1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Play-offs

Discussion in 'Shrewsbury' started by Chris-Gashead, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Vanner

Vanner Member

Splendid news then. I will delight in a season of despair for my friends the gasheads! :)

Should be a good season in all seriousness. Hope Matty Harold does a job for you!

2. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Admittedly, it has taken too long for us to achieve promotion but we have suffered incredibly bad luck in the meantime. Players crippled in the last kick of the play-off semi in 2007 and during the warm up at Wembley. The way we played at MK Dons you wouldn't have had a sniff against that team. Last year there was that scumbag of a linesman who deprived us of promotion at the expense of Wycombe.

We have changed managers and now we have the correct one. When Buckle fails, you will not be able to afford to sack him.

3. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Lame WUM. Does it bother you that you can't play your nearest rivals because of a 2-League gulf between you?:embarrassed:

4. Vanner

Vanner Member

Shame we can't use that on Telford anymore :p

5. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

Not really, that is temporary. We will be in league one again before you know it, and will go on to bigger and better things when our new stadium arrives. Times are looking good for the gas :) Those scumbags are struggling in the Championship at the moment and could find themselves in league one before they know it!

Oh, and Rovers and City have a PROPER rivalry, not one of these little town rivalries. Does it bother you? Don’t be jealous, its just one of those things, you will never experience ;)

6. atcham jack

atcham jack Well-Known Member

incredibly bad luck kds? now what causes that, particularly over the last 4 years. i will tell you bickerton and the board brought in that ruddy awful badge, which did for 2 good managers, peters and simpson. i will be hanged if it should get rid of an even better manager. i predict town will have another nearly season, leaving the sponsors wondering are they backing the right club, and all the time that grey haired suave tom wycherley is esconsed in fortress lenny the lion or the boardroom swigging vintage port without giving a tinkers cuss about the source of the shrews journeymen unfair outlook and performance.
    it is not the manager or squad or the stadium, or the new meadow. purely and simple the source of shrews incredibly bad luck rests with that grey haired old git and his colleagues in fortress lenny the lion.

coys fs, aab and ctrb

7. atcham jack

sorry grey haired old git ROLAND wycherley, come on sort it soon as some of the shrews may start believing this theory soon, the sponsors do!!

8. uncle grahams barmy army

hahaha oh you do make me laugh chris. "a proper rivalry" you have with bristol city? hmmm! when youre in the same league as them which is NEVER! only last week i was chatting to some city fans in the pub and they were saying that rovers are a small club and that they arent even worth talking about and that nowdays they have a better and more intense rivalry with cardiff! ooh now thats gotta be very annoying that they percieve you too poor consider as rivals.
    now i think you should go on to youtube and watch some videos of your 8-goal-a season striker matty harrold and seriuosly rethink all of your claims that youre going to win the league. there are a fair few decent teams in this league that you will come unstuck against.
    im not saying that we will win the league, but i am saying that you will definately NOT!!

9. Hounded Out By Morons

Hounded Out By Morons Well-Known Member

Sorry to blow your theory out of the water AJ, but the loggerheads were still on the shirt for the Wembley final v Brizzle. When we had Lenny v Gillingham we deserved to lose.

10. atcham jack

touche' kds, my point is we would have more chance of winning with our traditional badge. no one says town will win everything with 3 l/h and an f/s but it must dawn on our sponsors and the grey haired old git in fortress lenny the lion boardroom that town have won nothing in the league in 4 years in spite of coming close and extreme bad luck including moribund linesman. nothing will shake me from my opinion and others, that shrews will win nothing with that ruddy awful popfart badge. when rowland announces there will be a return to our traditional badge in due course say up to 5 years, then town's luck will change, the bottom may fall out of the chairmans decanter but shrews will start getting the right result. until then bring on staines in the cup. floreat salopia

11. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

Yeahbshame about Telford, although I think it would be brilliant for the entire county if they could get into the League(and we were in League One)

Chris- ditto to what's said above, when was the last time you played City, apart from cup ties? A proper rivalry? Bullshit.

12. Jenny!

Jenny! Member

Chris..

You seem to be a bit of a loser.

13. Chris-Gashead

Lets face it Jen, we are all losers on this forum, yourself included. Otherwise we would all have better things to do than WUM the **** out of each other on a football forum ;)

14. Chris-Gashead

I am basing my point of 'proper' rivalry on the fact that there is proper emotion when we play city. None of this small time banter, but proper rivalry. Something you shrews wouldnt have experienced, being a small Welsh town in the middle of nowhere :)

15. uncle grahams barmy army

youve obviuosly never been to shrews v wrexham, not only are they our rivals, but they are WELSH! all our derbies are as aggressive as any!
    as i said chris, only last week i was chatting to some city fans in the pub and they were saying that rovers are a small club and that they arent even worth talking about and that nowdays they have a better and more intense rivalry with cardiff!

16. ManFeelings

ManFeelings Member

My friend is a City fan an he didn't know the name of Rovers' stadium<cheers>

17. atcham jack

not wishing to lower the tone but in the dim and distant past shrewsbury was in wales, a fact i am proud of. shrewsbury has a welsh name . amwythig, its meaning- the delight. during w/war 2 shrewsbury was the unofficial capital of wales as it was convenient for north and south to meet.

now turning to chris-gasheads latest barb, i have always had respect for rovers, but their club became insignificant when they left eastville in my opinion. let us hope their new stadium will put them back on the map.

i understand mfi packs for self assembly have been ordered for the new stadium. i just hope they have special connecting bits to join, lego, meccano and bayco builda bricks together. the finished all seater 6500 capacity will look very nice and there will be plenty of room for dunfords dairies milk floats and horses

18. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

scumbag of a linesman,i thought he was quite good:1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down:<party><party><party>

19. Matster

Matster Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Now now Rocky or we'll have to start calling your team Low Wycombe!

20. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm