1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My support for Bialkowski

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by #44, Dec 13, 2011.

1. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Precisely, it wasn't the goal that crept in, it was every other touch before that that had done the damage.

2. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

Confidence is a frail thing. When he was injured in that Cup tie in Newcastle we were all gutted. We thought we'd found a gem. Maybe he should have been loaned to get some first team experience. His performance last weekend made we cringe for him. We know he is better than that.

3. The Archers

The Archers Well-Known Member

Went out on loan to Barnsley. Apparently he's brilliant in training so there's no issues with his ability, his issues would seem to be physcological. At no point on Saturday did he look like a provicient keeper, before he even touched the ball I don't think he fancied being in the arena, as NA calls it.

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Having thought it over, if ever there was a requirement for an example of a player needing games, it's Bart. I honestly think, from his perspective, he's spent too long in Kelvin Davies shadow. For his own sake, we might have to lose him, either just for a while, or completely. Otherwise he might be no use to anyone, including Saints.

5. The Archers

The Archers Well-Known Member

Totally agree. NA now has a problem he didn't have before Saturday.

6. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Yep. Just to add to that - I've never seen Bart as a perennial back-up goalkeeper, he's always had too much potential talent. Some goalies are suited to being back-up, but obviously Bart isn't. Without being too dramatic about the whole thing, his career could be compromised by the events of last Saturday, if he is allowed to wallow around at Saints as back-up. He needs lots of regular games and one day, I have every confidence he'll be able to take over from Kelvin.

7. settheSTandard