1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Nigel's Done One

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by abournetiger, May 13, 2019.

1. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

The same council who are intending putting an even bigger security gate around the Guildhall for exactly the same reasons, but we are paying for that one.

2. Baldrick's Cunning Plan

Baldrick's Cunning Plan Well-Known Member

We shall return!

When you hire a crowdfunded blimp are you allowed to let it fly around with the word xxxxs next to an image?

3. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I know it didn't. You seem to skim read a lot, based on your responses. You don't seem to get what the word 'offended' actually means. Annoyed and offended aren't the same thing. Offence is taken at something that is in conflict with your moral stance on the subject. I get annoyed if a bird ****s on my newly washed car, I don't get offended by it. When people say 'oh they're offended', what they actually mean is 'it's mental that they don't get what it is I'm saying, how come they don't think like I do?'. Like you actually sort of want them to be offended so you can scald them for it.

I said that your generation were, for the most part, happy to stand aside in the name of social acceptance and allow gay people, BAME and others to be marginalised and harassed. The current generation coming through as adults don't stand for that. It isn't because they're offended, it's because it's a ****ing ****ty thing to allow to happen and had more people had the balls to tackle it in the 60s and 70s, it probably would have gone a long way to sorting the problem sooner. My generation doesn't stand for it, not one jot. Neither does the generation beneath mine. These kids aren't soppy or soft, they're the exact opposite. There are kids at my school who would happily sit and watch 'It' or play GTA until 2am. There are also kids who go to City and prefer playing football. Any road down, they're smarter, more progressive, more tolerant and more clued in to society than we ever were. The idea that they're 'easily offended' stems from the generation above being shocked that they don't like racist jokes or digs at LGBT people. It doesn't offend them, it annoys them. And so it should. And it should have done 40 years ago.

I was born in the late 80s, I grew up playing outside and video games, I had a nice balance between the two. I first went to City in 1993, so I've been going a decent chunk of my life, I wouldn't chuck the towel in because our owners are dicks. But, I respect those that choose not to go; as the old adage says 'you pay your money, you take your choice'. It doesn't make their opinion on the club any less valid than yours. Now, if you went to a match and they didn't and they said a player was ****, then you're a more reliable source. But I don't think that's what you were alluding to. I didn't fight in the Boer War, but I can have an opinion on it based on historical fact. I would of course concede any incorrect points to somebody who was there or an expert who was more knowledgeable. So if you were telling me about the club in the late 60s, I'd trust what you're saying over somebody that wasn't there. But I'd still listen to the person that wasn't there, because as you alluded to, they're entitled to an opinion and I'd respect that.

4. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Skim reading is a necessity for your posts methinks :emoticon-0105-wink:

5. Steven Toast

It was a game on the N64, a games console that came out in 1997. At the time, it was quite controversial, because Nintendo had always been a more 'family friendly' company. So a game about a foul-mouthed squirrel going through hours of adult content in the style of a family friendly game came as a bit of a shock.

I mean games like that, Resident Evil, Duke Nukem and Mortal Kombat were designed with adults in mind, hence their 18 ratings. We still played them, like. Just had to get our parents to buy them.

howdentiger and dennisboothstash like this.
  6. Steven Toast

If I can type 150 words a minute, I expect people to be able to read as quick...:cheesy:

tigerscanada likes this.
  7. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

I walked down that street this week.

Have done many times over the years.

I think if someone was going to bomb Hull the Guildhall would be well down the list.

I think Private Fraser from Dad's Army must have been the consultant.

8. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

Ah ok
    I’d been a parent for 12 years by then, but don’t remember that on the Christmas list

9. Steven Toast

It sort of went under the radar. Conker had already been in another game called 'Diddy Kong Racing' and was a happy go lucky kid's character. Rare (the software developers) took him and made him into a foul-mouthed drunkard who shot weasels and brutalised teddy bears.

dennisboothstash likes this.
  10. City Man

Rubbish.

11. Steven Toast

Go on, why's it rubbish? I'll wait.

12. City Man

You'll have to.

Off out now.

13. Edelman

Edelman Well-Known Member

Don't waste your time Sterling !

14. Steven Toast

That's fine. I'll make sure I pick you up on it when you next post.

Have fun, sweetie.

15. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Sorry mate but you will never win the Best fan who is allowed an opinion if you've only been going since 1993 but as you say you've been going a good chunk of your live that percentage will move you up the table a fair way.

Edelman likes this.
  16. Steven Toast

I don't want to win anything, I'm not talking about knowledge of the club, I'm talking about making the decision about who is a fan and who isn't.

Edelman likes this.
  17. tigerscanada

It took me a nano-second to read "I...that." A little longer to type the response. :emoticon-0100-smile

18. Edelman

I think to be a superfan you need to be between 57 to 70 years old !

19. tigerscanada

Exclusionist. What about the + 70's demographic ?

20. Edelman

Yeah ok then :emoticon-0102-bigsm