1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nottingham Forest Preview

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Nov 29, 2018.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Hey.

Going to ignore comment like that until February. Sure, Hurst has built us a rubbish side- but until we know who we sign in January, the intent there.... foolish to entirely write a season off yet- though doesn’t look good.

You guys are having a great season. Think you will end up play offs, which would be a terrific season then the lottery.

2. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks. Yes, the words 'feelgood' and 'factor' have
    certainly made a reappearance at Carrot Road - long may it continue <ok>

3. Westlake33

Yeah you're having a good season to date - done well to keep faith with Farke. Have to see where you end up, I'd say 4/5 yet ( not a pop think better sides ) but the more 3 points you put on the board - who knows! You'll know more than me by watching.

As for us, well it's a painful season - however - fans thought it'd be plain sailing without McCarthy. Comedy gold really this season so far.

Somehow though, as crap as we are, we're not 100% up to the mast and buried yet - which we should be. Thank god for other pants sides too, and roll on January! Over to you Evans, what are you going to allow Lambert to do.........

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

You’re kidding yourself. Not only are we not one of the top 10 form sides in the division, under Lambert we are by some stretch the worst in the division and not even competitive with the sides directly above us.

There is not going to be any significant investment in January either by the way, we will have to see whether there are any significant changes to the structure of the club / management over the course of the season and then see what the summer brings.

In many ways, the worst thing that could happen would be being relegated by a narrow margin. At least if we’re the whipping boys there can be no excuses and it will send a loud and clear message to Marcus Evans and he may actually get that message.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

One team mini league I said Westy, not 5 team.

6. Westlake33

Tell you what, lets just agree.

Yes Hampy!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2018
  7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

If we survive I’ll give you a hundred quid how’s that Westy?

8. Mike_Holmes1990

Mike_Holmes1990 Well-Known Member

We're gone, we need about 5 more wins than those around us to get out of the drop zone. And then to match any more points they get, which will likely include more 3 points. We've won 7 all calender year. Great Escape wouldn't cover it. Miraculous escape maybe.

9. Westlake33

I'm not exactly hopeful either but until we're a lot further adrift I'm not going to believe a season is over with less than 50% played. That to me would be ridiculous.

All I can do is see what happens - roll on January so Lambert has a chance of undoing this absolute mess Paul Hurst has created.

10. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

It’s not ridiculous Westy for precisely that point. We may well go into January with a 9 or 10 point handicap, which would mean if you want to think of it as a half season league we have to switch from being the worst side in the division to, over a half season league, being in the top six form sides. We would need to win at least ten games. It would take a miracle.

11. Castro Sito

Castro Sito Well-Known Member

I think it was Lambert that pointed out the January window is tricky, players are less likely to move clubs than they are in the summer. I hope that doesn’t mean money is just thrown at whoever we can get in.
    The club probably needs to start preparing for the worst. Of course you never know in football, there’s always the hope.

Westlake33 and itfcptc like this.
  12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Sometimes things in football are certain. Just as Gibraltar are not going to win Euro 2020 and Manchester United are not going to win the Premier League this season, Town are not going to survive this season.