1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Our pathetic stewards

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Walter Sobchak, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Last home game a young lad was stood up right at the back of the south stand, must have been in his very early teens at the most. A steward tore his head off demanding he sit down (no prior warning) and the poor lad was shell shocked. Thankfully the rest of the fans gave this jobsworth **** dogs abuse.

Today when we scored some young lads in the East stand ran down to the front barrier in jubilation. About 6 stewards ran out from the corner like a pack of hounds to bollock them. We'd just scored for Christ sake.

Really depresses me **** like this. Stoke are following Chazzs recommendation of basically getting as many youth in as possible from schools and we bark at our kids like a pack of wolves if they show any spirit.

2. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Pay the adult price then the least they can do is act like adults.

Hang ‘em high.

No such thing as kids, ask the owners.

3. The greengrocer

The greengrocer Well-Known Member

The f’cking stewards should have been walking around the concourse telling people entering to be quiet through the minutes silence? Also it’s well known that we have the last post and then the minutes silence! But our guy started to speak again after the silence! (sorry if it’s been mentioned)

nbetiger likes this.
  4. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Glad you still love me Walt. Our lot are appalling.

5. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately it' been that way since the KC has opened.
    Not sure wether its a local authority/ pokice thing.
    I was at beer fest today and its the only beer fest that you can't sell bottles of beer to take home

6. brownbagtiger

brownbagtiger Well-Known Member

People don’t know that there is more to Acts of Remembrance than a minutes silence. Even fewer know the difference between The Last Post and Reveille, hence the clapping after Last Post. The words after Reveille (tell them we gave our today for their tomorrow) did get lost, but I blame the ref for breaking the “standing to attention” there.

Still, at least they’ve stopped doing “silence beginning and ending on the ref’s whistle” as that’s ALWAYS a recipe for confusion amongst the hard of thinking.

The greengrocer likes this.
  7. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

It all makes miserable reading. Just don't go is my answer. I have now stopped going for very nearly 3 years and I miss it like hell. But Im sorry, until the stench of the allams which pervades the stadium has gone I will not go again until they are gone. They have systematically ruined this football club and will continue to do so until they have either driven it into the ground or just got completely sick of it. I will tell you lot this, I took my action and many on here laughed and said it was wrong and would have no effect. Well, tell me this, how many empty seats were there in the ground on Saturday and what was the actual and correct number of those attending. There has been an ongoing decline in numbers attending with many giving up their membership scheme and joining those protesting who have stopped going. Allam himself stated in that preseason statement that the club was happy that the gate was holding up. Well, he must now be a very worried man because he has called a meeting this week so he must be starting to see the light ,or the huge amount of empty seats that is now the norm. My own view is that all the lap dogs attending who have been hand picked by the club, other than HCST, will just sit there and say nowt and the allams will walk away from the meeting stating the fans are all happy. What an absolute farce we have become. And do you know what, it could have all been so different had they eaten a bit of humble pie after the name change.

Herbert Atkin and Evington like this.
  8. over18and legal

over18and legal Well-Known Member

I did not miss going on Satdee.
    I missed the beers in the pub beforehand though.
    I managed to get some Xmas shopping done whilst the KCom was over-flowing with fans ;)

9. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I think that's a bit unfair on those who are going, obviously the Supporters Committee is not ideal, it's made up of people who are largely unknown, who don't tell us what they plan to say on our behalf, or report on what they said after meetings, but I'm sure they'll still call for the reintroduction of concessions and the use of our name.

How vigorously they'll do so might be a bit of an issue, but I'm sure they won't all be rolling over.

Cortez91 and nbetiger like this.
  10. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Some of our stewards are Grade A ****ers to put it politely. Some, however, are pretty decent and up for a laugh. It’s a shame the former outweigh the latter.

11. over18and legal

I would not be a steward if you paid me £50 an hour.

Cortez91 likes this.
  12. tigers40

tigers40 Well-Known Member

I wish I had your optimism

13. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

That’s a point. Don’t they get paid like £24 a match? Think they do 4-5 hours. It’s not much considering the abuse they get themselves.

14. over18and legal

That's less than minimum wage but it wouldn't surprise me if your right.

15. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

They get more than that, the hours are longer than that as well, there's some sort of 'day rate' thing they do, though I can't remember the details (from memory, about a third of stewards are employed by the SMC, the rest are supplied by agencies and the come from all over the place).

16. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

It was like 8 years ago, when I was at college, I had an application form when some of my mates worked there and they didn’t get more than £30 for sure. Had to be there three hours before kick off and left half hour after it.

Hopefully, it’s changed and improved now.

17. BlackAndAmberGambler

BlackAndAmberGambler Well-Known Member

That was an absolute shambles on Saturday. Some dickhead always starts a round of applause when they have been specifically told that it will be a minutes SILENCE. I was embarrassed and not for the first time at the KCOM. The Royal British Legion should refrain from parading at football matches as the fallen deserve far more respect from us than they receive. And finally the pricks shouting where their seats are during the minutes confusion should hang their heads in shame.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  18. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

I'm sure I'll get **** for this. But don't you have to be a **** to even want to be a steward?

Why would anyone want it?.

Little Hitler syndrome?

Does it make them feel like they're important or strong somehow?

19. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

While there's some truth to that in some cases, a lot are young kids and it's a job and money for them.

20. The B&S Fanclub

The B&S Fanclub Well-Known Member

Nothing against the stewards per say, but some of ours have $hit for brains...Only type of job they can get to satisfy king cole that they're doing something.

As for the British Legion one minute silence, I blame Jordan, he was giving out far too much information and expecting some fans to understand that the one minutes silence commenced after the playing of the last post, not clapping..