1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Offical match day thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PINKIE, Aug 5, 2019.

1. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

I originally said give him time.. patience is running out fast...

Not looking forward to motd tonight

2. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I don't know how many more signs we need before we pull the plug on Emery. What exactly is he providing right now that convinces the board he can turn things around?

The life is being sucked out of the club and the boos at the FT whistle were prominent.

3. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

He should have gone last season, he is a Spanish David Moyes... He is really turning Fans against the team! We were lucky to get a point, if they had scored first, we would definitely have lost. He needs to go NOW!!

4. BrunelGooner

The only positive with this result is, after we inevitably get spanked against Leicester next week, the board will have 2 full weeks to get rid of him. I don't know if he will get sacked, but the board can not be oblivious to how the players are around him, how we've gotten substantially worse and the reaction of the fans both in the ground and on social media.

It is a matter of when he gets sacked now, rather than if.

5. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I agree it’s a matter of when not if...

but I don’t think the owners/board will view these set of results as poor enough to sack him.

there were numerous articles this past week about how the board are 100% behind emery, and are willing to be patient.

6. gills4prem

gills4prem Active Member

I don't think results matter it is the performance, arsenal was at home today, not seen game but stats look as if we were a away team.

Embarrassing

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Very average performance once again. And once again we can't hold onto a lead. There's nothing to get excited about with this team at the moment. It's all very flat and predictable. I'm of the opinion now that Emery needs to go, he's not taking us forward and it looks very much like we're regressing under him. Stop the rot now before it affects our players.

8. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I would describe us best as impotent.

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

However, in Emery's defence it should be pointed out that amongst his contemporaries in the Premier League only Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola currently enjoys a higher win ratio.

And the Spaniard's 59% currently places him ahead of Jurgen Klopp (58%), Mauricio Pochettino (55%) and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (50%) and compares favourably with Wenger's last 73 games in charge.

Remarkable that really

10. BrunelGooner

Is that in all competitions or in the PL only? Because if it's in all competitions, then it's misleading considering we play vastly inferior opposition in the Europa and domestic cups.

Either way, doesn't change the fact that we are looking totally directionless and bland right now. Change is needed.

gooner4ever likes this.

11. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Premier League

However, only Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola currently enjoys a higher win ratio in the Premier League than Emery.

And the Spaniard's 59% currently places him ahead of Jurgen Klopp (58%), Mauricio Pochettino (55%) and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (50%).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50190999

12. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Wtf you on about with that **** maths? Under Emery we've won 25 out of 49 league games.

Edit just seen its copied from a BBC article. That must be all games including Europa because its certainly not true in the league. Which makes it a **** and pointless stat because the other teams actually play proper opposition in Europe.

13. Citizen Kane.

Citizen Kane. Well-Known Member

He has started 3 games this season due to injury. I'd say it's a tad too early to make that assessment. Clearly a raw talent but as I've said previously on this board a 19 year old isn't going to waltz into the team and solve your defensive problems overnight.

14. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

That's why I posted the link that it was from <ok>

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

For all games it's 42 wins from 72 which is 58% so BBC are still wrong. And given our Europa record is 17 wins from 23 games against largely garbage opposition its no wonder our win % is artificially inflated to fake levels.

16. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

With Emery in charge - Van Dijk and DeLigt wouldn't fix our defensive problems overnight.

But of all our signings last Summer (Pepe etc..) Saliba is the one i feel most convinced about.
    He's 6'4/5 quick, powerful yet excellent on the ball. Claude Puell recently described him as 'a colossus' and said he was upset to be 'loosing their best player next Summer'.

Still very young for a CB but he's some talent.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
  17. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

It's depressing there is no clear game plan under Emery. He has absolutely 'no style'.

There's multiple sources now saying he has lost the dressing room as well. Players have no idea what he wants from them. Some of the younger squad members have been seen doing impressions of him on the training pitch.

His interviews are totally insane - so I can understand how the players are struggling to understand him.

I don't want panic rushed appointments but I do hope the club has started to look at potential replacements.

18. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

This is where I'm at with this situation too. I think the piss taking thing is overblown, that's just young lads messing about. Emery's English is funny in a bad way.

Whether that's got anything to do with it or not, he's not delivering and we look like we're going backwards. He doesn't look like he knows how to turn it around either at the moment. So I too hope that the club are speaking to potential replacements now.

TheBear likes this.
  19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Emery has 25 wins from 49 games. So 51.0%.

Pep has 87 from 125. That's 69.6%.

Klopp has 107 from 155. That's 69.0%.

BBC just making up stats for some reason.

20. BrunelGooner

Looking at the jobs Rodgers and Lampard have done at Leicester and Chelsea respectively, in the small amount of time they've been at those clubs, really puts Emery to shame. There are absolutely no excuses for him to hide behind anymore.

Leicester away next week. Can't wait for that one...

Quilllogic likes this.