1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

That'd be a staged right.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  2. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

Jokes about politicians are ok on here but whatever you do don't poke fun at Starmer. Talk about precious.

Replace Starmer with Sunak and it would have been hilarious. There would have been no doubt it was an training exercise, nothing about how calling him Dishy Rishi was playground stuff and certainly no need to post an explanation in large letters that it had omitted to tell everyone what was really going on.

Negative Creep likes this.
  3. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

I don’t think anyone on here remotely likes Starmer? The issue was the ‘jokes’ weren’t funny? Or presented as jokes?

milton archer and ChilcoSaint like this.
  4. It's Only A Game

It's Only A Game Well-Known Member

I shouldn't have to explain this but calling Starmer Fat Keith wasn't the joke. The joke was pretending that Starmer was having a pleasant chat with a staff member and oblivious to a patient who was receiving CPR.
    A satirical joke like you would see on Have I Got News For You. Of course you know that, but your "particular bias" gives you the opportunity to spout the self righteous clap trap commonly heard from those hilarious left leaning comedians.

5. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

6. ......loading......

And that joke would work if it was obvious that it was a dummy. But it wasn’t without taking a closer look. That meant it came across as serious. If it had been obvious then that is a joke. Context required really.

What self-righteous claptrap? That pretending you don’t know his name and calling a man fat are childish? I don’t join in with any of the name-calling - even for Rishi Sunak. I have never even referred to Boris Johnson as Bojo or Bozo. Just childish and undermines any point you want to make.

7. Negative Creep

Negative Creep Well-Known Member

I completely agree.

I look forward to scrolling through your previous comments on here bringing people into line when they have constantly berated members of the Tory party, in the guise of Lols, whilst commenting on personal details, such as you have described above.

But the likelihood is you haven’t, which confirms the OP claims of party bias.
    Which is fine btw, just don’t get all bitchy when someone does it to the side you like.

It's Only A Game likes this.
  8. ......loading......

You guys are such ‘snowflakes’! :1980_boogie_down:

9. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I said this in here during the pandemic but I am convinced that the charges against Boris will prove to be extremely significant and the potential release of the Whatsapp messges will almost certainly reveal some other gaff that everyone was previously unaware of. I feel that he totally mismanaged the pandemic and the issue of breaching the lockdowns is going to prove to be the least of his worries. It would not surprise me in the least if he ends up in gaol. Any hope of a political comeback is never going to happen as politics will move on. Boris will be brought down and I do not think people will be satisfied if it does as little as rerail his political career. The tide has turned and I feel the public want blood and he will eventually get sent down. It would not surprise me in Rishi ends up feeding him to the lions as it will be good riddance to bad rubbish as far as the Conservatives are concerned.

StJabbo1 likes this.
  10. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

She admits going round? But it was against the rules of the time <doh>

11. saintrichie123

Keir Starmer said earlier this year that the Labour Party would have "zero tolerance" to "racism, or discrimination of any kind," under his leadership.

This is very difficult to square with the decision to reinstate Neil Coyle.

Schrodinger's Cat, StJabbo1 and Kaito like this.
  12. StJabbo1

Needs calling out on this one.

13. saintrichie123

Totally agree.

14. Kaito

Kaito Well-Known Member

Starmer is no different to any of the other power mad political class. They are all rotten to the core.

There are very few decent politicians left in the UK. Most have been hounded out by a new breed of nasty criminals and racists masquerading as politicians.

Welcome to Dystopia UK PLC.

All_Southampton_FC likes this.
  15. StJabbo1

16. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

17. ......loading......

Anti -vaxxers will get their own level of hell. Which is saying something coming from an atheist!

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  18. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

A few months ago:

Several large forest fires are now raging in my province, including a couple very near major population centres, at a time of year when we used to be drenched with rains. But climate change, which is definitely not happening, has made our spring and summer far more arid, and now our heavily-forested region is tinder. Increasing frequency of hurricanes means that there's far more dead wood on forest floors, too. Major forest fires used to be pretty rare here, with the exception of the height of summer. It's increasingly looking like they will be a regular fact of life.

It is so profoundly idiotic that we as a species have gotten here simply because we were unwilling to make productive changes that wouldn't have even been disruptive long-term, because we're so determined not to accept even the slightest inconvenience.

19. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

I remember a while ago people thought that “woke” was an innocent term or just a right wing conspiracy etc.

But there is a fantastic documentary called “What is a woman?” that explains the concept of wokeism.

it’s currently free to view on Twitter:

I think it sheds a whole new light on the whole woke culture and is worth a watch for anyone that has children. They are trying to push the same agenda across the pond and into Europe and it isn’t ok.

20. saintrichie123

Needs investigating, bad look for Labour if they don’t act.