1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Manager Poll

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by Simon21-LUFC, Feb 1, 2012.

?

Who should be the next permanent manager of Leeds United AFC?

1. Neil Warnock

2. Roberto Di Matteo

3. Dave Jones

4. Alan Curbishley

5. Sean O'Driscoll

6. Steve Bruce

7. Billy Davies

8. Gus Poyey

9. Gianfranco Zola

10. Gordon Strachan

11. Karl Robinson

12. Steve McLaren

13. Lee Clark

14. Dougie Freedman

15. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Norwayleedsforever

Norwayleedsforever Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people would want Warnock in or why they think he can get us up. He used a hell of alot more mony at QPR than Grayson did at Leeds. So why do people think he can do it under Bates with almost no money?

2. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

please, not shearer or Keane, both a pair of ****s

3. Lewis_LUFC92

Lewis_LUFC92 Member

Would love Warnock to manage us. I just like the idea of us (one of the most hated teams in Britain) and him (one of the most hated managers) working together :emoticon-0150-hands

His wages at QPR were £15,000 a week, twice that of Grayson, so that will be an issue with Bates but i'm sure something could be sorted out.

"It's a massive club, obviously I'm aware of that," said Warnock, who spent seven years managing Yorkshire rivals Sheffield United. "Even in the third tier they were pulling in 30,000. It is a great job for whoever takes over."

He's sounds to me like he's up for it. He's from Yorkshire and i think managing a massive club like Leeds (it makes a change from Sheff U and QPR!) will be too good an opportunity for him to turn down. He'd be disappointed if QPR turned out to be the last club he ever managed and I think he's up for one more challenge. <ok>

HOWEVER, the Express are reporting that Bates is still very good friends with Di Matteo and might be lining him up for the job - "The man brought to England by Bates as a player in 1996 has remained a close personal friend and his wife Zoe and his children were at the 80th birthday bash thrown by Bates at Elland Road before Christmas."

But apparently his wages and the possibility of a compensation package makes him too expensive.

NeilWarnock_415.jpg

Come on Bates, you know it makes sense!!!

4. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

The Mirror suggesting Gwyn Williams might be promoted to a Director of Football role in charge of transfers. This is exactly the same role as Dan Ashworth had when working with Di Matteo at West Brom, with Di Matteo acting more as a first team coach than a full-on manager. If Di Matteo's still good mates with Bates and been at this function recently, I can see the Chelsea Scum trio of Bates-Williams-Di Matteo having a right little love-in. Williams being the man who signed such stars as Nunez, Forssell and Vayrynen.

Makes me really want Warnock, which isn't something I'm happy doing.

5. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Lets hope Di Matteo is at his funeral very soon.

6. Lewis_LUFC92

Lewis_LUFC92 Member

<laugh> Haha, I for one would be doing this on his grave. <party>

Leeds-18, couldn't think of anything worse than this "Chelsea trio" in charge, really hope Di Matteo stays the **** away from our club, he'd just be Bates' little bitch...

7. Lewis_LUFC92

Lewis_LUFC92 Member

8. Josh-LUFC

Josh-LUFC Well-Known Member

I'd like to see SG in a half time team talk coz i can't imagine its anything like that

9. Lewis_LUFC92

Lewis_LUFC92 Member

Haha, exactly. I bet Grayson was too nice whereas Warnock will give the team a well needed kick up the arse. Also heard that Bates offered Warnock the Chelsea job back when he was their chairman so he is obviously a big fan of him.

10. Josh-LUFC

Im not a big fan of him and i hope he doesnt get the job but that team talk was inspiring

11. Lewis_LUFC92

Lewis_LUFC92 Member

Yeah, fair enough, he is very much a love or hate character <ok>

However, his track record in getting teams promoted is fantastic and i think he'll add some much needed fight and grit to the team should he get the job.

12. Josh-LUFC

his track record of getting relegated from the prem isn't great though

13. Lewis_LUFC92

Lewis_LUFC92 Member

Good point but he's never had a full season in charge in the top flight, he's always been sacked before he could turn things around. But yes, his record in the premier league is pretty crap, although that still doesn't take from the fact that he is an expert in this division. We'll cross the prem bridge when we get to it but i certainly think Warnock could get us there. After that, who knows?<ok>

14. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

Looking back at a few old press articles, Warnock seems to have a bit of a thing for Bates. Said after the QPR home game last season that he's running the club well and keeping it ticking over (ha!)

I still think Bates wants an old Chelsea boy in though, to piss off the fans and stamp his jackboot of authority even harder. All the evidence is pointing at Di Matteo.

And we certainly wouldn't be seeing those half-time bollockings from him! By the way, Grayson must have been doing something right at all those dressing room team talks to get the amount of comebacks we did. You don't have to be obnoxious and say '****' every other word to get results... it just helps, I s'pose!

15. Josh-LUFC

Im not saying he wouldn't have been passionate in the dressing room, the amount of times we have had a bad first half and come out second half looking awesome is ridiculous but as i say i dont think he would be anything like what warnock is

16. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Lee Clarke is getting real backing from Dean Hoyle, why would he want to leave huddersfield?

Karl Robinson seems to be getting backing aswell both would be silly to come to Leeds as would anyone to be fair.

17. bigfatboab

bigfatboab Well-Known Member

18. Josh-LUFC

Bates claims we spend over 12mil on our wages. He also claims we have 30 players, by me thats an average wage of around 8k a week, bearing in mind that players like Rogers will be getting next to nothing (probs around 3k) and also all the youngsters will be getting really low wages as well.

I can't see how people can complain at bates for that imo, if we didn't have the likes of Rachubka, O'Brien, Bromby, O'Dear, Connolly, Vayrynen, Nunez on our books, we'd be in a much healthier position

19. Farsleyexile

Farsleyexile Well-Known Member

Warnock ticks all the boxes,has my backing,and he swears like me!

20. leeds60

leeds60 Well-Known Member

HAVING WATCHED tOWN i MUST DISAGREE WITHG MY MATE PENSHAW LEE CLARKE is without doubt the most useless manager the only reson he has been modestly sucessful is through the good will of his chairman who has given him Millions to spend . His tactics comp-rise of hoofball no the only 2 in the frame for me are Warnock
    but that would be interesting I think he would last less than Clough or Freedman