1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Not606 GPRO Team

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by El_Bando, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

My strategy was perfect!ish, started 15th and finished 4th with 1 litre left in my tank. Joint 2nd in the league. Some bastards have hijacked my sponsorship negotiations though. <grr>

2. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

After an appalling qualifying (23rd) I take heart from a 9th place finish, still yet to get that ellusive first point yet. Running in 3rd at one point and ended up finishing with 0% fuel and lost 8th on the pneultimate lap <grr>

3. happyal

happyal Active Member

Was not quite as bad as I thought it was going to be. I finished the race but I'd already sabotaged myself with my strategy. The tyres could of done much more than I thought, I did 4 stops, but could of got away with 3. At least I got some data for next time.

I finished 12th, which was much better than I expected. I was last for quite a bit. Also my driver couldn&#8217;t overtake very well, so I got held up all the time. I do feel sorry for one guy in our group. He was mile quicker than everyone, more or less lapped the whole field, but retired on the second to last lap, he finished 13th.

On to Monza, I&#8217;ve gone for 2 stops on Medium tyres. Here are my settings (we ran this late last year, so I have some data on it :) )

Front &#8211; 165
    Rear &#8211; 180
    Engine &#8211; 888
    Brakes &#8211; 460
    Gear &#8211; 775
    Suspension &#8211; 795

4. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Just qualified for Monza currently in 3rd but probably go down a bit.

I still think the drivers ahead in quali are just doing glory runs. im 2 secs slower than the pole man but his race positions have been 26th and 28th. Interesting though as the pole man is now my rival in the cup!

you may notice another driver is highlighted purple that means you are against him in the cup and will have to beat him in a best of 3 to proceed to the next round.

Race set up:
    FW: 165
    RW: 180
    E: 887
    B: 500
    G: 960
    S: 800
    Tyres: Soft for 2 stopper
    Fuel: 83 88 88

Last time I finished 7th here so I have good hopes for another haul of points

5. happyal

happyal Active Member

I wondered what that meant, thank you.

I've gone for 95 litres of fuel in the first stint, with Medium tyres, at the moment I'm second on the grid, but I won't be for long.

My first Q1 time is:1:33.226, Q2 time is:1:35.720, which I think is OK, BUT I think my driver is good in qualifying but not so good in the race, I think that you have the opposite, and have a good race driver. I have signed my driver up for another 17 races, otherwise I would be looking for a new driver.

I'm still hoping for point this race, fingers crossed.

6. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Hopefully I can do better than I did last time at Monza where the rain screwed my strategy up and I ended up having to pit 9 times finishing 12th.

Set up:
    FW: 165
    RW: 180
    E: 829
    B: 471
    G: 853
    S: 702

3rd for my Q1 and Q2 times and 3rd overall, currently.

My rival guy is last so I should beat him if my suspension can hold up for this race, at the moment it is 73%.

7. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

hey guys i just joined this site and noticed that u guys are on gpro also. i just joined it a start of season 27 so still fairly new but gettin the hang of it. i look foward to sharing setups and info u guys sound like great guys and call me jett.

8. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

Well that was a ****ing disaster! I had a technical problem almost straight away which meant I was trundling around in 30th place for most of the race until my suspension broke and I retired. <grr> If that was not enough now a lot of my parts need replacing on my car which will cost loads. <grr>

9. Paco Montoya

Paco Montoya Active Member

Was heading for my first poitn when my guy made an error and I came 9th for the second race running <grr>

10. happyal

happyal Active Member

Not a great race from me either, just plain slow from my end. I had the wrong tryes, I used medium, and at the end of the pit stops I had loads of use left in them.

Only thing to take away from the race is some data, and I'll know better next time.

11. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

7th place..... even though its still points, I seem to be on a backwards trend. I might have to hit the test track before the next race

12. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

Bad race for all of us then, got a technical problem around half way through the race dropped from 4th to 19th and then retired.

13. inglis11

inglis11 Member

Im new to this i only started with 3 races to go last season but the hints ive had from here have been really helpful so thanks for that, i messed up as well i had to pit for fuel from 3rd on lap 51 and came out in 8th place which even though i was pissed off for messing my fuel up i was happy with a point, then my driver made a mistake on the last lap and i ended up 9th.(if i new how to there wud be an angry face here). Anyway i need help again, on my sponsors negotiations page there is a little yellow exclamtion mark and it says at the bottom, Shows that a negotiation needs urgent attention, but i dont know what to do so any help wud be appriciated

14. Sportydan

Sportydan Active Member

Set up for Anderstorp :

FW: 290
    RW: 240
    E: 720
    B: 760
    G: 500
    S: 240

Need a good race, im 5M in the red <whistle>

15. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Strategy for the next race calculated by 'GO'

2 Stop with Soft Tyres

<ok>

16. happyal

happyal Active Member

Trying 1 stopper, using Hard tryes. I think Medium tryes will work but I'm playing safe.

My fuel is 125, 125

My setup is:

FW: 275
    RW: 335
    E: 835
    B: 745
    G: 645
    S: 325

Not expecting anything here :(. I seem to have no pace at the moment, also trying to save some money I have only replaced 1 part on my car, hoping that it will be enough to get to the finish. I don't expect to score points here.

17. happyal

happyal Active Member

Hello,

I'll do my best to answer this.

Click on sponsors negotiations,
    Then click on teh sponsor with the yellow exclamtion mark
    On the right hand side of teh page they will be asking you a question that you need to answer for them.

Hope thie helps.

18. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

At the moment I am P2 on the grid. <diva>

My data and GO gave me the same strategy as Bando's, so it is a two stopper on soft tyes for me as well, that seems to be the best strategy the majority of time.

The bad news is that my car was in very bad shape after the last disastrous race so I had to spend almost £10m on repairs. <yikes>

19. Ben Schulz

Ben Schulz Member

hey guys, has any one calculated the effects temperature and humidity has on tyre and fuel, im pretty sure the higher the humidity the higher the fuel injected and the the higher the temperature the more tyre wear. this would help on the data i have collected on how the fuel load effects the tyre wear.as for my strategy for anderstop i will go off the data i colected from last weeks race, i went for a 1 stopper for monza with medium tyres and 135 litres both stints which was advised not to do by my teammates because they thought the tyres wouldnt last. i did it anyway for the good data. i did a one stopper because i wanted to see how the pit in/out time would affect the 2 stop strategy. when i did my calculations i looked at valencia wich has medium tyre wear also and the tyres on medium lasted halfway at 1.546 km per percent wear and calculated that it would take me halfway minus the fuel load and track temperature, the fuel in monza is a bit more than valencia thus more wear but when i looked at the temperature and humid difference the valencia track on the day was more than tonights race by 15 plus! i figured with a 15 degree difference the amount of wear would be relatively similar. i wanted to gain information to see how far off i was for further data, what do you think? if anyone has worked out anything similar then maybe we could share data. My strategy will be a 2 stopper on soft tyres. my start fuel will be 70 litres to get a good qualifying position with relatively light fuel and since its hard to overtake get that that track position and not only that but pit bit earlier than the other 2 stoppers and then 90 litres for my 2 stops.

20. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Ive just completed a bit of testing:

Track:
    Fuji Japan

My Setup (Basic):

Tyres:
    I tested Soft, Medium and Hard Tires as this is a Medium Track

Fuel:
    Medium Fuel burn 3.6 Litres per lap.

Researched:
    Top Speed 20 Laps
    OverTaking 20 Laps
    Cornering 20 Laps
    Breaking 20 Laps

Results:
    Test Points P:23.2 H:23.7 A:10

I will upgrade my R&D for the next race to get the most out of my testing and hopefully I should get the upgrades in 3 races time. Testing cost me £1M