1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Play down Pompey

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by YorkieLancsHampyLondoner, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

The jury will always be out when it comes to whether or not Hurst would have turned it around.It seems Evans bottled it when we didn’t hit the ground running which was expecting a lot given the new (relatively inexperienced) manager and completely overhauled squad.Personally I’m undecided, he came to us with a good reputation but has hardly covered himself in glory since.It’s one of those situations where we’ll never know what might have been, the outcome can hardly have been worse though!

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

We can be pretty certain that Paul Hurst would have had a far better chance of success if we’d had these owners at the club.

3. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

I think we could say that about any of our managers. Although, I hated his style of football, if MM had been given financial backing, we would be in the premier league now (IMO). I think this season is now done but we certainly don’t need another overhaul this summer. Left wing back, central midfielder and striker are the 3 positions I would like to see added and then onwards and upwards

4. Buckyohare

Buckyohare Well-Known Member

We’ll keep Piggot and and offer jackass a contract and bring two new blokes in. Can’t shift the pig with 2 years left and no performances to sell him on. Signing 4 new ones would be very hard and hard to get right even if it was possible. But we have to give a berth to the pig and I doubt a better version of jackass is available to us at a better price.

don’t mean this to sound like a dig as it’s not but I just don’t find any agreement with any criticism of KM here or elsewhere. He’s worked a minor miracle and got a slightly above average group playing at a top promotion winning level. Just run out of time and games. I think he’s rotated his forwards because none are good enough to play any defence and picked to suit the needs of the game. Whereas he’s got that defence water right and plays the same 5 every game.

said ages ago playoofs looked beyond us and remain of that view.

5. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

Agree with all you say Bucky, except I would ditch the Pig. Lets all look forward to the up and coming season, amazing how quick it comes round, with chatter and rumours starting in May or June! I do find it surprising that all the teams above us just keep on winning! Well, not losing. And Portsmouth, Wycombe, Wednesday & Argyle all having games in hand, even tho some are against each other.
    After last nights results, our hopes are now very slim, so just hope the whole team and Club keep the new spirit and momentum flowing, to carry us confidently into August - with 3 fresh players, maybe just two. We will be in a very different place from our season start last year.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2022
    Buckyohare likes this.
  6. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

I would ditch the fecking lot of 'em and sign 3 new strikers, let's look abroad too, not just UK based strikers. I would try to make Celina permanent and look for a decent left wing back. That would be it, nothing else needs sorting imo!

7. Southcoastoldgaffer

I must say, how we missed an in form striker against Morecombe and Cheltenham, those 4 pts dropped make all the difference!

fieldmarshall likes this.
  8. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

are you putting yourself forward ? <whistle>

Nuggets and Southcoastoldgaffer like this.
  9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

There are much better footballers than Donacien and we need better cover for Morsy. Carroll isn’t up to it and Bakinson isn’t our player. Could probably do with another senior centre back too.

Strikers and left side is the priority though. Need to find a better balance between having a winger on one side and full back on the other. We don’t cause any problems down the left.

Although Jackson has scored a couple of goals lately he’s got a long way to go to prove he can do it consistently.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Then again, if we’re in the Championship next season that’ll have a say in who we bring in.

11. Southcoastoldgaffer

Lets get there first Hampy, like you I am ever the optimist, steal a win at Oxford, unlikely, then there is all to play for still. My head says we will be 2 pts adrift but there we go.

For me, the main thing is we are all enjoying watching Town again, been a while.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
    Bigalreigned likes this.
  12. Southcoastoldgaffer

iFlipping Follow.

Does anyone else have trouble getting iFollow live stream matches on Saturday from VPN anywhere land? Over the months I have enjoyed meeting up with friends and former ITFC players in a fave bar in Amsterdam. But iFollow tell me that its not allowed in their Ts and Cs. So, do I go to some gambling Betting online stream, which I am reluctant to shell out for?

13. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Just been announced that Jackson’s out for the Season,another nail in the coffin of our playoff hopes this Season?!

Kayden Jackson: Ipswich Town forward unlikely to return this season https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60783098

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

As far as I know there are only a couple of VPNs out there that can’t be detected. Apparently Express VPN does the trick. Not that I would ever do that myself. Terrible business.

Southcoastoldgaffer likes this.
  15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Or a blessing, which ever way you want to look at it. Not sure what game we’re playing with Simpson by the way.

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

The couple of times McKenna has spoken about Simpson he's always said something along the lines of "it's up to Tyreece to make the most of the training sessions and show that he is deserving of minutes"

Now it's something he's consistent in saying about most players but for some reason it seems to stand out when he's talking about Simpson to me.