1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Now What??????

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

The similarities to the last days of Mourinho are obvious, and the result will probably be the same. New manager, new players, but same people on the Board and Management.
    Any new manager will need new players and if they have any smarts, he (or she) will not sign until the players they ask for are contracted.
    Here's my take on who I hope we keep and who might go.

Courtois Go He's not as good as he thinks and has not shown anything except a desire to leave.
    Hazard Go He's at the age he needs better players around him to reach his top level.
    Azpi Stay We really need him
    Luiz Stay ditto
    Christensen Stay ditto
    Cahill Go a year past his use by date now a liability
    Moses Stay
    Alonso Stay
    Zappacosta Go, too ordinary.
    Fabregas Go, too many bad games now for every good one
    Kante Stay our best in position
    Drinkwater In 2 minds, but has done bugger all so far, should never have been bought.
    Bakayoko Go while someone is still stupid enough to buy him.
    Barkley Unless he starts performing, GO
    Willian Stay , which he won't unless Conte leaves
    Pedro Worth another year as a squad player
    Giroud Too soon to say
    Morata Not the answer to our striker question unless we dispense with the "1 up front". Use as a second stringer.

No point commenting on Loan players, they rarely return.

Whoever recommended and bought Bakayoko,( injured ) Barkley ( Injured) Drinkwater (injured) Giroud (unfit) the Jan signing from Roma (injured and unfit) they need to be ****ed and burned ASAP.

Any new manager will need to carefully weigh up the character of most of our players because this is the 2nd time in 2 years they have turned on the Manager and turned off their game. I'd be as concerned about that as I would the owners ignorance and lack of backing.

As much as I think Conte has shown his temperament is not mature enough for Managing a top line Club, he has been let down completely by Romans Russian Syncophants and Roman himself. No doubt Conte was promised there would be "long term plans" which there never were, and "money for the right players", but not Contes choices ,and the backing of the Board to "build and improve the squad", which no Manager has yet enjoyed nor achieved.

So a new Manager and a good year next season, followed by another revolt and sacking and on their merry way they go again.
    Interesting times ahead

StanDMan likes this.
  2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

We are completely Bi Polar, it is ridiculous.
    You watch, we will finish 5th this season, sack Conte, employ someone else.
    Make a couple good summer signings, win the league next year, then the following season it will go to **** again.

When the same **** starts happening to different managers, you have to start looking beyond the manager and up the chain to the board.
    Conte has not been perfect, I was pissed at the way he handled the whole Costa thing, and that he almost drove away David Luiz.
    And his selections have been mind boggling lately.
    But I think it is the sign of a man who has thrown in the towel, I dont think the players have downed tools, I think Conte has....and I dont blame him.

StanDMan and BobbyD like this.
  3. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Why would you hope Hazard goes?

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  4. Chelsea Pensioner

I sense you are as frustrated as I am but don't quite know who to let rip on !!!!
    Only good thing I can see from this mess is that Chelsea( the Club) have been exposed for the football- idiots they are. By standing back, supporting the Manager, and buying the 2 or 3 players he begged for, we could have been up there above Utd. with a better team than last year. Instead we are a shambles and minus the 200 mill it cost us to become a shambles.
    What decent Manager will touch the posioned chalice that we are, unless they are short of a quid?
    RA made the bed, now he can lie in it with all his Russian girlfriends, who last about the same time as his managers.
    Therin lies a clue?

BobbyD and Bodinki like this.
  5. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Pretty much sums the whole thing up.

6. Chelsea Pensioner

I don't, but I think he will go because he will never become the player he can be while surrounded by the mediocrity our transfer genius' buy . Hazard is a rare talent, he's what 27 now? and is playing in a Team that, slowly but surely, is slipping from the heights of years past, and he's having to carry more and more of the workload each year to cover for the dross we are becoming . I think the lure of Barca or Real with their brilliant players and their ambition to be the best they can, will tip him past the loyalty he has shown us. Courtois will go for the money and the fact he prefers Spain as a place to live and work.
    Offering ever more money to stay will not work with Hazard in my opinion,though it might with Courtois, who as you can tell, is not my favourite.

Look, these are just my opinions, based on nothing except what I see and percieve.
    Love to hear others POVs.

Gareth1808 likes this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Agree on Courtois, had high hopes for him as a youngster.
    To think, there was once a debate over who was better, him or De Gea? <doh>

Not so much a debate these days as a comedy punchline

BobbyD likes this.
  8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Very hard to assess the quality of this squad like it was in the final months of Jose's reign. Plenty of those same players then had superb seasons the following year as we won the league.

It's not all the manager's fault but he probably has to go now. And would have gone this summer anyway. You cant move on half the squad so if the manager can't keep them in check then its far easier to sack the manager sadly.

Maybe now is the time to finally give youth a chance as well. We clearly can't compete with the Manchester clubs, spain or PSG for the top players and we have some very good youth players as proved with our success at this level. Mix this with 2-3 quality signings a year and we'll be alright.

9. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Hes definitely lost his enthusiasm. Whenever the camera moved to him last night he didn't even look like he wanted to be there. Last season he was on the touch line every game trying to make things happen.

Whilst there is obviously more to it than that it'll be interesting to see how long he stays because to me it's blatantly obvious that he's losing or has already lost any interest.

10. Chelsea Pensioner

How do we e mail this post to RA and his Russian Mafia?
    Your solution has been in front of their lobotomised brains for 5 years. Too much of Romans Vodka and Bollinger down the throats seems to have has taken its' toll.
    You know what? Youth players don't bring them fame by association in the Monaco Boat Harbour or the New York and Mediterranean Clubs.
    Russians are all about show and glitz and ostentatious consumption.
    Well run, successful businesses don't rate alongside the glamour of Celebrity, like football stars. Therein lies the problem methinks.

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Shame if he goes.

Delivered us a title though.

That's football, especially at Chelsea.

BobbyD likes this.
  12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Aye, sacking a manager is like water off a ducks back with me now.
    As Chelsea fans we have been putting up with this **** for over 10 years now, ever since Jose's first **** canning.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Not just us either, players have far too much power nowadays and know managers come and go so quick so they don't have to fight for their careers in the way players 20-30 years ago would have had to.

Obviously worked to our advantage in 2012 though with AVB getting the boot. Can't see that happening this year though!!

14. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

Incredible that it's come to this but shipping 7 goals to dross brings back memories of Rotherham in the 80s - we're better than this and unfortunately for Conte the buck stops with him. As for some of the charity cases who make up our squad be assured their time will come; as it stands we're be lucky to be in contention for Europa cup places never mind CL - so it's time for the Board to move back in the home and start cleaning up if we are salvage anything from this farce.

BobbyD likes this.
  15. Chelsea Pensioner

We have fallen so far behind in the overall quality of our players that no Manager, no matter how brilliant, can win anything with the players provided by RA and Maria Skantiesdropoffavich. Europa may well be a step too far by the end of next season.
    The good news for RA is, he can recoup the bucketload he spent on this years dross by cancelling the new Stadium, he won't need it when we're in the Championship.

16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Breathe

17. Chelsea Pensioner

Will do !!!

Interesting article in the BBC Sport site about Conte not losing his job and a footnote by a bloke called Alex Churchill, Chelsea Supporters Club. Sums up my feelings better than I have and suggests common sense might be about to happen.
    Good read.

18. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

Personally, I’ve been very disappointed with the loss of Nathan Ake to Bournemouth and seeing Loftus Cheek put out on loan to Palarse. I consider these players to be better than the players brought into their positions. Whether this was Conte’s decision - who knows? I’m also not sure about the redevelopment of the ground because I like the quirkiness of the current Stamford Bridge. At the end of the day I’m not the owner of Chelsea, I’m just a supporter and I’ll go with the flow that’s now becoming a rollercoaster ride.

Bodinki likes this.
  19. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

The new stadium design looks like a ****ing egg slicer, it is horrendous.
    Spurs new stadium looks awesome, so does the Emirates, and ours looks like some dystopian **** hole.

Also agree that Loftus-Cheek, Ake and Abraham should have been part of our squad this season and used in rotation and in cup games.
    But as we all know, the Chelsea first XI is adverse to youth players.
    The piling pressure on managers after ****ty results doesn't help. They are not going to feel confident in taking a risk and leaving their job in the hands of a bunch of kids.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  20. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Ronaldo does not seem to happy with Real these days. What about swopping Hazard for our egotistical, vanity driven friend?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018