start, when kebano or others are better than him, he will never cut it at prem level. If I was a Rangers fan, I would thought draw fair result. Problem is 25 goal attempts 3 on target, clearly don't convert enough

16. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

We are still doing better than I expected. My concern is lack of a stable starting line up and what will happen to the excellent spirit and commitment if we don’t win the odd game soon. But at least no one can say this lot give up or don’t try.

17. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

We had a good go at the end, but didn't threaten much before that. I would have liked to have seen Washington on earlier alongside Smith or Sylla.
    Robinson was impressive again and was unfortunate with the deflection for the first goal.

18. 40 Years of Hurt

The difference to me right from the start was Foolham looked more confident.....in every way. Olly thinks there a good team. they think there a good team. Strangely they only had one more point than us before the game!!!! but you would have thought it was top v bottom before the game started.. I had to watch it on the box and maybe Im biased but didnt understand the comments at all saying Fulham should have won by more and Olly yet again giving our opponents praise......muppets on the TV, we had 25 shots to their 12 with 4 on target to their 2. Now stats are lies, lies and damn lies so all Im going to say is if they are so effing good how come they only had 2 on target!!!!!

Yes, they passed the ball well and quicker and more decisive but we had 3 golden opportunities to score in the first half by 3 of the best moves in the match........very poor, nervous finishing...Why?...(we are not exactly on our annual goal drought). Too me that is the only worrying thing and a pretty serious issue. However, after an excellent last 15 minutes we showed spirit, desire and should have equalised. The team has had some injury concerns which we have just got on with and everybody has played their part.

I like what Im seeing although we shouldnt have to score to get the atmosphere going and on the TV it seemed quiet in the ground until the last 15 mins.

Freeman is becoming an excellent player and more importantly a consistent excellent player!! which is also bringing out the best in a couple of others. When a fit Hall is back he will also add quality....

So all in all, Im not too despondent but Olly needs to go back to his weird ramblings as did not enjoy his post match....and we need to win and soon.....

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  19. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

Washington should have started - what do people see in Mackie?

Hoops Eternal likes this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

That’s a ****ing good question. I assume people like the egalitarian idea of a pub level player getting games in the championship.

Hoops Eternal likes this.