1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Misinterpreted

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Tigger, Dec 4, 2013.

1. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

Valid point, however God knows how many people on here have said he would be well advised to keep his mouth shut, and now that he is they are saying he should speak out again.

Maybe he has decided to let SB sort the issue out as he seems to have the trust of both sides.

2. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

That interview was from 12th November. Love the bit where he says "if you want quality football then you need a shorter name" Brilliant logic. The interview with the Independent was only done at the weekend and the journo has publicly said there was no misquote and he still has the recording. He is just stronger in his criticism in the recent article.

3. juleskaren

juleskaren Well-Known Member

Burns spoke to him before the game on Sunday and he said he stands by what he said. He had a perfect opportunity to tone it down a bit at that point but he did not. He sticks resolutely to his original statement.

4. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Actually, it is a direct quote form the BBC website. I copied and pasted it from this address: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25174266

A week or so ago DMD asked why the "Lurkers" don't post often. It's because of this kind of thing. I wouldn't have said it was a quote if I'd made it up. To question it questions my integrity. I don't know why people have to try to belittle others to make themselves look better. Check out the link Craig. You'll see it is definitely part of the BBC website. You could argue that it's their sport website but it is still their site.

5. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

- I gave a link to a BBC Look North interview dated 12th November (post #2)

- tigerhull1504 gave a link to an Independent article dated 4th December (post #4)

- Then you said “BBC quoted the Independent.” (post #6)

- To which I responded very politely and unaggressively (even including a thumbs up)
    “Just to correct that point the BBC didn't quote the Independent interview. They had their own BBC Look North interview (below)”
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24913705#asset (post#11)

Now if I misunderstood you fair enough I apologise, however for you to then come out with:

Actually, it is a direct quote form the BBC website. I copied and pasted it from this address: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25174266

“A week or so ago DMD asked why the "Lurkers" don't post often. It's because of this kind of thing. I wouldn't have said it was a quote if I'd made it up. To question it questions my integrity. I don't know why people have to try to belittle others to make themselves look better. Check out the link Craig. You'll see it is definitely part of the BBC website. You could argue that it's their sport website but it is still their site.”

Well to be honest words fail me.

6. Obadiah

Obadiah Well-Known Member

Still only one response to what I've written. I accept that Assem Allam doesn't want me dead he just doesn't want me as a supporter of his football club. All those who oppose his name change and his football club have no place watching his team. That's what he said and that's what he meant.

He's an adult he can explain himself if he thinks he's been misquoted. Although if he did I'm sure the tape will be aired and we could all hear what tone of voice he used.

I agree Tigercity, Steve Bruce will offer him a way out of the hole he's dig himself. Whether he takes it or not is up to him.

7. Tigger

Tigger Well-Known Member

Thanks for the apology. I'm sorry if I've offended you by standing up for myself but I said they quoted the Independent. You said they didn't. Perhaps I've misunderstood you too. A touch of the misinterpreted?

8. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

No it's not. It's far more down to Bruce and the players.

Please stop this nonsense of insisting people weren't there when we were ****, just because you don't like them. You've been pulled up on it loads of times and keep posting it every so often.

9. FILEYseadog

FILEYseadog Well-Known Member

actually I will say what I like.....just like you do.

And considering we use to get sub 4,000 many were not there when we was ****.

Or don't you remember.

The young lads with the banner on Sunday.....weren't around then judging by there age.

And when everyone in the east stand and south stand sang city till I die when we went 2-1 up many were not all there when we was ****

So what I said was true.

Or do you think we would still get 20,000 plus if we sunk back down ????

Your deluded if you do.

10. FILEYseadog

I also thought Assem Allam brought Steve Bruce in. ?

I must be wrong

:)

11. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Why the **** does it matter if they were there or not when we were ****? They might not even have been born. At least they are prepared to fight for something they believe in. The money they pay to watch a game is every bit as good as yours.

12. FILEYseadog

Err when did I say it wasn't.????????

And you can think what you like but be honest if we end up **** again we know thousands would sod off again

13. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Here ^^^^^^^^

14. FILEYseadog

If 15,000 sung city till we die

And we use to get sub 4,000 in the dark days

I make it the majority singing it would sod off if we ended up as a no hope club like we use to be

You don't agree.....that's fine.

15. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

Would Mr. Allam say those words if talking face to face with fans? I heard most of the interview on Humberside with the reporter who wrote the piece, I'm sure he said that Mr. Allam said it more than once and that he (the interviewer) was shocked and had to listen three times to make sure he had heard correctly. If this is wrong I stand corrected, but would any other football club owner say such things? For them to be said on the day we played Liverpool of all clubs is disgraceful, whichever side of the debacle you are on. He has had the opportunity to rephrase but has not, a simple clarification would go a long way to diffuse the situation. It should not be left to Steve Bruce, on the eve of a very important game, to have to defend his boss.

16. Muffinthegoat

Muffinthegoat Well-Known Member

So on that basis only those of us who were there in the sub 4000 days are allowed an opinion?

17. FILEYseadog

I didn't even say that.

My opinion is about 15,000 sung city till idea...…and half of them would vanish if we ended up in league 2 division 4 and ****.

I think that.

We all know how our fans vanish when we sink...

Never said no one isn't allowed an opinion
    Never said my money was better then anyone else
    I don't even presume my opinion is right.

Just my view.....

18. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

I don't because some of them singing it probably weren't born when we were ****. Who are you to say they won't be present if we slip down the leagues?

Like I say, their money through the turnstile is every bit as good as yours, and whether they have supported us for 10 minutes or 10 years they are entitled to sing what they want.

At least they aren't pandering to our owners whim, they are showing some back bone.

I'd rather be Hull City AFC in the lower leagues than Hull Tigers in this pantomime circus. I grew up supporting City when they were ****, all I have known is ****. I've been all over the country in lower league away days - you know what - I loved it.

19. FILEYseadog

======

Yes that's you.........you might still go just as I still would.....just as I have done since 65

My opinion is many wouldn't still go

Your welcome to think different.

I also have had some great days watching City in every division including at the bottom of division 4

Trouble is the curse of Hull City is supporters who piss off when we are ****.

20. FILEYseadog

Also I'm loving being in the premier league and loving. Being the top club in Yorkshire
    Instead of being the worst.

Great times indeed for the club.