1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Playoffs then

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Brainman, Apr 19, 2021.

1. SpikeyBob

SpikeyBob Well-Known Member

It's also not beyond the realms of possibility that Hull may not pick up another point or maybe just one. They have Lincoln and Charlton away and Wigan, who have won their last 4, at home.
    Whatever we just have to win all of ours.

2. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

For the leicester cup game the tickets just doled out to people in London so they could limit things like travel exposure - I remember seeing something on TV about the only fan was a student from Leicester who just happened to be studying in London.

That being the case then they probably don't know how they will distribute the tickets until the fan study from that match is completed.

RTB and Makemstine Roger like this.
  3. Nig

Nig Well-Known Member

Whatever happens we'll all be back next season rooting for us.
    Sunderland till I die.

4. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

I admit that I never even bothered looking at Hull's run in, but you're right their run-in looks as tough as Peterboroughs. Let's hope one of them slips up, but all we can do is win our remaining 4 games and see where that leaves us.

SpikeyBob and Makemstine Roger like this.
  5. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Not necessarily. They're only 6 GD ahead of us. If they draw two, win one and lose one, and we have to win all four, we should catch up another 4~ GD by default. We would just need one big win (or three 2-0s and a 1-0) to potentially overtake them on GD.

Of course, this will all be rendered irrelevant when we play out a bore draw with Accrington on Saturday <laugh>

Makemstine Roger and Sandy Camel like this.
  6. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

We also have to rely on Lincoln dropping points now, no chance. Just need to fight for play offs and hope for the best in there.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  7. Snaggey

Snaggey Well-Known Member

Lincoln still have to play Hull, Peterborough and Charlton......i don't think they will win all 3.

8. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

I think they'll drop points tbh. However, I don't for a second believe we'll win all four of our remaining games so this is all moot, ha.

9. SAFCDRUM

SAFCDRUM Well-Known Member

You're obviously right but in terms of one off games, Accrington, Blackpool, Plymouth and Northampton. Nowt to be scared of.

10. Snaggey

I would take them 4 over Hull, Peterborough and Lincoln remaining fixtures.

11. SAFC4ever

SAFC4ever Active Member

Few deserve a ticket more than me, I haven’t renewed every season and spent a fortune going to away games for nothing.

Wolfy likes this.
  12. SAFC4ever

SAFC4ever Active Member

People can go on holiday in the U.K. from 17th May so the need for fans to be in the local area will be academic.

13. Snaggey

14. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

The FA Cup final on May 15th is an event research programme pilot study event in the 1st PHASE of pilots includes:

FA Cup Semi Final, Wembley Stadium
    World Snooker Championship, Sheffield Crucible Theatre
    Luna Cinema, Liverpool
    League Cup Final
    ACC Business Event, Liverpool
    Circus Nightclub, Liverpool
    FA Cup Final, Wembley Stadium
    The BRIT Awards, London
    Outdoor gig, Sefton Park Liverpool

Only after they have the results from all these events will they make decisions about their 2nd Phase events.

The current "Information on the Events Research Programme" was updated on 19th April.

This is what it says about who can go to the pilot events;

"Getting tickets for a pilot event
    The events are scientific trials and each event may have different criteria for the selection of participants. We are working with event organisers to identify suitable participants from their usual customer base.

Travelling to pilot events
    The majority of attendees who attend the ERP events will be local to the venue. However, attendees with valid ERP tickets can travel to the event in line with HMG guidence.

Additional travel requirements may be stipulated by event organisers and local authorities so we would encourage participants to check before they travel to an ERP event."

They aren't interested in making particular club fans happy. They will be studying the aftermath so will want conditions before and after to be tightly controlled.

It could be that 2nd Phase test subjects might specifically have to come from Wembley area as with the FA Cup Semi Final. Or it might be that they want the subjects to travel from the club areas in specifically arranged coaches and/or trains - or even a mix of both local to Wembley and from the club's home area.

We won't know anything more certain until a week after the FA Cup - say 22nd May.

With the finals Champ 29th May, L1 30th May and L2 31st May and subjects needing a negative lateral flow test in the 3 days before their pilot, they will obviously have to do some pre-planning - but if the FA Final results aren't good and community transmission is rising generally across the country they might reduce the number of fans let in or even let none in!

I haven't seen the detailed protocols so I can't say for sure when and to which people tickets will be given out. The only thing I can say with any certainty is that if you are clinically vulnerable, or even if you live with or care for vulnerable people (vaccinated or not) then you would be excluded from the study on ethical grounds.

My advice to fans is not to get any hopes up about a possibility of going to Wembley. Eligebility to attend will be decided upon using more than the usual season card holding and % attendance rate metrics.

15. SAFC4ever

SAFC4ever Active Member

There only pilot events if before 17th May though, I don’t live with anyone vulnerable but that’s an outrage if people like that are prevented from going. Imagine if people were excluded from going on the grounds of sexuality for example, there would rightly be outrage. If I don’t get a ticket I won’t be going again, despite the fact ive renewed for next season.

16. Draig

Draig Well-Known Member

Pilots yes, but notice that Phase 1 - it sort of implies that there is a Phase 2 or else they would have simply just called them Pilot Events.

17. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

we not sure of a play off place yet

18. Wolfy

Wolfy Well-Known Member

I seriously think we could end up out of the play offs. I can’t see where our next win is going to come from.

Random lad likes this.
  19. The Berk

The Berk Well-Known Member

You two having a laugh, win our next 3 and Peterborough lose, we’ll be promoted.

Joking lads

20. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

<laugh><laugh> <doh>