1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Now What??????

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 6, 2018.

1. The Ginger Marks

I think this problem was accentuated by Costa although I agree Conte probably could have handled it better in hindsight. My take on the debacle was that Conte felt betrayed by Costa after he downed tools after getting his head turned by interest by an Athletico return (around December). I think at that point Conte had to cut a deal with Costa to get him back on board otherwise the meltdown would have spilled over into the rest of the dressing room and with the Spuds hanging on to our shirt tails it was a good move in my view.

I think Conte was hopeful that Costa after winning the leauge with us would have changed his POV. Conte sent all the players a text before there holidays thanking them again for their efforts but Costa returned to Conte a sarcastically stinging text. Hence the final one he got back telling him to piss off in as much. I don't think there was anyway Costa was not going to rejoin Athletico but it was a shame it was made so public by Costa.

Conte is known as a authoritarian in the game and expects loyalty and hard work as a default. I would hate to see Luiz go the same way as he was one of many stand out players during our winning season. I think he needs to get all the players together somewhere for a few days and get them all back on board. Well, here's hoping.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  2. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

The last thing we need is more luxury - we desperately need leadership on the field and not some jackass with an armband which is sadly the case at the moment.

StanDMan likes this.
  3. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Christianaldo Renaldo is no luxury player - today he scored a hat-trick for Real Madrid. If I was Chelsea manager I’d get him here - even if it means bringing in hair stylists and dressing room mirrors to aid his vanity. :emoticon-0147-emo:

4. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Can't see the Board signing a player of that quality not while they are in a bargain basement mentality; sadly we'll have to wait for reality to bite them in the shape of a finish outside the top 4 for the penny to drop.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Maybe his hair stylist could have a go at David Luiz' and Ampadus' mops and share the salary ???

Bristol Blue likes this.
  6. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Nah not a fan of cristiano. Not the player he once was. Hes lost what made him star quality i.e. his phenomenal pace and power

StanDMan likes this.
  7. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Our last 2 league games were heavy defeats against Bournemouth & Watford.

Both of them handsomely beaten by lowly Spammers B team 2-0 & Terriers by 4-1 this week.

What does that say about our team?????

Sooner we rid off Tony better we are for 4th spot.

Cannot see us getting anything against Baggies that is even with Pards in there.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018