1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by luvgonzo, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

I like that team above but I expect we might pay 40 odd million for Rugani. Luiz should suit Sarri but as defender in a back 4 he doesn't really cut it for me.

Golovin in the midfield 3 with Willian out wide would be nice too!

2. BobbyD

BobbyD President

yea, one thing about luiz is he has his brainfarts. He is the ball playing centre back though and hopefully jorginho is clever enough to cover for him if he decides to run up (or dave).

I really hate having willian out wide. We just lack width when he's there especially when Hazard is in the side too. Both of them want to go through the middle and that's why we struggled last season when teams go compact and string 3 across the middle.

3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

I feel we have the players tbh plus some great talent out on loan.Feel Zola will get the best out of what
    we've got.For me City are the stand out team and there's not much between the 4 or 5 chasing.

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

We have some players but what we don't have is a team of players that blend and complement each other. This is due in my opinion, to 2 things. First, lousy recruiting of too much mediocrity in midfield, and second not enough youth being used. Loftus cheek should be the first kid picked alongside Kante,with Ethan Ampadu very close behind. Add Jorginho and we would be humming. Sarri is no fan of kids apparently, but boy does he have some good ones to work with.
    A ball playing defender like Luiz ( or Luiz revitalised ) is needed to join the back to this middle then you might see our strikers ( Abraham and Michy perhaps) get some decent ball, and the front, middle and back join seamlessly. One can hope.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018