1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pointless point-scoring thread

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, May 15, 2012.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

2. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

When he was asked if he wanted a pint he said "No thanks, I have one ear".

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

The pub was called Whispers....that makes it doubly funny.

4. DevAdvocate

<laugh>

Never noticed.

5. magicthighs

magicthighs Member

"A man has pleaded guilty to biting off and swallowing part of another man's ear in an East Lothian pub...

...Sheriff Jarvie deferred sentence on Park until later this month but said he had committed a "most unsavoury" crime."

Sheriff Jarvie is wasted on these hacks. Man is a comedy genius. :laugh:

6. DevAdvocate

I wonder if the Judge gave him an earfull?

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Been a while........

Not because there hasn't been points to score but because I couldn't be arsed.

A SHERIFF sent a message out to football fans that sectarian abuse from terracings would not be tolerated in the Highlands by the courts.
    Sheriff Ian Abercrombie, who is leaving Inverness to take on a new post as sheriff in Dunfermline, sent a young Rangers fan to a young offenders&#8217; institution for three months following an incident at Caledonian Stadium in Inverness.
    Connor McGhie had been found guilty after trial of shouting sectarian abuse at a match between Caley Thistle and Rangers earlier this year
    Sheriff Abercrombie said: "A signal needs to be sent out from this court that we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Inverness.
    "In the Highlands we have many people of different faiths and in Inverness particularly there is a strong immigrant community whose religion is very strong of the faith you were demeaning.
    "I have no idea who taught you to hate people simply because of their religious beliefs and I have no idea why you chose, on more than occasion, to sing these sectarian songs.
    "Such feelings have no place in society and will not be tolerated."
    McGhie (19) of Castleknowe, Carluke, was found guilty after trial at Inverness Sheriff Court last month of behaving in a threatening or abusive manner by repeatedly singing abusive and sectarian songs at the SPL match between the two sides on February 26 this year. Rangers won 4-1.
    Two witnesses employed by the gs4 security firm who were on duty at the match as part of a security liaison team hired by Rangers Football Club identified McGhie as someone in the Rangers supporters enclosure who was shouting sectarian abuse.
    Kenneth Smythe (60) told the court he was on duty at the Rangers end and he saw McGhie jump on to a boundary wall to celebrate the third Rangers goal. He was heard to chant: "We hate Celtic Fenian bastards".
    Most fans stop singing but McGhie continued and he was heard to chant "F... the Pope and the Vatican,"
    Sentence had been deferred until today for background reports and his solicitor Diane McFarlane told the sheriff both McGhie&#8217;s parents were in court.
    She said it was a great shame because he was a young person who goes about his day to day business and presented himself as a responsible man, yet in terms of a football match he conducted himself in a disorderly manner.
    "His blood was up and he did not calm down like the other supporters. He should have realised he was putting himself at great risk of arrest."
    Ms McFarlane said his family had zero tolerance towards such behaviour.
    "He denies saying specific words. He said he had been drinking and got caught up in the moment and did it without thinking.
    "The whole incident has caused not only himself great concern but his mother and father. They were deeply concerned at what he has been convicted of."
    The solicitor added that the case had resulted in a degree of public shaming because of press coverage of the case. "It has brought real shame to the family name."
    She said he was a young man with a lot to offer who works with football team locally.
    But Sheriff Abercrombie told Ms McFarlane: "It&#8217;s the way he did this and the repeated way he did this in front of the stand. It takes my breath away &#8211; the pure hatred and bile. I think anyone who attends matches using such disgusting language should be stopped whether its at the front, middle or back (of a stand).
    Addressing McGhie, he said: "I am at a loss. One explanation could be you feel your own faith is superior to others.
    "Despite everything that has been said I don&#8217;t get the feeling there is a true level of contrition."
    Sentencing him to three months, the sheriff added: "A signal needs to be sent out that from this court that we will not tolerate this kind of behaviour in Inverness."
    The sheriff also imposed a six-month order banning McGhie from attending Scottish football grounds.

8. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

Aye we all rob old grannies. <laugh>

Just like all Celtic staff rape kids <ok>

Nice logic <doh>

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

****ing hell<doh>

10. Girvan Loyal 1690

Girvan Loyal 1690 Nobody's safe now

Typical thick paddy ****!

11. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Right you are Trebor<ok>

12. Kellybhoy

Kellybhoy Member

<laugh><laugh> dearie me.

13. Rustie bugmuncher

Rustie bugmuncher Well-Known Member

am i the only one who thinks the punishment is a tad harsh? football fans say stuff, lots worse gets said on here. if i was a catholic i am not sure I would be offended.

14. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

You can't say that in the pointless point scoring thread.

You can think it.

There is a possibility that you may even be right......just not in the pointless point scoring thread.

15. Rustie bugmuncher

Rustie bugmuncher Well-Known Member

my mistake, got what he deserved, bigoted ****er <whistle>

16. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Exactly<ok>

Every single last one of them is like that and this is not just a damning indictment of this young man, but every single black hearted Zombie bastard out there....
    FACT.

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

All aboard the O'ffended bus.

Bigot buses blight Belfast.

please log in to view this image

18. DevAdvocate

please log in to view this image

19. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

On the buses was filmed at Wood Green bus garage. That was the proposed venue for Benjamin to meet with me the first time he wanted to pretend to fight me. He changed his mind that time too.

Two pointless points scored for the price of one there.

20. DevAdvocate

Ah ate you Butler.

That's my Blakey impersonation.