1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Next England Manager

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by HHH, Jun 27, 2016.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd like to us to win something, if that means getting in a foreign coach, then fine.

Leon T Trout AFC likes this.
  2. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

Because he's Northern Irish and wants England to do ****.

3. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

I'd far rather have Beckham than Southgate, he'd command the respect of the players and he's as passionate about England as anyone.

4. Quill

Quill Bastard

Harry Redknapp's been on 5Live and had a right go at the idea of Southgate as manager. Even mentioned Brucey.

"Why should he (Southgate) get the job ahead of Allardyce or Bruce who are proven managers? He went to the Euro U21s and didn't win a game. We've won a 2nd rate tournament at Toulon. So that makes him England manager? Scary."

Agree with OLM on Beckham - would rather him than Southgate. Though really keep both well away.

5. bum_chinned_crab

What Harry means there is "why should Southgate get the job ahead of me?"

Mr Hatem likes this.
  6. Quill

Quill Bastard

Probably. Though I'd have Redknapp over Southgate too.

And I detested the idea of Harry getting the job back in 2012. Now in hindsight it looks like he might have been the better choice. Though I wanted Hoddle.

7. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

Kevin Keegan was passionate. Passion doesn't win anything without organisational ability. And players who can be organised.

8. Irememberwaggy

Irememberwaggy Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that he would have the respect of all the players - that's just speculation - but even if he did then that, and passion for England, is not enough. Kevin Keegan had all of that & look what happened! We need a Manager with proven success, who will command respect and is passionate about England. The trouble is I'm not sure that there is anyone. I think it would be a mistake to go backwards - so Hoddle is out of the running. Probably someone like Sam Allardyce would fit the bill - but his face doesn't fit with the establishment, nor with many supporters who don't like his "style" of football. The trouble is there are not many Managers with the three attributes above who can also walk on water, which is what some people seem to want!

9. Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR

Mrs. BLUE_MOUNTAINS_BEAR Well-Known Member

They certainly would disagree with that statement. Unbeaten in 9 games since they employed an Australian coach following their WC debacle. Went to see England complete a 3-0 series whitewash of the Wallabies in Sydney last weekend and their fans were pretty happy.

bum_chinned_crab likes this.
  10. bum_chinned_crab

People always say Stuart Pearce was passionate and he's one of the worst managers to ever work in the game.

11. bum_chinned_crab

If Allardyce got the job I'd support Scotland. The most loathsome man I've met in football (apart from Jimmy Bullshit).

12. citycityhull

citycityhull Well-Known Member

Capello was spot on when he came in and we need someone simillar to that again, ie get a grip of the players, instill a system, and have players a little fearfull of him. Capello went wrong by becoming a dictator and been too harsh in the end and as a result lost the players.

Personally I dont want any of the names banded around in the press, I want a proven winner who can stand in front of the players and tell them to shut up and listen because he has been there and got the medals.

I am sick of England rolling over then churning out excuses (too tired, the press hounded us, season too long, we let the nation down but tried our best). I am sick of players been picked on reputation and club status, Whiltshire did nothing all season, Rooney did nothing all season, sterling the same. Lets have a manager who will say sod reputation, you are not in form, your out.

Hiddink ticks that box for my liking, as does dick advocarrt

sadly it will be Southgate.....

Clovis Iscariot likes this.
  13. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

If a retiring player has all the right attributes, then there's no reason he can't start without having gone out and managed a load of clubs already, look at Guardiola at Barca, or Zidane or Real Madrid. It won't happen, but I think Beckham would actually make a decent England manager.

14. bum_chinned_crab

The first day Conte took over at Juve he called a team meeting and angrily said "We've just finished 7th in the league two years in a row. Come on...this is Juventus. We will never be that **** again."

He was right.

15. Mr Hatem

Mr Hatem Well-Known Member

You are too young to remember why Hoddle left as England manager.
    He was paying for sins in a previous life obviously .

16. bum_chinned_crab

In an interview recently he said he never said those things and was stitched up by a journo with an agenda, He did say he believes in life after death but not the disability punishment thing.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

He's said these things on more than one occasion, these are his own words in a recorded interview for 5 Live in 1999...

"I have got an inner belief and an inner faith with God. I do believe spiritually we have to progress because we've been here before. The physical body is just an overcoat for your spirit. At death you take the overcoat off and your spirit will go on to another life in a spirit dimension."

"I think we make mistakes when we are down here and our spirit has to come back and learn. That's why there is an injustice in the world. Why there's certain people born into the world with terrible physical problems and why there's a family who has got everything right, physically and mentally."

18. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

Heard & read a lot of people today suggesting we limit the number of foreign players in squads & teams so that it gives more opportunities to home grown talent & that exiting the EU may give the FA & PL a chance to achieve this.

Also heard & read many suggesting we should only employ an English Manager.

This doesn't appear very progressive, or culturally diverse.

19. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

How many foreign players were in the league when we failed to qualify for the World Cup in 1974, they
    Euros in 1976 and the World Cup in 1980?
    The one difference then was every successful team from the 1950s on had some Scots in who would have walked into an England team if they had been eligible whereas now there aren't.

Not only not progressive or diverse, sexist as well. Perhaps an ethnic minority lesbian should be considered.

20. BOJACKHCAFCMAN

BOJACKHCAFCMAN Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if Bruce doesn't put in for the job, whether he is the right man for it I don't know. He's certainly not as decrepit as Woy. Maybe he could be the sort of fella that fans can get behind unlike Woy.