1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by luvgonzo, Jun 27, 2018.

1. BobbyD

BobbyD President

how much do we have to pay them and when are you free to ship them over?

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  2. The Ginger Marks

If they will accept £100,000 for each I have two easy jet tickets available (on way).

3. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

Anyone that thinks he's to good for the shirt can hop it as far as i'm concerned.Hope the knew bloke takes some
    interest in the huge amount of talent we have out on loan......Looks like we'll be playing a 4 3 3 again just as the rest of
    the league copied our 3 5 2 system<laugh>...Its going to be different and very interesting to say the least.

4. Bullet tooth Tony

Bullet tooth Tony Well-Known Member

Optimistic and yet looking forward to the season with an mix of trepidation and hope. I have no idea how this season will unfold the only thing I am sure of is...….. I'm Chelsea till I die no matter who owns, manages, or mis-manages. You have to look back at where we were to appreciate where we are and given recent successes remember them nothing is permanent, if it moves one day it will break down.

5. Bullet tooth Tony

Sarri it is then, comes with a reputation for attacking football.

6. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

Interesting appointment. Plays exciting attractive football but hasn't won anything at top flight. How long before Chelsea get sick of watch exciting football but being trophyless?

Not saying he won't win anything but winning the PL or CL with that brand of football is difficult.

As a neutral I'm happy to see a team with very good players try to play exciting football. Which is what Chelsea should be doing with top class attacking players.

7. Bullet tooth Tony

8. Bullet tooth Tony

Unless you are Pep Guardiola with a bottomless pit of money.

lazarus20000 likes this.
  9. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

If Sarri favours 433 the thought of Kante, Jorginho and Loftus Cheek at some point is quite exciting.

10. lazarus20000

True and that includes other teams like Real and Barca. But saying that Chelsea have very good players and if he gets things right, who knows.

Bullet tooth Tony and Blueman like this.

11. armchairblue

Just seen Zola's going to be his number 2 which as made my day<laugh><laugh>....
    All of a sudden i'm excited about next season...COYB'S

Bullet tooth Tony and Blueman like this.
  12. lazarus20000

Maybe the boss wants to make Chelsea more likeable and you can't get more likeable than Zola. Hope he gives the post match talks too.

13. Bullet tooth Tony

How moods can be reversed with a few pieces of good news. I'm looking forward to the season now.

14. armchairblue

If it was the new managers idea to bring him in i see as a masterstroke tbh(always wanted Conte to do the same).
    Sari likes to play an attacking 4 3 3 system...can anyone think of a better number 2 for that system?...

lazarus20000 likes this.
  15. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Problem is you need attacking players to play attacking football.that means we need at least 2 new midfielders, 2 strikers and 2 CDs as well as keeping Hazard but even more so Kante.
    With our transfer budget, good luck with that.
    We might have to get used to not winning for a couple of years. Problem there is when the rebuild is 2 years into its plan, RA bins the manager and starts again. Sari looks the best choice out there, Zola is Chelsea through and through, so there is reason to be cheerful for sure.

16. lazarus20000

What exactly is RA's angle? Is his priority to win stuff or play better? You'll certainly be playing better football with Sari but realistically, you won't be winning as much with so many sharks swimming in the PL pool. Will Sari get time to rebuild in his own vision or will he get the same treatment as the rest?

17. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Disagree.

I think we have some great attacking players. Also coaching can help.

Conte was great for us but once his plan and structural football was found out he failed to adapt. Maybe he would have if given time but we are now onto a new chapter.

I think we lack some pace in the up front positions but I think our strikers are good if given the correct tactics. Willian, hazard and Pedro can be great players.

We still have Kante and jorginho is potentially the ball player we need

18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Saying that though I expect us to move one of willian or hazard on. Hopefully Pedro hasn't lost his legs but I hope he gets plenty of opportunities under sarri

19. lazarus20000

Your new manager has plenty of quality to work with at Chelsea. You'll need strengthening but no where near as some say here. My team had some serious deficiency especially in midfield, but our transfer business has fixed a lot of those. I don't see any major weaknesses in your squad to be honest, you have a very good all round first team which is capable of challenging for the PL. A few of these under performing players will get another chance with new man Sari. He also comes across as a good man manager as well as a technician who should get these guys playing better. An obvious guy i can think of is Morata, Sari could rejuvenate and make him one of the best forwards in the PL.

Both our clubs are in similar positions so it's exciting to see what both our teams do. We also meet each other in pre-season, so that should be interesting.

20. BobbyD

BobbyD President

we will see. Going 3-4-3 the one of the things i noticed is that (at least under conte) if teams pressed us and marked our wingers/strikers closely, we'd be boxed in and couldn't play it out. This is partly because we didn't play with a quick winger making runs in behind, the oppositions defensive line could have high line and with morata who couldn't hold it up unlike costa meant we'd lose the ball (plus conte likes the wingers to drop in a bit more, less for hazard, more for the opposite side).

We lost our counter attacking threat and lost our threat that way.

It will be interesting how Sarri sets us up.

I'm hoping its something like this:

Courtois
    Azpilicueta Luiz Rudiger Emerson (harsh on alonso)

Kante Jorginho Willian

Pedro Morata Hazard

This is if we keep it on the ground, if we start reverting to chelsea and finding we aren't that good at passing it out then i'd prefer giroud in there as he's a great targetman.

Blueman likes this.