1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Preston vs QPR

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by daverangers, Apr 7, 2022.

1. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Warburton has totally lost it. He hasn't got a plan A, let alone plan B. We look amateur. We look like the worst team in the league at the moment.

deano58 likes this.
  2. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Wrong awjm...we don't look the worse team in the league...WE ARE

deano58, mcytiger, awjm and 1 other person like this.
  3. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Pen for us. Field pulled down.

Gray 2-1

4. QPR Oslo

YES!

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  5. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

Not that it means much but why did the ref not add additional time to the additional time when we a) were awarded a penalty (which takes time) and b) scored a goal, which adds 30 seconds.

6. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Another dismal defeat, when is this going to end?

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  7. deano58

deano58 Well-Known Member

Sadly a Predictable outcome.
    Now waiting for Warburtons post match excuses.Surely he must be shown the door now!!
    We need a new fresh manager to put some life into this Club..Warburtons past his sell by date ☹️

rangercol likes this.
  8. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Rangers staying up
    Staying up
    Rangers staying up
    Nanananananana

9. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

Mrs Turkish ( cousin of Ian Rush ) was impressed with Murphy Mahoney, also has now started referring to QPR as US !!!
    Mrs Turkish having now watched our last three games is of the opinion we are not a bad side but when you are down you get nothing, and I as a married man will not be arguing with a Celtic ( Welsh ) women, I will also like too see Warburton there next season because to be honest he has worked a miracle with what he has, and how many of us would have taken where we are now before the season began, remember we were amongst the favourites to be down the bottom fighting to avoid relegation, but many on here now think we should be heading for the playoffs and because it’s all gone wrong blame Warburton not taking into account we must be the first team in History to lose 4 keepers in 3 / 4 months, to lose our playmaker ( Willock ) and still be in top ten, I for one am disappointed but I’m a QPR fan and I remember the bad old days so I will take this season for what it is, we still have a club, we have players that can play and we are in reality currently a lightweight in a division of light heavyweight and heavyweight teams and are punching well above our current weight.
    I’m disappointed but I’m not angry, yes I’m upset but I’m optimistic I’m a glass half full guy, not a pessimistic half empty glass guy.
    Have a good evening people REMEMBER WE ARE QPR, we don’t do it easy <cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers><cheers>

10. Sutfol

Sutfol Well-Known Member

Take this team and form into next season and we’ll be relegation favourites.
    Very sad way to end the season and very much hope we’re drawing up a list of Warburton replacements.

11. QPR Oslo

Errh? He's changed the formation many times this season in various versions of 3 at the back, 3 5 2, 5 3 2, 3 4 1 2, 3 4 2 1 others too I probably forget. Today he changed to a back 4 - 4 4 2 with a midfield diamond. Today was Plan E at least. How many do you want?

I think he should have got Gray on earlier, at least by the time he took Amos off, and maybe Austin too, but then we dont know how fit they are. We had no finish again and their Keeper did well. As did our 20 year old.

Rodney likes this.
  12. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

We're so ****.

Hammersmith reborn and Uber_Hoop like this.
  13. devonqprboy

devonqprboy Well-Known Member

This season is turning into the exact opposite to last. Last season we were crap to January and even the dreaded R word was mentioned and suddenly we turned it around and finished in mid table. This season we were good until January, comfortably in the playoffs and even flirted with automatic promotion. However, the wheels have come completely off and heading to mid table again.

14. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Get your rose tinted glasses off Ossie.
    The bloke's been floundering for months.

Hammersmith reborn likes this.
  15. QPR Oslo

You are wrong. Again. My glasses and lenses are all perfectly clear, and I wear what I want.

16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

That reminded me, at times of a sunday league performance. Piss poor. Preston werent even good ffs. Like the gaffer and players, i too cant be arsed for the rest of the season. Was going to go to the huddersfield game but would rather give the money to charity.

17. Ranger4ever

Ranger4ever Well-Known Member

Wasn't able to follow the game, so just catching up. Depressing reading as usual, but it seems as if we had a go.

Just read the match report on BBC and am bemused by the following paragraph, please can someone enlighten me;

"After a cagey opening to the match, Rangers midfielder Bartosz Bialkowski burst through from midfield, only for Preston goalkeeper Daniel Iversen to react swiftly to deny his shot."

18. QPR Oslo

Might have been the Dozzell double chance he had.

Ranger4ever likes this.
  19. QPR Oslo

When your luck is out it really is out.

According to WLS Dickie is out of the rest of the season with a hamstring injury. Dieng likely to be. Hendrick and Wallace also have less serious hamstring Injuries. Barbet had a swollen knee. Westwood dropped out with a stomach bug. Warburton hopefull that Barbet and Wallace maybe back Friday.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2022
  20. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

In the context of how we have been playing that wasn't a bad performance. The confidence is shot to **** but we were snapping into tackles and at least trying to play forward and unlike recent games we did create chances. I don't think we should be too hard on the team for that, it wasn't like there was a lack of effort.

This slump has been bitterly disappointing but getting rid of Warbs with 5 games to go would presumanly be costly as well as pointless.

Rodney and QPR Oslo like this.