1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

2. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

All those All standing in the leadership elections have been complicit with the lies, deceit and corruption that lies at the heart of the current incumbents regime.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2022
  3. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

4. milton archer

milton archer Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who, for coiffure reason only, propose Mr Fabricant for PM. Some light relief in the Archer household was gleaned by hysterically laughing at Bonkos ludicrous hair-styling. Fabricant would equal this merriment.....or have we simply had enough?

SaintMarv and ChilcoSaint like this.
  5. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Yeah, that's enough bad hair. Boris, Trump, Hitler, that'll do for now.

6. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

7. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

They can flock off.

8. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

9. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

10. - Doing The Lambert Walk

- Doing The Lambert Walk Well-Known Member

Seemingly an assassination attempt on former Japanese PM (2012-2020), Shinzo Abe.

11. - Doing The Lambert Walk

12. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

And it may be more than just an attempt; taken to hospital with no vital signs.

13. Ian Thumwood

Ian Thumwood Well-Known Member

I believe that it was revealed that Zadawi's business had been investigated by anti-corruption police amongst the flurry of media interest albeit nothing untoward was found. All of these politicians are millionaires and their multitude of business interests does make them all unfit for publici nterest insofar that they are in positions within government where they can further their own interests. I understand why the constitution allows for the incumbant party to appoint a new Prime Minster but I think there are some serious arguments are to why we need a general election.

1. Most of the ministers had resigned before Boris was pushed means that there is effectively no government to reconvene.

2. There is an impasse in our relations with EU and I think people have had two years to appreciate that Brexit does not work. I would like to see a moritorium issues such as the Northern Ireland protocol and use a general election as a vehicle to re-appraise the kind of relationship we want with Europe. I would suggest this could incude an option to re-join.

3. I think Scotland must have the chance to goernment itself. In the current circumstances, they have been tucked up by the English over Brexit An election should be allowed for the Scottish to decide if rhey want to remain in a UK that is outside of the EU.

4. It has long been apparent that Boris was unfit for public office yet the names being suggested as potential Tory leadrs all backed Boris . There is a massive lack of judgement which is highly indicative that none of the names on offer should be foisted on the public. A new brush needs to sweep this party clean of any politician associated with this government and the British piublic whould be allowed to pass judgemennt upon them.

5. All Tory ministers involved in the Covid crisis need to be vetted during an enquiry to see whether they worked ethically and had what monies changed hands. Effectively, anyone who held public offic during this period cannot be deemed trustworthy in light of the fact that they stuck with a PM they acknowledge to have lacked the necessary moral fibre to hold office. In criticising Boris, they are also making judgement upon themselves. If Boris was no good enough, neither were they. They cannot be allowed to stand as MPs if an enquiry finds they have misbehaved. As a huge question mark rests above their heads, they cannot be allowed to be shoe-horned back in to government.

5. Prior to a general election, I would like to see a coalition governement in place for the next 4-6 weeks. Let the Tories appoint a new leader and then a general election can be held.

6. The Uk , as part of NATO, is fightng a proxy war with Russia,. I do not believe that this decision , no matter how worthy, has been put to the people. Even Labour has suppressed the Stop the War coalition. We have entered in to a proxy war that no one has asked for. Having an unelected Prime Minister only serves to make this work. I think voters should be afforded the choice as to whether we remain or leave NATO.

A failure to hold a general election would be a massive dereliction of democracy in this country. I think we have had enough of this and the people must be allowed to vote for a re-set. If the Tories win, they can then form of government albeit with politicians untainted by Boris. In my opinion, it will take a generation to repair the damage inflicted on the Tories as a democratic political party. There is a strong case for them to be prescribed and, if the UK breaks up as a consequence of the people of Ireland and Scortaldn wanting to taking democracy in to their own control, as the Conservative & Unionist party, they have no need to exist. Starmer needs to make some bold decisions and I afraid that i am not 100% convinced that he is strong enough to to it. If the Tories do not call a general election, I would suggest that there is a general strike to get them out of office. Starmer needs to make this absolutely clear.

14. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

As an interesting (OK, nerdy) aside to the current political intrigue, I usually check out the headlines (via the BBC News) of the main papers (surprisingly, they never show the headline from The Morning Star -sorry, Ian). The Express is always (ALWAYS) in favour of the Tories, more specifically Boris, but the Daily Star, owned by the same people as The Express, are very good at bursting most MP's bubbles, and basically taking the p*ss.

It occurs to me that these particular press barons are trying to have their cake and eat it, when it comes to appealing to any/all sides of the populace. It's probably worth pointing out that these owners (Reach PLC) also own The Mirror, a traditional left of centre, Labour-supporting, journal. In short, the owners of Reach are shovelling out anything that they think will appeal to people who buy papers, and passing it through a left/right filter, before deciding which paper it goes into.

Still, that's what you get for press freedom - The freedom to write bullsh*t

15. - Doing The Lambert Walk

16. Archers Road

What a troubled world right now. Seems nowhere is immune

17. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Crazy isn’t it? Every time you turn on the news something new has happened that would be a historic event any other time. But now its all commonplace.

Archers Road likes this.
  18. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

Breaking news on BBC Website (That well-known den of ultra-left leaning commies, if you believe the printed media) that Keir Starmer and Angela Rayner have been cleared of any wrongdoing with regards to 'Beergate'. Of course, they were cleared by Durham police, who are also a bunch of pinko Commie sympathisers. At least, that's what the Daily Mail and the Express will claim.

Separately, Ben Wallace, the PM hopeful, has a namesake - Ben Wallace, the former Detroit Pistons NBA player. Wallace the basketball player (as opposed to Nadine Dorries, the Basket Case) has been inundated with messages of support, promoting his challenge for Prime Minister, so he has accepted the challenge and will stand for PM.

19. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

20. Archers Road

Bit ironic though, that Starmer and Rayner are cleared the day after Bogbrush resigns…