1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Pardew odds on to take new job

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Consett Mag, Dec 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

I think the problem is their capacity to expand in the short term. They have a good youth system which could stand them in good stead. A few more Nathaniel Clynes could see some quick progress financially. I can't see them spending much in the near future. Possibly like you say, 2 or 3 years down the line if they can maintain a few mid table finishes. The margins between 11th and relegation are fine though so in the short term he'll be up against it. We know they aren't about to release funds because it was one of the reasons Pulis decided it wasn't for him.

So for me anything Pardew does in the short term (2 or 3 years) which sees them not fighting relegation is a feather in his cap.

2. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

Come on guys. I realise that sticking your neck out and saying what it would take at the end of the season for Pardew to have done a good job is a risk, especially when you can just wait and think up some reason to slag him off whatever the outcome, but there must be at least one Pardew hater out there willing to live dangerously.

Anyone ?

3. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

For me success for Pardew will be going the second half of the season and not embarassing his club off the field.
    As long as he keeps a lid on his desire to headbutt and abuse officials he should do ok I think.

4. Sheikh_of_Araby

Sheikh_of_Araby Well-Known Member

Pardew has inherited a decent side at Palace. Give him a year and he'll have stamped his own unique mark on the side. By that I mean they'll be ****e.

5. Maximin Effort

Maximin Effort Well-Known Member

I reckon short term , 14th and above is good, 15th - 17th he's met requirements and relegation is failure.

Going into next season and onwards, met requirements would probably be 15th and above.

Of course if he headbuts anyone again he automatically fails...

6. Beardsley's Rancid Sack

Beardsley's Rancid Sack Well-Known Member

Where were they in the table when he took them over? 16th or similar? I reckon if he finishes anywhere near 10th he has done a great job this season. Again what will happen the season after this will be interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.