1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Millwall v Norwich City

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Aug 26, 2017.

?

Predict The Result

Poll closed Aug 27, 2017.
  1. Lions Win

50.0%
  2. Canaries Win

50.0%
  3. Stalemate

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Come on someone cheer me up and tell me the season isn't over in August.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  2. royalbarclayfan

royalbarclayfan Well-Known Member

I can´t see that this is totally unexpected, when you consider just what has happened this summer. Just because Webber got lucky with the appointment of Wagner, to go back and pick up his replacement, in the hope that he would be successful again, does seem a trifle naive. He might just as well have reappointed Neil Adams, whose CV is certainly no worse than Farkes. Then to make matters worse, Farke surrounds himself, not with experienced English coaches, people who know this League inside out, oh no, he brings in all his old cronies from the Bundesliga, who, like himself, know absolutely nothing about it. The squad also is taking on a decidedly Bundesliga II appearance, with second rate German ( and a few English) reserves filling the ranks, it´s hardly surprising we look like a flock of amateurs. As if all of the above wasn´t bad enough, he then decides to adopt a method of play, totally unsuited to achieving success in this particular League. Plenty of possession, but leaking two goals a game and failing to score any, is not going to bring many points, pretty football alone, never has gotten anyone out of this division, at least in an upward direction.

He, and Webber, need a rethink, and soon.

oldcanariesfan, K E M P, KIO and 4 others like this.
  3. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

To add insult to injury! The subs he made!...Did he think we were winning and trying to see the game out?! Has this guy worked in football before? Are we sure?

4. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

"I didn't see this result coming before the game, but I did quickly during the game.

"In general our behaviour in defence in the first half was horrible. The mistakes were poor.

"We spoke about how Millwall would play with long balls and who should go and win the headers. So it is really annoying these points determined the game, because we were sure we could defend these situations."

And Copy. And Paste. And Copy, and Paste. Recurring.

K E M P likes this.
  5. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Pretty much the way I feel about it RBF. I had my doubts when we let Bennett go and brought in unknown defenders from the lower leagues of the Bundesliga, and now they seem to be realised.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
  6. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

I can see Brentford banging in another 4 or 5 past this hapless defence in the League cup away.

7. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

All scored by Canos no doubt! <yikes>

DUNCAN DONUTS and JM Fan like this.
  8. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Daniel Farke refused to shy away from his true emotions after seeing Norwich City comfortably beaten at Millwall in the Sky Bet Championship on Saturday.

The Canaries conceded three times in the first half, before a Shaun Hutchinson header in the second period completed a comprehensive 4-0 win for The Lions.

Speaking to Norwich City TV, Farke said: "Our defensive behaviour in the first half was why we lost the game.

"We conceded the same goal at least two times. They were easy goals and I'm really annoyed.

"Conceding 12 goals after five games means normally it's not possible to win. We have to work on it.

"I have to either improve the players or find some other solutions. It's up to me do that and that's what I'm planning to do."

With a two-week break from domestic action for the September international fixtures, Farke knows there is much to work on.

"I'm totally annoyed and frustrated about our defensive behaviour," he added.

"I totally understand the fans' concerns. When you watch the first half, you have to be concerned.

"Making the mistakes we did, it's not posssible to win games. We have to improve.

"I'm hurt and the squad is hurt. We are angry and really sorry for the fans as that's not what we want to bring."

Source = https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/201.../?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral

DHCanary likes this.
  9. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that canario and at least he comes across as more honest than AN did (I’m just waiting for an article by our erstwhile captain – or should I say a repeat of is comments from last year, “We know what we did wrong and we’ll put it right before we play Brum; blah, blah, blah ….).

I do feel that DF CAN right the wrongs with our porous defence, but IMO it HAS to start with dropping Martin

KIO and carrowcanario like this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

Dropping Martin Husband and Franke all three are way out of their depth .
    The last 2 are young enough to improve but under Martin's leadership strolling around with their hands on their hips looking despondent is all they have learned.

Rich44 and JM Fan like this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

Conceding 12 goals after 5 games means normally it's not possible to win.
    no-shit-sherlock.jpg

We have got ourselves a footballing mastermind here <laugh>

Rich44, K E M P and JM Fan like this.
  12. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Andy Head's pulling no punches in his latest on MFW and I particularly liked this comment on our captain - "And Russell Martin. The Untouchable Russell Martin.
    How many shambolic horror shows must we witness before we re-evaluate a player’s effectiveness based on values other than “being a good ambassador”
    , or “lots of our previous managers picked him”. Those would also be the previous managers that stumbled along with a God-awful centre of defence. Farke’s Palace of Possession Football simply cannot be built on a bed of sand. Sorry Russell. It’s just not good enough."
    When is Farke going to 'smell the coffee' and not even have him in the squad????
    Full article here - http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter...efore-the-dawn-yesterday-was-a-total-eclipse/

carrowcanario and DUNCAN DONUTS like this.
  13. DUNCAN DONUTS

Almost spooky even ?
    Cannario was saying something similar recently.

carrowcanario and B-C like this.
  14. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Exactly DD and WHY can't our 'farking' HC see it???
    I know we've had injuries, but IMO, we'd have been better risking Godfrey (or any of the other Dad's Army recruits <laugh>) than playing Martin!!!<doh>

DUNCAN DONUTS likes this.
  15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

16. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Says it all really.

This is a hard league and you have to know what it offers in order to be able to compete. We appear either by default or design to be unprepared for the physical and mental battles that each weekend brings and our lack of experience (all bar a few of the retained "oldies" whom most admit we don't want here anyway [Martin, Naismith]) is being cruelly exposed.

JM Fan likes this.
  17. TC (Lovely Geezer)

TC (Lovely Geezer) Well-Known Member

To be fair, we have been playing a lot better than our league position suggested and this result was way overdue.
    You were just unlucky enough that it was you.
    We absolutely battered Forest and Ipswich, but came away with 0 points.

18. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Spot on 1950! I like the rumour about Grant Hanley as a possible new CB. He'd have the sort of bite we're lacking. Flint is another suggestion but we certainly need someone.

19. DUNCAN DONUTS

If he's £4m and £40k a week then it would seem wreckless

20. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

It seems remarkable to me that even after four or five seasons of us being obviously vulnerable, we still have not worked out a way to beat teams that sit back and play fast counter-attacking/long ball football.

Despite it being our repeated Achilles heel.

And the fact that c.60% of the English football league play in this way.

And four different managers.

: canarycall