1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Other Sport

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Cyclonic, May 29, 2017.

1. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Man Utd's malaise summed up by the post match interview tonight with OGS. Reporter asked him how long Pogba's latest injury will keep him out for. OGS very vague and then says 'Pogba's people' have advised him to have an operation. Can you imagine Fergie putting up with that? No wonder he moved him on so early in his career - talented but pea size heart.

redcgull likes this.
  2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Well Smokey, the GOAT is dead, long live the GOAT...!!

What a way for the Pats to go out last night, a last second interception from possibly the last ever pass from Tom Brady. Ooops…!! Not sure if he should play on next year, this generation of QB's are super mobile, take risks and have very strong arms. Other than the arm, and it's nowhere near as deep as he was 5-10 years ago, Brady might have to just settle as a back up to guide a new QB through the very tough world of moving a NFL team down the field...

I also think that Brady was good for Bill and the Pats just as much as Bill and the Pats were good for Brady, the perfect mix, perfect franchise, something he won't get elsewhere. Sill, we will have to wait and see what they decide but the Pats are now going to have to rebuild to get back to Super Bowl Championship material, something I think they can do, but doing it is another matter...

Some good games ahead, tonight's especially, and maybe, just maybe, we will see the Redskins in a play-off fixture within the next 2 years...?!? I'm not holding my breath though...<laugh><laugh><laugh>

smokethedeadbadger likes this.
  3. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

If he does decide to play on I hope it's with the Patriots. Would hate to see him play somehwere else. It's definitely the first time he's looked his age this year but it's also probably the worst offense he's played with in his time there. They picked up a young QB in last year's draft, I don't know if that was as a replacement for Brady or just an extra back up. Will definitely be the most interesting draft as a Patriots fan in a long time.

Two years is a long time in the NFL so who knows if Redskins could be in play offs by then, definitely a possibility. 49ers finished last season with a 4-12 record and are now one of the favourites for Superbowl.

4. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

What an utterly rancid team performance Evertonh havejust put up.

Ive watched some **** in blue over the years, but I can't ever remember it so bad. I was cringing with absolute embarassment at what I was watching.

Good job I don't have a cat as It would be over the neighbours fence by now.

Im not sure what Ancelotti can do to get the rid of the cancer that has destroyed this club over the past 30 years. It's going to take more than spending millions to solve this ****.

5. redcgull

You have to match or better your opposition for effort no matter what team you play against and Everton showed non of it. Im a LFC fan but even i could not believe how bad they were, all over the park, very poor...
    Got to say though, had Big Dunc sent the team out i think it could have been a different team. Long road back, too many bad buys and a heap load of players who need to go. On the bright side there are a few worth sticking with Holgate, C-L two of em, but they wint save you im afraid...

6. Dancingbraveforever

Dancingbraveforever Well-Known Member

The two you mentioned aren't good enough. Lots of effort , but thats not nearly enough in the PL.

7. Chaninbar

Hey Red as a Liverpool fan you'll probably know this. The kid's goal today, a beauty. Didn't Ronnie Whelan score a carbon copy back in the day? As soon as it went in today I thought I'm sure I've seen that before.

redcgull likes this.
  8. redcgull

1983 League cup final v Man Utd...!! Some goal by both players, and against our biggest rivals too...:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Chaninbar likes this.
  9. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

It wasn't a bad effort by the keeper in trying it keep it out as well.

redcgull likes this.
  10. redcgull

Shane Warne: Australian cricket great sells 'baggy green' cap' for bushfire appeal

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/51004712

Wow... Well done Shane Warne... The ole Green Baggy has got to be one of 'the' most iconic of Aussie sporting images/sports wear, so for Warne to donate it to the cause is simply brilliant...<applause><ok>

Cyclonic, Chaninbar and OddDog like this.

11. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Puts Djokovic and Sharapova to shame - they each donated a measly $25K - what's that for Djokovic? 3 serves?

12. Cyclonic

How's this for putting cleb's in their place? Last Saturday a comedian named Celeste Barber posted a fund raiser tweet asking for donations. Within 24 hours, $4,000,000 had been raised. As of yesterday (48) hours later, the total had risen to $27,640,483. The lady is looking to pass the $40,000,000 mark. All funds will go to the Rural Fire Services. The Public Trustee will oversee the distribution.

redcgull and OddDog like this.
  13. Cyclonic

Her's another lady doing the right thing. Insta-model Kaylen Ward, aka "The Naked Philanthropist" has raised $1,000,000 by sending naked pictures of herself to those who've contributed to her fire, fund raising campaign. Kaylen said she thought she's raise a thousand or so, but within days the donations raced to 7 figures. To get the pic, people had to supply proof of their donation. Kaylen's Instagram account was deactivated because of the sex content.

“My IG got deactivated, my family disowned me, and the guy I like won’t talk to me all because of that tweet. But f*** it, save the koalas,” she tweeted. <hug>

please log in to view this image

redcgull likes this.
  14. redcgull

Were trying to drop the temperature not increase it...!!!

:emoticon-0109-kiss: :emoticon-0109-kiss: :emoticon-0109-kiss:

Cyclonic likes this.
  15. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Any Leeds fans know how they got on today??

OddDog likes this.
  16. Chaninbar

As it was local I took the lad to see the mighty Imps take on Shrewsbury yesterday. A mate got a couple of nice seats on the half way line just behind the oppo dugout. The game was average with the Shrews keeper earning them a point. What I was struck by though was the entourage of 'management' each team had. The poor ol 4th official was forever copping flack from half a dozen or more staff from each side. As I had no idea beyond the manager who all these folk were I googled them. To my amazement in addition to the manager Lincoln City have:
    First Team Coach
    Goalkeeper Coach
    Head of Sports Science & Medicine
    Lead Sports Scientist
    Sports Scientist and Medicine Assistant
    another Sports Scientist Assistant
    Lead Performance Analyst
    Strength and Conditioning and Massage
    Club Doctor
    Sports Rehabilitator
    Podiatrist

Shrewsbury appear to have similar. No wonder these lower league sides struggle to survive. Can't be sustainable. 4th official has to be the worse sports job going.

redcgull and OddDog like this.
  17. Cyclonic

The Hatsu Basho in Japan began today. Instead of posting all bouts, I thought I'd just follow one of my favourite wrestlers, Enho. He's pretty new to the top division and is extremely popular. He stands just 5'6'' and is always outweighed. Today he had to give his opponent Takarafuji 152 pounds. He's in the red.

18. Cyclonic

Enho is 1-0 going into day 2.

19. Cyclonic

Enho goes into day 3 with a record of 1 & 1.

20. redcgull

Takes some doing that...:emoticon-0137-clapp :emoticon-0137-clapp :emoticon-0137-clapp