1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Pointless point-scoring thread

Discussion in 'Celtic' started by RebelBhoy, May 15, 2012.

1. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

DC Thomson marketer JP Murphy recieves threats from Rangers Fans after being mistakenly being identified as Rangers Tax-Case blogger
    The marketing director of DC Thomson, John Paul Murphy, has today come under fire from Rangers fans who have mistakenly identified him as the man behind the Rangers Tax Case blog, leading to threats also being made to his employer.

A post on the Rangers Media Website forum has asked for information on Murphy, with the author, who goes by the pseudonym Mr Struth, claiming that he saw Murphy receiving email notifications on his phone while travelling to work, with responses to posts on the blog.

The Rangers Media forum post, which included links to Murphy’s Twitter feed, his Linkedin account and a story on The Drum website to highlight his picture, also claimed; “The guy then sent a text to a number asking if he was any further forward with 'digging' on Green and an email saying a new blog had to be up soon.”

As a result of this post, Murphy has received abusive tweets from Rangers fans, while DC Thomson is also received threats this morning, The Drum understands.

While Murphy was unavailable for comment, he has tweeted in response to the abuse; “So apparently I'm @rangerstaxcase! What lovely folks. Invasion of privacy? Definitely. Laughable conclusion? Absolutely”.

He has also said that he has also received abusive messages to his home phone, but has said that he is yet to contact Strathclyde Police.

This is not the first case of media intimidation over the reporting of Rangers financial plight in recent months, with Channel 4 chief news correspondent Alex Thomson claiming to have received violent threats from a Scottish sports journalist, while The Daily Record’s Hugh Keevins has also said he has been threatened in response to his coverage of the story.

2. DevAdvocate

DevAdvocate Gigging bassist

Is it true they are going to Boycott the Beano?

3. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

And after all the money they spent on Dennis the Menace scarves <grr>

4. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Just so there is no doubt, I am posting these things to score worthless points.

On the topic of Dennis the Menace scarves, apparently a bare on FF thought that the Dennis scarves made an appearance at Maine Road to show solidarity between city and Der Hunnen.......God bless their simple heads.

please log in to view this image

5. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

What football club could employ a hate filled sectarian bigot who condones terrorism and sexual offences and has now turned his own hand (or head) to violence.

I shall reveal all in one minute and 37 seconds.

6. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

I can see you are all ****ting it

7. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

8. Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction

Vilsmeier-Haack Reaction Well-Known Member

9. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

It is utterly pointless but it amuses me and is out of the way so it shouldn't bother anyone.

10. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

What kind of **** thinks they can park wherever the **** they want?

11. Glesgabhoy67

Glesgabhoy67 Well-Known Member

Kirk Broadfoot at Lafferty's wedding? <laugh>

12. Ciaran

Ciaran 2016 POTY

Conor Crossan was in my Primary School class. He should have slapped Healy, he's far bigger than him. Big :emoticon-0149-no: from me Conor.

13. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

What kind of ****s would offer the ambulance service a pence in the pound deal and then go right ahead and offer a 12k a week deal to a millionaire?

http://www..co.uk/sport/football/art...=feeds-newsxml

Rino Gattuso has warned Rangers they will lose him to another club if their problems aren't resolved quickly.

The Italian World Cup winner's agent Andrea D'Amico spent a second day talking to prospective owner Charles Green in Glasgow on Friday.

Reports from Italy even suggested the 34-year-old has been offered a two-year, £12,000-a-week deal, complete with a cut of merchandising sold in his name.

On Friday night, however, the AC Milan legend told Sportsmail that Rangers are just one of five offers on the table.

And he will only return if the club can thrash out a CVA, exit administration and find a way to sign players while keeping a competitive team together.

'The problems right now are with the club. There is no problem with the contract,' said Gattuso

If they want me to sign for one year or two years - no problem. The only problem for me is that I have four or five offers from other teams but I want to play for Rangers.

'By the 14th of this month the club will know if the CVA stands or not. If there is some hope things can be all right, then maybe I will wait for another week or two before I do anything.'

Gattuso refused to confirm a contract is already in place in principle, but insisted: 'I am 34. I have money, and if that was important to me I would just go to Dubai or Qatar. Simple.

'But it's not about money. I played for Milan for 13 years - so money is no issue.

What is important is that the squad is competitive, that every day the training is good and the situation does not change every week.

'I would like to help them and play for Rangers but the team must be competitive. I would come to Glasgow to win the league - not to be fighting relegation.'

Gattuso, whose wife Monica is Glaswegian, spoke to Ally McCoist this week and insisted the discussion was positive.

He added: 'I spoke to Coisty three or four days ago and he was very happy I wanted to come back.

'We didn't talk too much about the problems, because every day things change.'

Green confirmed talks with Gattuso had been positive but admitted the move is obviously contingent on the club being able to sign players.

14. DevAdvocate

Scummy, brass-necked, dignity lacking ****s, that's who.

15. EspaniaCelt

EspaniaCelt Well-Known Member

... and there's no cure for being a ****.

16. Redwino

Redwino Active Member

It's just a piece of shrewd forward planning. Calm down guys - it probably won't happen.

17. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

So what you are saying is that you value millionaires more than you value the brave men and women of the ambulance service?

Quite frankly, you make me sick and if you are representative of the majority of Rangers fans, then I for one am glad that your club are about to cease to exist. No more than you deserve. FACT.

Check the thread title

18. Gambol

Gambol George Clooney's wee brother

Ambulance drivers are ****s. All high and mighty cos they get to call themselves paramedics now. <grr>

19. DevAdvocate

This Hun has a point.

20. RebelBhoy

RebelBhoy Moderator
    Staff Member

Thread Title:

Lenny; The man who slayed 100% of Rangers football club.

Thread content: some inaccurate ****e.