1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

MOM Stoke (A)

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ellewoods, Sep 21, 2016.

1. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

Is this going to be on TV? Im going to put it up just in case.

2. tigerscanada

tigerscanada Well-Known Member

Certain
    Certainly doesn't appear to be on here in Canada - channels are swamped with the ice hockey (4-1 Canada vs USA as we speak elle, just before the end of the 2nd). Northampton vs Man Utd game is on (delayed on BEIN) but that's all I can find. Don't even see it on Sky in the UK.

3. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Last night the only one I could get a stream for was the Lesta v Chelsea game which was on SKY, so I assume there wouldn't be one.

4. tigerscanada

5. ellewoods

ellewoods Well-Known Member

6. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

by the sounds of the Stoke commentary. Id say :
    marshall?
    Henriksen?
    Mason?

ColumbusTiger likes this.
  7. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

By the Stoke radio stream, Marshall.
    Dunno any others.

8. tigerscanada

From the Burns & Swanny show ( or was it the Allen & Flanders show ?), Marshall was the star of the game. Davies was quietly efficient, with Henriksen a close third.

PattyNchips2 likes this.
  9. PattyNchips2

PattyNchips2 Well-Known Member

10. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

It sounded like it was easily Marshall. Henriksen and Mason did take their goals really well, and we've needed more goal threat so that was refreshing. That alone has them pressing for a place. Maloney came on and was effective upfront it seemed, loved the lay off for the Henriksen goal. He always seems to give us good attacking options, so is always at least a useful option off the bench and so far he's keeping healthy.

PattyNchips2 likes this.

11. Elliot139

Elliot139 Active Member

I'll do a brief summary of each player, as I was at the game.
    Marshall - brilliant. Good distribution from the back. Made a couple of vital saves and couldn't do anything about their goal. He'looks be number one. 9/10
    Weir - Isn't a RB and didn't half look it. Put in serious effort but ultimately was out of position and when played further up towards the end, looks a very good player and got the assist for Masons goal. 6/10
    Maguire - reasonably solid. Ventured forward a few times, some good long passes too. 7/10
    Davies - Realiable as ever. Went about his business quietly. 7/10
    Robbo - Looked good going forwards, but defensively got beaten too many times and gave Arnoutovic too much space for the goal. 6/10
    Mason - seemed very comfortable on the ball, played reasonably well and provided THE moment of the match but surprised he got hooked so early. 8/10
    Meyler - I love the guy. A proper graft, but I'm afraid tonight it's probably the worst I've ever seen him. First half couldn't play a decent pass, when it actually reached our man it was too hard. Slightly better second half but I'm surprised he didn't come of at HT. 4/10 (and that's being kind)
    Henriksen - seems a very good player in there, but was forced to play so deep at times. But in the end came up with the winner! 8/10
    Maloney - He was largely anonymous, got beaten in the air every single time (as expected) but made the winner with a wonderful flick. 7/10
    Keane - Barely noticed him at all if I'm honest. But should not be playing on the wing. 5/10
    Mbokani - Looks very threatening, he'll score goals for us this season. But isolated up top. Play him with Abel and that could be a strong strike force. 6/10
    Elmo - Looked decent tonight, seemed to be our outlet to try and counter. Also I think it's the first time this season he's played what I think is his preferred role as a winger. Seemed happier to be further forward. 6/10
    Tom - Typical Tom. Very comfortable on the ball. The usual few short passes then a dangerous looking long vertical pass. Nothing incredible and of course poor at closing down and tracking back, but allowed us to take Meyler off. 6/10
    Dio - Walked on. Ref blew his whistle. Walked off. What a man.

PLT, PattyNchips2, Marshyx and 13 others like this.
  12. Bengals Tiger

Bengals Tiger Well-Known Member

Thank you. We ex-pats genuinely appreciate an honest appraisal by someone who was actually there!

PattyNchips2 and Elliot139 like this.
  13. tigerscanada

Exactly as I gleaned from the Burns & Swanny show. But need to give two defenders (Marshall & Davies) an edge as they kept us in the game for the first half.
    Great report from an eye-witness. Thanks.

Elliot139 likes this.
  14. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

I'll second Bengals Tiger's and tigerscanada's comments. Thank you.

Elliot139 likes this.
  15. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

What happened to the rule that votes dont count unless we are at the game or watch the whole game on TV or computer.?? I'll wait till Tiger Player replay shows the whole game and then vote. Elliot's is the only one above that should count. Burns and Swann don't count.

PLT likes this.
  16. tigerscanada

Don't think ellewoods is including this game in the season stats primarily because there has been no TV coverage of this game widely distributed.

17. CANADATIGER

CANADATIGER Well-Known Member

Ok TC....makes sense.

18. tigerincanada

tigerincanada Well-Known Member

Canadatiger, are you still on Saltspring? If yes, please refer to my post on the Canadian supporters thread. Oh, keep well and best wishes. Wished I was aware of you when I was visiting.

19. charon-the-ferryman

charon-the-ferryman Well-Known Member

got it in one!

mom definitely Marshall, how can he be dropped after that performance, followed by Mason and Henriksen because of the goals and impact - thought Maguire was a bit disappointing, very slow but he did show some threat when he moved forward with the ball - the defence looks better with Livermore playing along side Davies - will be better when Dawson returns - enuf said about Meyler, I've never been a fan and last nights display was the worst I've seen him - anyway last night gave us the opportunity to see how our new signings play - Weir is definitely an exciting prospect - if ever anyone wanted a good example of smash and grab, that was it

20. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Davies
    Marshall
    Mason

We were laughably bad in the first half, six debutants was probably a step too far, too many players looked like they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing. Elliot's summary is pretty good, I put Davies top because he kept us in the game in the first half, Meyler was absolutely appalling (though it was no reason to cheer his substitution you daft bastards).

How we kept the ball out the net for a some of those attacks in the second half is beyond me, we could easily have lost this one by half a dozen goals if Stoke weren't completely lacking in confidence.

Elliot139 likes this.