1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by ChilcoSaint, Feb 23, 2016.

1. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that is EXACTLY how the convo went - I guarantee it.

davecg69 and ChilcoSaint like this.
  2. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

3. Farked19

Farked19 Well-Known Member

At least, like a few of us on this forum Miriam isn't going to be around to have her life blighted too seriously by this two pronged crisis of Covid and Brexit. I see that latest contribution from the Tory supporting head of the Bank of England is that things are not going to be too bad. Whistling in the dark, or as I prefer to refer to it Light Brigade Syndrome.

This condition known as LBS is best illustrated by John Cleese in The Holy Grail. Having been divested by all four limbs he asks if his opponent might like to call it a draw, When will the doo lally Boris realise that Britain is up **** Creek in a barbed wire canoe and do the only sensible thing remaining: Run up the white flag? This ia time for defeatism as the only realistic option remaining to the semi intelligible albino windbag.

4. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

There’s always a bright side. You just have to look for it. The way we live - all of us, across the planet - has to change quite radically if we are to have a future as a species. Expect massive upheavals in the years to come, we really ain’t seen nothing yet.

5. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

But.. he’s Winston Churchill, and we will NEVAH SURRENDAH!

San Tejón and thereisonlyoneno7 like this.
  6. San Tejón

San Tejón Well-Known Member

He likes to think of himself being the next Winston Churchill.
    There are some who like to think of him being the next Spencer Perceval.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  7. San Tejón

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  8. West Kent Saint

West Kent Saint Well-Known Member

Or the next Ronald McDonald. Purveyor of ****, a bit of a 'joker' and born in the US.

9. San Tejón

I learned a new word today, whilst watching the Chase. I think it is the perfect word for the current political situation, in this country.

Kakistocracy

government by the least suitable or competent citizens of a state.

10. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

I guess you are not overly pleased with our Boris.

11. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

He ain't my Boris

Archers Road likes this.
  12. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

actually he is as he is our Prime Minister. Good or bad that does not alter that fact.

Tiddler likes this.
  13. St. Luigi Scrosoppi

St. Luigi Scrosoppi Well-Known Member

He isn't my Spaffer ****ing Johnson either. I didn't soil my hands voting for him. My conscience is clear. I will hold my hand up in the future and say not guilty when people ask who the **** got us into this mess?

14. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

If you were one of those who voted for his party in December, please could you explain how his “oven ready” withdrawal agreement seems to have rotted away in the broken freezer?

Archers Road and San Tejón like this.
  15. Farked19

Brexit coming home to roost. A veritable Armada of migrants attempting the crossing, driven by the efforts of people who have fully embraced the methods of our leaders and generating maximum cash flow by project fear. In this case telling them that after Brexit it will be impossible. Of course it won't be. There will be plenty of Irishmen willing to drive them across the border for a few punts.

16. San Tejón

LBC video with guy who is taking the government to court for wasting taxpayers money on useless PPE and questioning how the companies were awarded the contracts when they lacked experience.
    Andrew Mills and Ayanda (Sp?) looks especially dodgy.

ChilcoSaint likes this.
  17. Farked19

As a district councillor I sat on a committee that handled contracts for cleaning and grass cutting. We did more due diligence on a £25,000 contract than seems to have been done on this, despite the amount being ten thousand tines greater. I smell a very large albino rat.

San Tejón and ChilcoSaint like this.
  18. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

I sit on a Parish Council and we competitively tender for any contract (grass cutting, playground equipment, general maintenance etc.) worth more than £1,500. All contracts, whatever their value, are independently audited. It beggars belief that, as you say, sums of money tens of thousands times greater than our entire annual budget are just given away by central government, with no regard for any possible consequences.

Schrodinger's Cat and San Tejón like this.
  19. Farked19

Oh yes the wonderful " Competitive Tendering". Brought in by Attila the Hen to improve financial efficiency. I argued that one tender for council gardening work that came in a lot lower than the others should not be accepted. The Tory majority at that time went ahead and accepted it. When no work had been done a couple of weeks after the contract started an investigation found that all he council's equipment that had been taken over by the company, and not yet paid for, had gone to auction and the contractors disappeared.

On another occasion a private security company contracted to take car park money from the town hall to the bank was at the centre of a scandal where thousands of pounds went AWOL. They claimed that they had collected a smaller amount while the town hall employees claimed it was the larger. In the end they just had to give up looking for it.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2020
    ChilcoSaint likes this.
  20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

At the start of lockdown, I shared this view. I, and I am sure many others, thought “National crisis, fair enough, let’s unite behind the leader, for now anyway.

But then the fat clown and his band of cretinous spivs went on to make such an atrocious balls up of everything they touched (Rishi Sunak aside). Boris has shown himself so utterly lacking in any leadership qualities whatsoever, (showmanship is not leadership) that I now refuse to acknowledge him as my PM. He can **** right off...actually, I think he has. The useless plonker is never around, and now his puppet master Cummings is advertising for a fill-in to do the press conferences.