1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Stuff (anything you want to share)

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Jun 19, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Plym i got caught in that walking from Covent Garden at Midnight as we have just been out and wow wha ta lot rain and the sky was alight with the lightening display, i think Plymouth had some as well and more on the way :eek:

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It was rubbish here Joe. Hardly a flash that I saw and only a smattering of rain. My garden could do with a soaking and my water butt is looking a bit of a desert.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Birmingham had a months rain in one hour yesterday.....an old chap got drowned in his car as it got swept away....<yikes>.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

See, there are some advantages in not being able to drive.........

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

So if you had only been a passenger....you would of been alright then ?

6. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

LOL

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Of course. You could have used your hands to open the window or door rather than have to grip the steering wheel. Obvious innit................

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Opening the window would not be a good idea....opening the door with the pressure of water ain't that easy.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yes it would. I am an escapologist in my spare time and know you can't open the door until the vehicle is full of water to equalise the pressure inside and out. Once done escape is easy. If the door is stuck I could easily pull myself through the window being of slight build and agile. All done because I'm hands free......................(again) simples innit.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I am trying to get my head around the statement....."A SUSPECTED TERRORIST ON DAY RELEASE FROM PRISON" stabbed two female police officers before killing them with their own guns in the Belgian city of Liege.
    He then shot dead a 22-year-old trainee teacher sitting in a car nearby before he was killed in a shoot out with police at a school.
    Yesterday morning's bloody rampage, which left another four officers wounded, was captured on videos on social media, showing the man clad in black waving a pistol in each hand and shouting "Allahu Akbar" before he was gunned down by elite police.

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

My daughter and family have just had a holiday in Malta and she phoned me this morning. I expected her to tell me they had got home safely as she always lets us know. Hello she said I'm calling from Malta................. Apparently they had gone to the Airport to fly back at 2am when they were told their flight was cancelled. They got offered a flight to replace it for Thursday. Needless to say they declined and are now flying back with Air Malta on Tuesday. Problem is that one goes to Stanstead and their car is in Bristol. Both her and hubby should be at work tomorrow and son at school. Despite the offer of the Thursday flight from Ryanair they got offered one night in a Hotel in the meantime. Needless to say they are not happy people. What a way to end a holiday. Sort of makes you want to stay home doesn't it. My daughter isn't a shrinking violet so no doubt they won't hear the last of it until they cough up every penny that's due.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Generally over the years we've been quite lucky with our flights....the odd hour or two of delays but nothing too stressful.
    Only once did we have a problem....our flight was due in at Gatwick just before mid-night....but bad weather made us late and we did two circles of Gatwick hoping for a break in the weather and then we missed out on Gatwick closing at midnight.
    We got re-directed to Luton and the weather was really filthy still....a two hour wait there for them to rustle up a coach to take us half-way round the M25 in diabolical weather...arriving at Gatwick at 0430.
    This was the only time that we had taken our car to an airport....we had to go back there for our car....if we didn't have a car we could of been bussed directly into London....the trouble then of course was we would have to wait for dawn for a train.
    Nothing as bad as your daughter having to wait days for a flight.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

When you think about the disruption it creates it's quite poor. She had to contact her work, contact her hubbies work, contact the school and tell us who would have panicked if we hadn't heard anything. Sort out a flight, sort out accommodation, sort out getting from Stanstead to Bristol, sort out the car parking and then find money to pay for stuff as well. All of that with minimum assistance from the people who have caused the problem in the first place. I am told although I have no personal knowledge of it, that Ryanair often cancel flights with no notice. They must forever be coughing up compo to customers. No way to run a business.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

The CEO of Ryan Air ...Michael O'Leary has no scruples at all...didn't he start sacking pilots last year, and because of that cancel hundreds of flights with no care about passengers....lots stranded abroad just had to lump it.

15. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ryanair don't pay well and there's a worldwide shortage of experienced pilots. The result is inevitable......

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well I think they might have created one less customer to piss off in future anyway.

17. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

So it seems 5 days after Karius' dreadful goal keeping performance which lost Liverpool the Champions League trophy, whilst he's been away on holiday in the USA, he's been diagnosed as having been concussed. Part of the diagnosis involved watching the game on video.

It's obviously very very serious that no signs of concussion were detected by the Liverpool medical team at the time with even Karius and his team-mates being unaware that he'd been injured.

What worries me too is that I've seen him play like that before..............

18. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

He must have concussion all the time as he has been for a couple years that useless .. just an excuse now as he is getting a lot of stick

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Helps to keep his selling on price just a little higher than nowt.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I think the only thing he is going to achieve with this story is to make himself look even more stupid. Having said that though I do think people making death threats because of a keeping nightmare is even more sick. Every single keeper in the universe has ballsed up at sometime or other. Outfield players do it every game and don't get the same stick as a keeper does.