1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Mouser Watch #2

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Hoddle is a god, May 26, 2012.

1. Wrong.

There was a point in the season when we were in contention for the title, and I, as did a lot of Spurs fans began to believe that we were in with a chance. We were perfectly entitled to believe that we were.

Of course, that was before Capello walked out of the England job, and Harry hit the self-destruct button.

2. England fans will be hoping Andy Carroll is better suited to international football than he is schoolyard games, after the Liverpool striker failed to complete 60 seconds of 'the yes/no game'.

(Source: Metro)

<doh>

3. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

x

4. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

least weve had a year in living memory

5. Redbrynner

Redbrynner Well-Known Member

No Arguments from here.....You guys are top four at the moment....that is why i dont understand the need to have an obsession with our club....I understand that it is a big thing to see yourself above Liverpool in the league......

Its quite funny that we (pool) are a declining club, but everyone feels the urge to talk about us all the time...I find it quite flatterring......

Since 2009 when we were awesome (lost two league games all year,) we have been pants.... Under roy played terrible football, didnt win much....but most Liverpool fans are pretty open about where we are...Nobody thinks we are going to win the league next years......We are not harping on about doubles triples. in general we are being realistic, so i dont understand what there is to laugh at..

We arent int he champions league so we are not going to attract the best players...we know this.

But we do have a system in place to improve (hoping the Americans dont turn outto be cowboys,)

Just dont get this article...reeks of obsession, but Im quite happy to watch you guys laugh....Whatever it is you are laughing at...

6. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

you guy's never gave Roy a chance,i think you would of done better under him than queen Kenny if you had given him time to get the squad he wanted in place

7. It's actually a number of things.

Firstly, there was that clown Benitez. He was an absolute hoot. He had the power to make me fall off my chair, pissing myself laughing.

Secondly, there was the virtual collapse of 'Pool, and the bargain-basement last-ditch buy-out by your new Yank owner, but not before the two previous clowns dragged LFC's good name through the High Court in their failed Texan injunction bid.

I didn't find your treatment of "gentleman" Roy funny, so I won't mention that.

Thirdly, there was the whole return of the "King" thing with Kenny-boy, and the self-induced state of undeserved euphoria that you Mousers got yourselves into, organising street parties and dancing to Cilla Black and Gerry and the Pacemakers records. See, us normal fans all knew that it was going to end in tears. That's the main reason why it was so bloody funny! You've got to trust me on this.

Fourthly, there was that whole "Klan-gate" debacle, when Suarez admitted to dishing out all manner of racist abuse to a black player (even though he's now claiming that he was innocent), and Kenny-boy's ill-judged support for the racist with his tee-shirt campaign. You must have seen that photo of your squad, all wearing white hoods, except for the few black players? Bloomin' hilarious, pal! And then there was the renaming of your stadium "Klanfield" by the FA.

Fifthly, you are still riding high in the comedy stakes as you search of a new manager. At the start, you Mousers were bandying about the names of Pep Guardiola and Jose Mourhino, but 'Pool was quick to scotch any ideas about that quality of candidate, and now you are casting about among the lower tier of management, to find someone who is prepared to "live the dream" of managing LFC whilst all you Mousers slate him before he's even got through the door (as you did with "gentleman" Roy), and get your banners ready.

It's not obsession; of that, I can absolutely assure you. Nothing so grand. It's pure entertainment! The best in town, in fact. Surely, you can understand that? You should feel proud.

By the way, can I come back on your board, now? I think I've served a long enough ban.

8. Master Yoda

Master Yoda Well-Known Member

You could come on to our board if you were funny, or even a little less nonsensical.

Yes, Rafa was hilarious. Watching us win the Champion's League must have been a right hoot.

Want to laugh at someone, laugh at Rick Parry, the man who stopped us signing Dani Alves, Jovetic and Simao.

9. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

Just seen on Twitter (I know, I know) that Brendan Rodgers has signed a three year deal with Historypool.

10. totsfan

totsfan Well-Known Member

i thought he'd turned them down,now we'll see what sort of manager he is.if it's true

11. superal

superal Active Member

Confirmed on bbc site now

12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

should be intresting......lets see if he can get them playing good football...he seems sensible..he refused the Chelsea job....

talk about 'avoiding the frying pan and jumping into the fire'

13. Brendan Rodgers is going to go one of two ways at 'Pool. Either:-

(1) he's going to prove that he was the reason why Swansea did so well to get promoted last season (as opposed to Swansea was already a club on the up, and Rodgers merely got lucky); or

(2) he'll catch "second-season" syndrome and have 'Pool in a relegation battle, come Xmas.

I honestly don't know which it will be.

What I will say is that if they get that bloke in as Director of Football (the one who used to manager Barcelona), it's going to be interesting watching how well that relationship develops, without the two falling out.

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

we also are supposed to be intrested in that Barca bloke as were City.

15. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

When did he refuse the Chelsea job? Seems you're getting your wires crossed....again.

16. Chirpy rides again

Chirpy rides again Active Member

It seems an odd choice. The Mousers said they played well last season (hitting the post stat) and to be fair, the football they played was not unattractive. The style of play didn't seem to be the problem, defending, scoring and holding onto a lead seem much higher on the list. I imagine that getting average players to play well is a little easier than getting internationals to fulfill their potential and there is nothing BR's CV to suggest he can.

He has had one good season in the Prem. It's quite a gamble and I can see another Uncle Roy situation developing if they show anything like the tragic form they did under 'king Kenny, especially at home. It's all very well saying "give him time" or "this is a massive rebuilding job" but that'll soon go out the window if they are getting caned at home by the likes of West Brom. I have already heard Mousers on TalkSport saying top 4 is their target now. Doesn't sound like a rebuilding job to me...

17. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

yes apologies my wording was incorrect..he was asked if he would be intrested and he said :

'i am looking to build my career,not destroy it'

<laugh> should have stuck to my version of events.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/mar/06/brendan-rodgers-ruled-out-chelsea-manager

and now im sure you will remind us that winning the 2 trophies you did is 'destroying his career' in a sarcastic manner and it is his loss..however we all know what he meant and why he said it in the grand scheme of things <ok>

18. notsosmartspur

notsosmartspur Well-Known Member

19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

think it would make a good signature would that Brendon Rodgers quote.

20. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member