1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Mantis, Feb 17, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

It is an interesting read, but isn't this indicative of a lot of modern players? Leicester being the prime example, when they beat Liverpool in good fashion, after weeks of under performing with Ranieri. But then again, i can site Liverpool too in that game, playing really well, being on form and coming back from a nice break, yet produced some of the sh1itest football performances of the season. Premier league players get paid too much. Every single one of them are millionaires!

2. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Sounds like Ozil needs someone to keep him on his toes.
    Must be extremely frustrating for Arsenal fans.
    When he is on point, there are few better. But he has this silly tendency to slip into complacency and give no effort in certain games, he just disappears.
    Wenger's management style does not seem to compliment this player.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I just think that is Mesut Ozil. He's a class act in a creative sense, but the last player you want on the pitch when your team has to dig in and fight. I'm not sure that there's much more Wenger can do other than what he already is. If a bully like Mourinho can't get any more out of Ozil, then I'm not sure Wenger will. Although Wenger has admitted that Ozil has the talent to offer more to Arsenal. It would be a shame if Ozil went through his career being a 75% player, because he could be one of the worlds best with a bit more fight.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

But he did, Under Jose, Ozil was the best no 10 on the planet.

5. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He also played in a stellar Real team with nowhere near the competition he faces in the premier league. I think it shows that the PL is a tougher place to play than La Liga rather than Mourinho getting more out of him.

6. lazarus20000

Great player but is in the wrong team and more importantly league. I don't think we ever got the right balance in our squad and Ozil is the last player you bring in after you have the defensive balance and mentality right. In my opinion we haven't got either correct and it shows when the team deflates when the going gets tough. Ozil isn't the kind of player you want when you have deficiencies like we have and it's shown when Cazorla went out, or the limitations of Coqs, Ramsey and Xhaka.

He's a luxury player, but what a player he is.

7. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

just seeing the talk here of everyone accepting Wenger will sign an extension is so disheartening and saddens me so.

sigh, I think it will happen too, and I'll feel so crushed if it happens.

8. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

Not here to wum, but do you guys think he'll get the boot (the unilateral one, not the one where he puts the boot on and kicks himself) if you finish 5th?

I personally think he'll retire if you get top 4 plus the FA Cup again. Goes out on a relative high and with the foundations in place for his successor.

9. lazarus20000

Unfortunately that's reality mate and has been for a very long time. Only thing that would prompt the Management to act is if Wenger drops out of the top 4, two seasons running and that is not likely unless the opposition becomes more consistent. Liverpool is inconsistent and Spurs seem to find a way of imploding when you least expect it. Wenger has enough tactical know-how and resources available at the club to maintain top 4.

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I don't think Wenger would ever be sacked. He would leave of his own accord. Top 4 is a minimum requirement, so if we finished outside the top 4 I think he would walk.

The only other reason Wenger will go is if we've lined up a replacement. Personally I'm not sure this is happening atm. I fully expect Wenger to be there next season.

11. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I hope so.