1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not606 GPRO Team

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by El_Bando, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

1. Running 25 Laps with a Hairpin priority will give ~ 1.8 P, 1.8 H, 14.4 A.
    Running 20 Laps with a Cornering priority will give ~ 1.4 P, 11.5 H, 1.4 A.
    Running 10 Laps with a Overtake priority will give ~ 3.6 P, 1.8 H, 1.8 A.
    Running 10 Laps with a Setup priority will give ~ 0.1 P, 0.1 H, 0.1 A.
    Running 05 Laps with a Setup priority will give ~ 0.1 P, 0.1 H, 0.1 A.
    Running 20 Laps with a Test car limits priority will give ~ 0.4 P, 0.4 H, 0.4 A.

give or take points but thats generally what your getting hope it helps, the points are in effect aftr 3 races so its good to check what the tracks attributes in p h a will be and work on that.

2. happyal

happyal Active Member

My driver sucks, always losses loads of places at the start, and has lost about a place a lap at the moment. I got the tryes wrong :(

3. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Currently in 5th but I think I have gone too aggressive on my fuel load so I am expecting a bad ending to the race. :(

EDIT: Going on a very rough estimation of my fuel consumption I think it is going to VERY close. I estimate I will be two laps too short but I am hoping this is wrong. My race pace is good, at the moment I am the lead driver that has pitted.

4. happyal

happyal Active Member

Half way into the race, better than I was, maybe looking at top 10 at the moment.

Edit - I take it back about my driver, he got me 3rd in the end. Playing the long game worked well for me at this track.

How did everyone else do?

5. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

I made a mistake when choosing tyres, and choose extra softs. I worked with what i had , and done a 4 stopper. Tyre wear was better than i thought, and if i had put in more fuel i could of got a 3 stopper. Got a technical problem for the last 7 laps and finished 9th, but could of got between 6th - 8th. Got the fastest lap, and most of the way through the race i was lapping in top 3.

All in all not as bad as i feared !.

6. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Was running 3rd until the 67th laps where I had to pit for fuel, finished 7th. <grr>

7. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

my 2 stop strategy on 70 litres to begin with with for fast qualifying and 90 litres in next 2 stints on soft tyres was perfect, i had a good qualifying spot and pit before the other 2 stoppers while they where still stuck behind slow cars, tho my driver made too many mistakes in the end and last pit stop was a shocker and put me behind a real slow car. could of finished 4th but finished 7th instead. im happy but cnt help but feel a little dissapointed. next ones raining i think i got good data for this one

8. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I was 5th and pitted on the same lap and ended 9th =(

I was sure the strategy was right! will have to make amendments to my fuel data ive collected

9. happyal

happyal Active Member

Anyone got a setup for the next race, and any idea how long the rain tryes last?

10. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

I have not qualfied yet but I have done some rough estimates on how long the wet weather tyres will last using my limited data on them. I am not really sure exactly how long they will last because the three time I have used them it has been on tracks with medium tyre wear while this one is very high. The three time I have used them I have roughly estimate that they would last 98km, 105km, 90km, and that is going all the way down to almost 0% which you do not really want to do. So I do not really know how long they will last here but if it is raining the entire race then I think it is going to have to be a three stopper.

11. TheModestMatt

TheModestMatt Member

Started 14th, went for a 4 stopper and ended up 7th, if only i went for 2 stops with the medium tyres :p. Though im doomed for the next race, i forgot you can only update the car once and currently have a gearbox with 86% wear and brakes with 86% wear, i think its fair to say its a guaranteed DNF for me lol.

12. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

do you reacon Fuel burn rate will be lower if raining?

13. happyal

happyal Active Member

Yes, I would say that raining means less feul, how much I've got no idea I'm afriad.

14. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

I think so because you will be going slower so should use less fuel, however I do not know by how much, we have had a few races where it has rained for part of the race so might be able to get an estimate from that.

15. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

hey guys, so i had a few past rain races and best one i had was jerez wich is high fuel consumption and very high tyre wear also but it was dry for first 12 laps on and off so i worked out the ratios for the rest of the race and so for the tyre wear it was 1.320 kms per 1 percent wear and 1.776 kms per litre. this may be a bit off but its the best i got and seems pretty accurate. the rain tyres will not be enough for a 1 stopper but with a 2 stopper it seems perfect with the amount of fuel ur putting in and ull have on estimation about maybe 20-30 or more percent tread left. my strategy will be a 2 stopper with 58 litres at start and 58 for both stints. u could add a bit more fuel to be safe.

16. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Thanks for the info Ben, really useful because I have not got much rain data. <ok>

Currently on pole position, set up is:

FW: 534
    RW: 549
    ENG: 590
    BRA: 404
    GEA: 592
    SUS: 493

17. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

ur welcome, and i kno uv already done ur qualifying which pole is great so far i assume ur driver loves the wet. with ur wings settings u will gain at least 0.5 with a 100 difference both ways, for example u do a 1.22 for ur best practise at 600 for front and rear wings, u will gain more time with a 700 front wings and 500 for the rear. ur wings should add up the same but front and rear should have a 200 difference if that makes sense. here are my settings;
    FWing RWing Engine Brakes Gear Susp Tyres Risk
    1:21.464s 725 525 625 500 625 500 Rain Keep the car on the track

18. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

My driver really is poor at qualifying but awsome in the race. I have a jenson button it seems

19. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

lol i have the oppistite i have a filipe massa, good qualifying but **** race

20. happyal

happyal Active Member

I'm stupid, I started on dry tryes :( Will need to pit any minute now to change tryes.