1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

My support for Bialkowski

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by #44, Dec 13, 2011.

1. 9043graham

9043graham Well-Known Member

bang on!!

2. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Without getting to technical about it, what happened to the 3rd line... when you're not near us, we're blue..?

Oh..! Now I can see where I've gone wrong. <laugh>

Incidentally, Mods. Why is it that all the half-decent/good icon/smileys are locked away in the More section, and only the crappiest are in the first choice area..? Please don't tell me they are the most popular, because I'll find it very hard to believe you. :police:

3. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

It wasn't just the Blackpool game though. He also made mistakes at games against Peterborough, Birmingham, Coventry and arguably Cardiff, and wasn't given a negative reaction until he single-handedly made our team crumble. When Billy Paynter was dreadful last season, we were chanting his name and supporting him every game. It felt like winning the cup when he scored at Deepdale to open his account and all the Leeds fans were singing about his goalscoring prowess on the way back from that hellhole.

"So much better than that". OK.

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I sympathise with Bart as a person, but if he's lost his nerve he needs games to recover. We can't afford to give him the time. Let him play in the FA Cup and see how he gets on.

5. TheSecondStain

To be fair, Qwerty, I've got agree with Leeds-18 here. Even though I don't take heed of rivals news, I couldn't help but notice that Rachubka had been making error upon error upto the point where Grayson called enough. I wasn't just an isolated game on his part.

6. farehamsaint1

farehamsaint1 Member

I think if I was in NA's shoes (which I'm not), all this week I'd get the rest of the squad to throw whatever they had at hand (ie fruit) at Bart and to shout 'Catch' as they're throwing. In my book a bit of tough love never hurt anybody <ok>

As Cat Slater from eastenders would say, he needs to 'grow a pair' as we all know the guy can play COYS

7. Jerel Ifil

Jerel Ifil Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;K0XaIewFtTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0XaIewFtTM[/video]

8. saintadam1981

saintadam1981 Active Member

If Frank Spencer was a goalkeeper this is what he'd be like! Awful!

9. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Actually old bean we have mentioned it on your behalf before on many occasion about the smileys. It seems that they come as a package that way!! Sorry about that!
    BT

10. TheSecondStain

Cheers Beddy. Just seems rather odd that the poorest ones are readily available, whilst the ones that a poster might more readily use are more inconveniently stored. Such is forum life, I suppose.

11. AdamBanana20

AdamBanana20 New Member

Are you polish?

12. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

It is strange, I was fed up with the lack of anything to watch on the box, so I dug out a DVD of Saints promotion season, in it we played away to Brentford, Kelvin Davis made a blooper which was very similar to Barts and we went down 2 0, looking further in to it I found messages absolutely slaughtering Saints and Kelvin particular, saying we were not going anywhere that season, and that the management must go e.t.c.! Extraordinary responses, which somewhat echo what is going on now, the rest is history as they say. I've searched in vain for a video link to it, perhaps someone else can find it.

13. TheSecondStain

Exactly..! People need to engage brain before gob gives them away for the cretins they are aiming to be..! <laugh>

That was a light hearted comment, but those who wish to take a lesson from it, can do.

14. Channonfodder

Channonfodder Rebel without a clue.....

I also seem to remember Kelv trying to shepherd a ball out of play, when a striker nicked it and scored. Obviously he looked a bit stupid, but he didn't then go to pieces. Bart looked nervous from the off and I still wonder if he wasn't avoiding putting his fingers under too much stress due to an injury. I think he will come good, and all the "he will never play in the shirt again" talk will seem to be what it is; a knee-jerk.

15. TheSecondStain

And this is it. Why can't people stop themselves from making ill-considered comments..? I don't mind ill-informed comments because people are basing them on poor information, and can always have their minds changed by better information. But to make some of the statements that I've read just makes the people who write them appear to be a laughing stock and nothing less.

16. evolution of saints

evolution of saints Active Member

did he not save a couple of pens en route to the JPT final, as home?

17. farehamsaint1

farehamsaint1 Member

The game you're referring to was actually at St Mary's and was the last league game we lost at home, over a year ago, underlining how important Saturday's late equaliser was. Agree that KD was heavily ridiculed after that game, it's how keepers react to mistakes that can rebuild or destroy reputations COYS

18. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

As they said on the FLS, any keeper can be forgiven a blooper, but playing poorly all match is more worrying.

19. lamby

lamby Needs a cold shower

I agree with Fran it wasn't the goal that worried me. His confidence looked shot from the first minute and the defence were scared to give him the ball. Let's just hope it was a one off. He certainly seems to have the support of the squad and Nigel and he is still young for a keeper.

20. farehamsaint1

farehamsaint1 Member

Would be interested to know now much notice Bart had of playing on Saturday; whatever it was, it wasn't enough as he apparently wasn't right in the warm-up

Bart will make up for it for saints in the future I'm sure but on sunday we need KD to be fully fit to play <ok>