1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Odds on New Manager

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by devonblue, Sep 23, 2012.

1. devonblue

devonblue Member

Just seen this on odds checker....

http://www.oddschecker.com/football...mbe-wanderers-specials/next-permanent-manager

For me, any of Ince, Andy Scott, Megson or Laws would be ok.

Ive got an insider at AP who reckons Sanchez with Brownie as his assistant has also been talked about.

I know a lot of the chaps on here think we should go with Brownie, Keith Scott etc but looking at the names on here, I think we need to let head rule heart and go for someone with some experience.

Thoughts?

2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

if we did go with a rhino brownie and scott combination it would give the whole club a lift,i don't care about the lack of experience,those 3 would make sure that the effort on the pitch would be at a maximum unlike at the moment when we just go out on to the pitch looking defeated before we start.we have gone with managers with experience and they havent worked out ,maybe we should give these blues legends a chance at least they are like us true fans of the club.

3. Rocky blue army

we have the worst defensive record in all the divisions,that is something that the new management team need to get to grips with straight away

4. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

What if it all goes tits up would fans turn on them if it doesn't work out? I would like to see someone come in with fresh ideas not someone based on fans sentiment,after all Martin O'Neill didn't do too bad when he was offered the job! :laugh:

5. Rocky blue army

i understand where you are coming from but i think our club has alienated us fans for too long and the thought of scotty brownie rhino etc would really help to bridge that gap and get the feelgood factor back at adams park.another thought is can we really afford an experienced manager who would surely want a decent wage and a 3 year contract.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Rather than repeat what I put on another thread, here is the link.

I agree with Rocky about someone with experience. They will want a secure contract with wages we probably can't afford. The reason being if they don't perform they will get a good pay off. The last thing we want is to tie someone in to a long, potentially costly, contract. We want someone who is keen to develop as a manager and has all the basic attributes to succeed.

7. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Gary Megson would be ok? Are you being serious?

I cannot think of a club other than Sheff Wed where the fans have actually liked the guy or appreciated the job he has done for them. I really hope you do not end up with him.

8. canary-blue17

canary-blue17 Member

As a Wycombe supporter living in Norwich, definetly do not want Megson, he would be as 'good' as Smith, Adams or Megson!!

9. mowgli1960

Smith and Adams? I still have nightmares about those two! <yikes>

10. devonblue

devonblue Member

Stoke - only left because they got taken over. Had an extremely good record there too.

11. josewwfc

josewwfc Well-Known Member

andy scott would be my pick - got brentford promoted, kept them up and nearly got them into the play-offs before a poor start got him fired. then again, how many candidates on the list would want to come to us?!!?

12. mowgli1960

The guy's so far up his own arse i think you are in a minority on that one.Evans is about to lose his job at Rotherham and we don't want him.It's only been 24 hours since we got rid of one egotist without wanting another one.We need to take our time and see who is available!

13. Rocky blue army

14. Rocky blue army

mike ford oxford city manager might be cheap.........ok he might be crap as well :emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl:emoticon-0136-giggl

15. mowgli1960

John Robertson?

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I hope they don't appoint a manager for a while. I would much rather be without a manager, saving money and just have Ainsworth as player manager to see how it goes.

17. Rocky blue army

the only worry i have with ainsworth is maybe waddocks influence may still be there,i think a completely fresh approach would be our best way forward.

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Never thought of that. We need a Twitter monitor to keep track of who's saying what.

19. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just looked at the odds. Clearly, the bookies haven't a clue. Or they know it's not one of the listed names.

20. 123..

123.. Member

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020