1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

Just seen some pictures on Facebook of the mountain of rubbish and litter left behind by environmentalist protesters, obviously they don't practice what they preach!

ImpSaint likes this.
  2. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

It would be helpful to a lot of people if one Tv network would set aside one night, get 2 Brexiteers and 2 Remainers of the highest calibre possible, and for them to have a debate using fact checked information, would work for the climate change debate as well.

3. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

And you would still have a Tory mp shouting down the others, blaming Corbyn for all the world’s woes, and more specifically the failure of Brexit, whilst the biased host let it all happen, whilst chipping in with a few comments to fan the flames.
    Now, if they could ONLY talk about the pros and cons of Remain and Leave, without mentioning political parties etc, without a host (especially not a BBC, fully paid up, card carrying Conservative supporting host) being involved, then maybe the people would get something to base an opinion on.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  4. San Tejón

I was reading, today, that in some parts of the country it is taking up to 16 months to be enrolled into an NHS dentist.
    In fact, some people are even attending A&E, with toothache, in the hope that the troublesome tooth will be pulled out.
    In the future, will we be judging the haves and the have nots, not by their wealth but by how many teeth they possess?

5. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

There isn't a climate change debate. The science is settled. It would be similar to getting politicians in to debate whether evolution by natural selection is true.

It's people saying there are two sides to climate change that has led to a total paralysis on the issue.

Vin

6. greensaint

greensaint Well-Known Member

I've not been able to get one for two years.
    I work in the NHS.

Archers Road likes this.
  7. San Tejón

That is shocking.

8. StJabbo

StJabbo Well-Known Member

That may be from another protest, there's been many similar used to discredit XR. Check the source and/or post verifiable pictures.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  9. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Apparently they were having a debate yesterday about what to do next and one option was to move away from Marble Arch but leave it cleaner than before they arrived. I’d be very surprised if they left any litter at all.

10. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

Same as the kid's protest the other week. Big piles of the discarded corrigated plastic placards and other rubbish.

11. ImpSaint

Move to Lincoln. Signed my kids up to a new one yesterday no problem. Doctor's appointments......now that is a lot more hit and miss.

greensaint likes this.
  12. benditlikeabanana

benditlikeabanana Well-Known Member

Yet there are hundreds of millions if not billions that have to believe in creationism, one person says climate change will kill us all, and another would say that scientists and politicians have been saying all glaciers will be gone by 2015.
    This is a huge problem and if it is to be solved then all have to be on board

13. StJabbo

StJabbo Well-Known Member

Post links real facts verifiable, I've seen nothing to back up any of your brexit nonsense and now this, no respect! You have children to inherit the **** that's left, be ashamed, I'm gone

14. woolstonian

woolstonian Well-Known Member

Nor me. £72 for a checkup at my private practice.

15. ImpSaint

Keep raving on. I am more green than most, as stated a million times. My energy use is below the majority of families in this country. My green credentials are second to almost nobody. Ne'er mind though kids chanting "Theresa May is a f***ing whore" is fine and leaving a crap load of their mess for the refuse to pick up (even if it is neatly piled up for the collectors) is fine.

Like Leslie Nielsen "OK folks, move along, nothing to see here."

Guido had pictures and videos. I suppose you think the messages on the placards were photoshopped on? These weren't the silly fakes of something in India that have been seen on facebook. But then you think Guido is a right wing liar that makes stuff up anyway......because you don't agree with it it must be lies. Hey ho.

It's a pity you have to go off your head on this when I am pretty much on message with the green argument. It ain't me that drives. It ain't me banging on about freedom to fly all over the place but hey. Take it out on me if you want. You have a long way to catch up to my green credentials.

I was even one of many that complained to the group that organised the Lincoln City group's displays (single use plastic squares to be held up.) In a nice way of course and the next display was done with recycled paper squares with groups to collect it afterwards as well.

My energy use is low and even using SO energy (all renewable sources - check them out) my bill for a 3 bed house with 3 kids is on course this year to be well under a grand.

https://www.so.energy/about

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  16. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Well that’s exactly the problem. The Petro-chemical lobby will never be on board as long as investors are getting rich. And that’s a very powerful lobby.

ImpSaint likes this.
  17. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Imps, the plastic squares are recyclable and they use less energy to produce than producing paper.

Just saying.

davecg69 likes this.
  18. ImpSaint

the plastic squares blow all over the place. They are used at the start of a game. They aren't recyclable when they are attempted to be collected 2 hours (lots of injury time at this level) after they have been released.

And yes they shouldn't be released but the irony here is there are a lot of kids at Lincoln games. Much more than most clubs.

I'm not sure they are recyclable either. They were described the "greenies" complaining as single use and are similar to carrier bag material............which we are not allowed to put in our recycle bins. I'm sure the greenies complaining would know the facts on this, surely?

As far as I know the council weighed in on the issue as well wanting the plastic not to be used. "Single use" was a term used by all. EDIT: Link below states the council put a stop to the plastic sheets displays.

Yes paper ones also blow all over the place but at least they are biodegradable.

https://forums.vitalfootball.co.uk/threads/617-display-fundraiser.86147/

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  19. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

When has Brexit been centrist when it is supported by the Hard Right and the Hard Left {Skinner, |Galloway}? The best oerson to negotiate Brexit? Ken Clarke or Peter Mandelson, or even Tony Blair. These are seasoned politicians and know what the best solution is.

20. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

There aren't any Brexiteers of the highest calibre as they come up with the recyled worn out message about negotiating wonderful trade deals, regaining control over our own borders {still won't stop drugs pouring into the country so that dismisses that point straight away} and having control over our own laws. Since when have the people ever had control over the law-making process, so that disproves the idea that it is about regaining sovereignty.

StJabbo likes this.