1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

New Head Coach

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by FellTop, Nov 26, 2023.

1. JHmackem

JHmackem Well-Known Member

Can see us getting relegated this season if we don’t sort things out soon. Players back in a couple of weeks and absolutely zero planning has been able to take place to right the wrongs from last season with us having no head coach. KLD needs to go, Speakman needs to go, Dodds and Proctor need to go. We’re being taken for a ride with these ****s running the club. Absolutely none of them give a **** and it shows. We’ve all joked on that Dodds will lead the team next season, but it’s looking more and more likely.

2. Carl and the Passions

Carl and the Passions Well-Known Member

Rigg. And it’s scandalous negligence.

3. alan reed

alan reed Well-Known Member

It come in pints?

4. Scout73

Scout73 Well-Known Member

My biggest issue with letting them go was getting rid of them in a short space of time - should have let 1 go in the summer, 1 in jan n 1 this summer. That way you still have the experience there.

Batth looked so bad last season, think his injury really impacted him

None of those 3 would kick us on to the next level but we simply didnt replace them at all

Pure River Slut likes this.
  5. alan reed

6. Rade Prica

Rade Prica Well-Known Member

No I agree mate. But I don’t think they realised that the squad wouldn’t work without them. They turned the dial too far. Need to turn it back.

samwise_new and Scout73 like this.
  7. Scout73

Get you feeling like that but what i would say is theres a long way to go before the season starts

Football changes so quickly, 1 good appointment, 1 good signing changes everything

Palm1 and Whittylad like this.
  8. alan reed

9. JHmackem

I get that, I really do. My issue is is that I do not trust the people running the club to deliver that for us. At what point do we all collectively agree that enough is enough of the **** we’re being served?

10. alan reed

11. Carl and the Passions

Carl and the Passions Well-Known Member

I agree with that sentiment but do we really look like making a good appointment? It’ll be luck rather than judgment at this stage.

Scout73 and JHmackem like this.
  12. JHmackem

13. alan reed

Not wrong there, I’ll blame the drink

14. J Flash

J Flash Well-Known Member

This is a point that I never really appreciated until this season. My mindset is sod age, its about quality. I've never worked at a professional club to understand fully but its clear those experienced heads play a big factor in success. Last summer, I thought transitioning an ageing batth out for Seelt/Triantis with a more ball playing centre half in Onien coming in made sense. I didnt consider the fact about the leadership and experience squads need. Has to be addressed this summer, mainly through the spine of the team.

15. Scout73

Truthfully - no idea!!

Thats the sad thing about it now, is i honestly dont know if we will. Im trying to stay open minded about it and ill judge the appointment on who comes in rather than how long it took

Theres plenty of good managers out there, if we manage to get Cifuentes then ill be really happy

Sometimes its great planning to land on a great manager n other times it can be luck - we know which one we are relying on this time

JHmackem likes this.
  16. Forpadydeplasterer

Forpadydeplasterer Well-Known Member

I'm still not as pissed off as others, I'll wait and see who the new head coach is, before I decide if it was worth the wait. And yes it has taken far too long.

There's obviously something amiss at the club. Both James Young and Akil Shah have left and haven't been replaced. Although they may have outsourced their roles, I'm not entirely sure. But since they left, especially Young, the data and signing have went awry.

Serious questions need to be asked, but I hope, they're asked properly and not some hell bent witch hunt which will be no good for any of us.

17. Pure River Slut

Pure River Slut Well-Known Member

Not for me actually. All have been great but none have pulled up trees. The issue was who came in instead.

18. Scout73

Squad building is tough tbh, its getting that balancing act between having great leaders in the dressing n trying to weigh up if they are at the standard needed

In theory letting gooch go made sense (i was gutted when he left like) as we had hume huggins cirkin alese pembele as fullbacks- big issue was most were injured.

Time will tell if theyve learned from the mistakes of last summer

Chunksafc and J Flash like this.
  19. Bank of England 2

Bank of England 2 Well-Known Member

In the early days, Speakman was successful in recruiting experienced pros who had lost their way in the Championship to play in League One. Since promotion, however, it appears he has been unable to recruit experienced players who have lost their way in the Premier League to play in the Championship. That may be a good signal as to his limitations as a DOF.

20. Yes but no but

Yes but no but Well-Known Member

No mate, last year