1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel's Done One

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by abournetiger, May 13, 2019.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Simple, he received an offer in March, he has spoke to the owners on a one to one since and I presume any questions or doubts he had were raised then. The club have said they want to keep him. But he hasn't signed yet. Why do you find that strange ? Has he received any other offers ?

2. Tickton Tiger.

Maybe he doesn't think it's important ? After all he is under contact until the end of this month.
    Or he is obviously unhappy about some thing or another in the contract and I don't think it will involve money.
    Or he is edging his bets and leaving himself open to other offers ?
    Either way the ball is in his court. He has a contract on the table to sign and he hasn't signed it.
    I don't think the club will wait much longer.

3. GerryHatrick

GerryHatrick Well-Known Member

Ha ha, and we all know what their time keeping is like.
    Strange though how Adkins is another manager that appears to be hesitant when dealing with the owners.

Stockholm Tiger likes this.
  4. GerryHatrick

GerryHatrick Well-Known Member

It's almost a mirror image of how the owners have dealt with the supporters.
    Take the concessions .... discussed it ages ago, they (or their reps) have had meetings, supporters have raised questions or doubts and look what's happened.
    They are salesmen/businessmen except they don't sell, they tell. Not everyone buys into that.

PLT likes this.
  5. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I think he would have signed any half-decent contract offered to him and his concerns are more with having a competitive
    team next season than anything else . If he doesn't sign I know where I'm going to lay the blame and it isn't with Nigel .

6. amberman8

amberman8 Well-Known Member

I suspect he has been offered 12 months..he will want 24 month At least if he sees a tough season ahead. In case he gets sacked.

7. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

How the **** would I know if he's received any other offers? Although I strongly suspect he hasn't received any offers. He'd have taken any half decent one.

Strange? You said he's had an offer on the table since March. That's something we all already know, so I assumed you had something more to tell us.

SW3 Chelsea Tiger likes this.
  8. Tickton Tiger.

I'm saying the ball's in his court. The club will not wait forever and Adkins is playing a dangerous game if your assumption is correct and he hasn't been offered anything from anyone else.
    So who's holding who to ransom ?

9. Kempton

Isn't it in Allams court? Nigel clearly isn't happy with the terms of the contract. What's wrong with that?

10. Tickton Tiger.

Depends what you want to believe. I see it like this. The Allams gave Adkins a leg up back into management when no-one else would and now they have offered him another contract when, on your assumption, no-one else as.
    What's wrong with that ?

11. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

It depends on what the offer is though doesn't it ? Do you think Nigel Adkins is demanding a massive pay rise or something ?

Kempton likes this.
  12. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

We helped you out, so now you owe us, work for peanuts you ****.

Usual Allam approach.

13. Kempton

Maybe Nigel Adkins has some dignity and won't have anyone taking the piss?

14. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

This is our 5th manager in 3 years.

The recruiting and retention of the manager should be the most important job in the club.

At City it just seems there is just no vision of how we want to play or how to achieve it (let alone promotion), just a very old fashioned lower league concept of hiring someone in a suit, ideally cheap, who will tolerate a low budget and zero support, and try and get a tune out of a random bunch of professionals.

It's a death spiral and increases the instability at City, so that investors, sponsors and potential players think "No thanks- it's a mess there"

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  15. NaNaNa

NaNaNa Active Member

Nige may well be prepared to take his whole management team elsewhere and if that means waiting until December for the first championship sacking then so be it.

It's a dick waving contest and I'd say its currently at stalemates with Nigel and co having a slight chubby to play with while the Allams only have a nubbin.

16. Tickton Tiger.

I posted what I know which is the truth. Your post is based on make believe. How do you know the details of Adkins current salary or what the contract currently on the table involves?
    I agree with City Man, the retention of the manager should be the number one priority of the club. A contract has been offered and a wish made public that the owners want Adkins to stay.
    So the ball is in the managers court. Either he wants it or he doesn't.
    We can all speculate why there seems to be a delay although Adkins contract isn't up for another three weeks yet. I wish it was sorted but it's not my decision or anyone else but the manager and his assistant to make. There may also be factors we don't know about why there is a delay, on both sides.
    The clock is certainly ticking for all parties involved and decisions will have to be made very soon.

17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Wonder how much those peanuts are??

18. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Limbo is not in the interest of anyone involved.

Parties need to see the bigger picture, clock is ticking etc

Manager not keen? Find one who is

No point in having an unhappy and resentful manager after months of stalemate, nor a summer of non recruitment of players (yet again).

19. Ernie Shackleton

Ernie Shackleton Well-Known Member

Dunno, but I hope they're jungle fresh.

20. Tickton Tiger.

'Manager not keen ?'
    'Find one that is'
    Exactly, if Nige doesn't fancy it, I'm sure they'll be plenty of applicants cv's already in the 'in' tray.
    I asked earlier, 'who's holding who to ransom here ?'